Traffic Increasing :: Measures Taken

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Due to Knicks' great games, and making the playoffs, our traffic had almost doubled in the past month, which is great, but on the other hand, our bandwidth is kinda low.

Since we're just in april 14, and we already reached half of the bandwidth allowed for a month, we will have some rough times arround.

What does this mean?
For the final week of the month, the site will be closed untill the 1st of may
I'm not closing this site that easily, we'll still have on the main page the latest news and recaps, and of course, the forums.

Thanks for understanding, and... if anyone's willing to make some donations ... :)

Mondo

Benchwarmer
Rady, alot of the avatar sizes are(were?) too big, avatars are downloaded every single time people come here. Maybe putting a 25k limit instead?

rady

Administrator
Staff member
yes, i thought about that too, but i figured that april is a playoff month, so traffic is big anyway, not only on the forum, but on the site also. during the summer, people will cool a bit, and i'll try to search for a new host untill november.
anyway, from now on, avatar uploading is forbidden, and also the file attachements.
whoever want to display an avatar, and doesn't have a free host, can email me his image, and i'll take care of everything

frankwilliams

Benchwarmer
rady said:
yes, i thought about that too, but i figured that april is a playoff month, so traffic is big anyway, not only on the forum, but on the site also. during the summer, people will cool a bit, and i'll try to search for a new host untill november.
anyway, from now on, avatar uploading is forbidden, and also the file attachements.
whoever want to display an avatar, and doesn't have a free host, can email me his image, and i'll take care of everything

is mine big?