Curry Vows To Dominate

mafra

Legend
I know.... At least Curry got us going for 24 hours this year, before reality slaps us in the face. FORGET YOUR SHOES? Man....

metrocard

Legend
Surprise people think Curry can fit in this offense.
Or anywhere else for that matter.
Its over guys...move on.

Curry

I agree with all of the positive aspects Eddy brings to the table. I feel that us TRUE Knicks, have to stick by Curry for one more season, especially since he proved to the team that he is somewhat dedicated to getting back on track. I cannot wait to see him play, as he has looked good in practice. I say kepp Curry this year, hopefully he plays like the old Curry for multiple reasons: So he can get burn instead of benchwarming. To attract other teams' interest b/c he wants to start fresh with a new team.

So, if he can help the Knicks obtain a winning record this year which will also attract the heavily coveted FA's of next year, the Knicks would be in a win/win situation, for once.

portega1968

El Cacique
this is just hype with Curry... at well over 300 pounds, this guy is just gonna be the same lumbering brick and wont be worth shit to any team any time soon.

Im not gonna be fooled by all the spin laid down by his trainer and agent... Im just hoping they talk enough bullshit to entice Houston or whoever to get him off our payroll

JayJ44

Starter
Even if Curry got in shape, which I doubt he actually did, he would be horrible in this system. He would totally kill our offensive chemistry. This offense is predicated on ball movement, Curry is a blackhole. Pass it to him, the possession will most likely end in a turnover. Plus, any offense he creates is diminished because of his lack of defense and rebounding. He plays a losing style of basketball. I don't want any part of him this season. Hopefully we can trade him during the summer.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Surprise people think Curry can fit in this offense.
Or anywhere else for that matter.
Its over guys...move on.

You actually make a decent point. Shaq slowed down the Suns so why would Curry be able to run with the Knicks? It's a good question and concern, even if Curry is back in shape. We'll have to wait and see.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Curry's Future

Curry needs another big contract because, for whatever reasons, it appears he has spent more than he has made to date. I believe he is motivated. I also believe that his trainers have a good plan.

From what I have read, it appears that Curry did not start his current regimen until the second half of May at which time he weighed in at 358 pounds. He is now 328. There are two more months before the pre-season training begins. It is anticipated that he will come in at somewhere between 300 and 315 pounds. His trainers suggest that a good portion of that weight will have substituted fat for muscle and that Curry will be well conditioned. We are not going to know how true this might be until Curry starts running the floor in game like situations.

But an in shape Curry still will not thrive in a D'Antoni system. He could thrive in a slower half court system.

We are stuck with Curry until he shows something more than a 30 pound loss from a ridiculous 358 pounds. Only then will we be able to ship him out.

I still see him with Houston, but later rather than sooner.

Dirk

Benchwarmer
I feel that us TRUE Knicks, have to stick by Curry for one more season

What the hell is that supposed to mean? Oh because I don't stick by Curry even though he's done JACK for us the past 4 seasons I'm not a true Knicks fan? Gimme a f**king break man and watch you don't break your neck coming down from your high horse. The guys a fat lump of sh*t who doesn't seem to care that he's wearing a Knicks jersey. Maybe, after a couple of months into the season, and if I see a DRASTIC CONSISTENT IMPROVEMENT ON BOTH ENDS OF THE COURT I'LL CONSIDER THINKING ABOUT CONSIDERING getting behind Eddy Curry again. But sorry dude, I'm no lesser of a Knick fan than you or a "false" Knick fan for feeling this way. The guy has shown NOTHING to me for him to deserve my time, worry, money and support.

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
''Knicks president Donnie Walsh told SI.com that he asked Eddy Curry about playing in the summer league, but the veteran center didn't feel he was in basketball shape yet after missing most of last season. Curry, who practiced with the Knicks last week before leaving Las Vegas on Monday, has dropped close to 30 pounds in the last two months to slim down to 328 pounds.
"I think he feels like he has to lose another 20 [pounds] to be able to play," Walsh said.
Walsh added he was pleased with the way Curry looked after struggling with weight and conditioning problems last season.
"I think he has progressed a great deal," Walsh said. "He worked out with us and he looked really light on his feet. It's not a specific weight he has to get to. When he loses fat and gets muscle, he's going to lose weight but not as quickly as everyone might want him to. His [good] weight should be when he can go out there and keep up with our pace."'

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...7/15/vegas-curry/index.html?section=si_latest

He lost some weight but he is still a fat fuk. I'm not optimistic at all with this piece of shut.

jimkcchief88

All Star
You actually make a decent point. Shaq slowed down the Suns so why would Curry be able to run with the Knicks? It's a good question and concern, even if Curry is back in shape. We'll have to wait and see.

But Don, I remember you making the point that having a healthy E-City will allow us to play half court as well when necessary. Newsflash, Shaq is in Cleveland now. So are the Cavs gonna try and run and gun with Shaq in the rotation? Probably not as much. All I know is basketball is an inside-out game. Its alot easier to have open outside shots with a threat under the basket that draws double-teams. I really miss our games on Tuesday nights so Hubie Brown could break all this down like only Hubie can. It would be nice to have a team of all 6'8" to 6'11" guys with point guard skills and can shoot three pointers ringing up 140 points per game, but I think that team is called the Harlem Globetrotters.

jimkcchief88

All Star
What the hell is that supposed to mean? Oh because I don't stick by Curry even though he's done JACK for us the past 4 seasons I'm not a true Knicks fan? Gimme a f**king break man and watch you don't break your neck coming down from your high horse. The guys a fat lump of sh*t who doesn't seem to care that he's wearing a Knicks jersey. Maybe, after a couple of months into the season, and if I see a DRASTIC CONSISTENT IMPROVEMENT ON BOTH ENDS OF THE COURT I'LL CONSIDER THINKING ABOUT CONSIDERING getting behind Eddy Curry again. But sorry dude, I'm no lesser of a Knick fan than you or a "false" Knick fan for feeling this way. The guy has shown NOTHING to me for him to deserve my time, worry, money and support.

Not trying to speak for the Newbie, but I think its about respect for the man in the middle playing for the New York Knickerbockers. This some history there. Starbury STOLE tens of millions of dollars from our team to sit on the bench with mental and attitude problems, yet has a team of supporters on this board. Danillo is the face of the organization after appearing in 17 out of 82 games last year, and has supporters. Not saying Eddy has to be your fav, but how bout a little support for a young guy in a KNICKS uniform who had a HORRIFIC last 12 months. Even if you want Eddy gone, he has to show and preform to enhance his trade value, so root for that. You never know, Eddy might surprise us all this year. Welcome Newbie!!!!

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
But Don, I remember you making the point that having a healthy E-City will allow us to play half court as well when necessary. Newsflash, Shaq is in Cleveland now. So are the Cavs gonna try and run and gun with Shaq in the rotation? Probably not as much. All I know is basketball is an inside-out game. Its alot easier to have open outside shots with a threat under the basket that draws double-teams. I really miss our games on Tuesday nights so Hubie Brown could break all this down like only Hubie can. It would be nice to have a team of all 6'8" to 6'11" guys with point guard skills and can shoot three pointers ringing up 140 points per game, but I think that team is called the Harlem Globetrotters.

I agree with you, but consider who our coach is. I believe Dantoni would much rather have the whole team jacking up J's rather then have a dominate center. Amare is an exception. He's more of a PF and he's about 50lbs lighter then Curry and Shaq. The Shaq example was to show how a dominate center that can't run in an up tempo offense can throw this type of system off. A system with zero defenders, regardless of the bullshit DANO spews about the Suns being better defensively because the beat teams.

I'd be more confident if we had a coach that emphasized defense. I think Curry can be good, the question is will he stay in shape and will Dano know what to do with him.

Dirk

Benchwarmer
Not trying to speak for the Newbie, but I think its about respect for the man in the middle playing for the New York Knickerbockers. This some history there. Starbury STOLE tens of millions of dollars from our team to sit on the bench with mental and attitude problems, yet has a team of supporters on this board. Danillo is the face of the organization after appearing in 17 out of 82 games last year, and has supporters. Not saying Eddy has to be your fav, but how bout a little support for a young guy in a KNICKS uniform who had a HORRIFIC last 12 months. Even if you want Eddy gone, he has to show and preform to enhance his trade value, so root for that. You never know, Eddy might surprise us all this year. Welcome Newbie!!!!

I'm not getting into any kind of Stefon marbury debate. All I'm saying is Eddy Curry never looked like he cared about the Knicks or the game of basketball, look how he let himself go, and how much is he getting paid to play the game? It's cringeworthy when you remember players from the past who left everything on the floor and had a bit of pride about what they are doing. As I said, if he begins to show some improvement he might have a chance of getting some respect and support from me. I spend time and hard earned money watching and going to the games, you are going to turn around and tell me to root for that fat piece of sh*t? I don't care from what perspective you look at it, he's a FAT C**T. Trade value. No way, I wouldn't wish him on another team. Ship him to Greece or Italy, whereever, i don't care. As for your newbie comment, yeah, good one. i've been a Knicks fan 23 years, I've been on internet forums since internet began, but oooooooh I'm a newbie, oh my GOD!!!

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
I agree with you, but consider who our coach is. I believe Dantoni would much rather have the whole team jacking up J's rather then have a dominate center. Amare is an exception. He's more of a PF and he's about 50lbs lighter then Curry and Shaq. The Shaq example was to show how a dominate center that can't run in an up tempo offense can throw this type of system off. A system with zero defenders, regardless of the bullshit DANO spews about the Suns being better defensively because the beat teams.

I'd be more confident if we had a coach that emphasized defense. I think Curry can be good, the question is will he stay in shape and will Dano know what to do with him.

Was Edy Curry a dominant center ever in his life?
Please let us know.

jimkcchief88

All Star
I'm not getting into any kind of Stefon marbury debate. All I'm saying is Eddy Curry never looked like he cared about the Knicks or the game of basketball, look how he let himself go, and how much is he getting paid to play the game? It's cringeworthy when you remember players from the past who left everything on the floor and had a bit of pride about what they are doing. As I said, if he begins to show some improvement he might have a chance of getting some respect and support from me. I spend time and hard earned money watching and going to the games, you are going to turn around and tell me to root for that fat piece of sh*t? I don't care from what perspective you look at it, he's a FAT C**T. Trade value. No way, I wouldn't wish him on another team. Ship him to Greece or Italy, whereever, i don't care. As for your newbie comment, yeah, good one. i've been a Knicks fan 23 years, I've been on internet forums since internet began, but oooooooh I'm a newbie, oh my GOD!!!

You aren't the newbie, I was refering to Knicksareback, who is new to the board. Sure Eddy Curry is no Xavier Mcdaniel, Oak, or LJ, but times are different now. Not many teams have players like that anymore. All I'm saying is have a little empathy for the guy. Maybe cause I live in Chicago and have followed Eddy Curry for a long time. First of all, his WHOLE family is big. He has bad genes as far a that goes and will be fighting his weight his whole life. Plus he grew up on the South Side Chicago which ghetto and thier idea of a healthy meal is ketchup on your side of fries with your Harold's Chicken. Plus you throw in a heart condition and Eddy might not even make it to 40. The South Side is grimey so now everybody that Eddy comes in to contact with wants a piece of him from his driver (sexual harassment???), to his money manager(house in forclosure???), to shady baby mama's(15k a month in child support). Throw in the family problems and Eddy has the weight of the world on his shoulders. Maybe Eddy has been a little immature in the past, but I think he is a good kid. I never have opened the newspaper and read about E-city doing bad stuff, because it would be on the front page here in Chicago. Even something relatively small like throwing up signs in a party pic or larger like cheating his way into college like Derrick Rose, who is a good kid as well. Eddy didn't go to college (always thought he should have) I'm sure get his family out of the ghetto, so his growth has been stunted in all facets of his life on and off the court. All I am saying is Eddy doesn't have to be your favorite Knick ever, but give the guy a chance. If he can return to 50% of his form from 2 years ago, we would still have a top five center in the Eastern Conference. Keep talkin' about D'antoni's "fun and gun" system if you want, but both teams in the Finals last year had real centers on the roster. I am old school and still believe you need a center to anchor your team and if Eddy can get his life together, he still has the tools to be one of the top centers in the NBA.