Knicks going after Sessions

smokes

Huge Member
Knicks To Call Bucks About Sessions

Gery Woelfel reports that the Knicks covet point guard Ramon Sessions and want to pursue a sign-and-trade for the Bucks' restricted free-agent. Failing that, the Knicks will look to sign Sessions to an offer sheet at the mid-level exception.

Finally!

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
It's only a twitter rumor so not much credibility there but Iwould like if Donnie will try something regarding Session.

New New York

Quiet Storm
What is the sign and trade scenerio I wonder?

I mean we could offer them Cuttino's contract for Bruce Bowen or Amir Johnson and Session (at MLE), but why waste the asset or the roster space?

We could swap PGs and give them Duhon for him I suppose. Makes sense they get a backup PG for Brandon Jennings or even a player who starts for part of the season while Jennings learns the ropes, plus Duhon knows Scott Skiles' system. We get a starting PG in Sessions, and Toney Douglas is our backup.

or he can just pull a Jared Jefferies and ask his team not to match, but karma wasnt exactly on our side last time that happened.

I think The Knicks could sign him to a six million dollar deal and Mil. wont match just to avoid the salary hit.

The Chris Duhon trade scenerio is the most fair for both teams, but the Knicks could strong arm and keep Duhon as a backup, which is good because although Douglas has looked good in the Summer League, he wont be that good in the Pro's next season.

Not all that familar w/ Sessions, what we would be a good comparion to him?

Is he a playmaker, or a scoring PG?

He shot the ball well from the inside the line, but horrible from the three, which suggest he gets to the basket effectively, plus I love the 80% FT shooting. His almost six ast per game should be around 8 for Dantoni with about 14 pts per game.

Youth is always a plus too!

But here is the red flag.....why would Mil select Jennings (a bit of a risk) when they had a young, seemingly effective PG in Sessions? Scott Skiles knows PGs, he wouldnt just let a good one slip

mafra

Legend
I agree with the RED FLAG issue. Then again, maybe they felt BJ had more potential and was the only value where they were picking? I mean, just look at how we draft. Not like we ever were against drafting a position we already had a strength in?

Any word on his defensive prowess? We know he can run and pass and get to the rim....

The real key here is this: Is he worth overpaying for? We'll probably have to max out the MLE, give him 4-5 years.... just to have a chance, right? I doubt a S&T works....

I think he's the best option over what we've been looking at, b/c his best years are ahead of him. He would make a nice PG duo w/ Duhon, and Douglas could be our combo guard coming off the bench.

NYKnicks15

Starter
Ramon sessions is someone Im on the line for..

He is 6'3 which is good. pass first which is good. active on the boards. pretty good on defense averages at least one steal a game and has quick feet which makes him a good overall perimeter defender. and when he tries to score its either in the paint at an efficient rate or at the line which already mentioned he is 80 percent at.

the only part that actually scares me is.. the money. is he worth giving up a player first of all and two is he worth the money we will throw? we will need players to play around whoever we sign next year or the year after but is he worth it?

he has starting ability.. in fact recorded a triple double last year as well as a double double-double (20 pts 20 asts). oh.. and he did this on the BUCKS. he is a solid leader and pass first guard but is he better than duhon? not quite sure.. if we dont give up Duhon in the trade.. they might make a good one two punch.

Ramon sessions is someone Im on the line for..

He is 6'3 which is good. pass first which is good. active on the boards. pretty good on defense averages at least one steal a game and has quick feet which makes him a good overall perimeter defender. and when he tries to score its either in the paint at an efficient rate or at the line which already mentioned he is 80 percent at.

the only part that actually scares me is.. the money. is he worth giving up a player first of all and two is he worth the money we will throw? we will need players to play around whoever we sign next year or the year after but is he worth it?

he has starting ability.. in fact recorded a triple double last year as well as a double double-double (20 pts 20 asts). oh.. and he did this on the BUCKS. he is a solid leader and pass first guard but is he better than duhon? not quite sure.. if we dont give up Duhon in the trade.. they might make a good one two punch.

well spoken my friend
agreed, is he really better than duhon, stats look similar, duhon had a 22 ast game, but that doesnt mean hes a star, and truth is duhons only a few yrs older than him, with more experience, and I feel is a better defender.
I wouldnt throw the boat at sessions unless we can keep duhon as an insurance policy in case sessions isnt what we expect.

Ewing

Benchwarmer
Get him Donnie!
He could be a good player to atract both James and Wade, imagine this backcourt: Sessions, Wade, James...:peace:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Good Sessions vid.

After seeing this, I'd like to know why the Bucks haven't offered him more?

Seems kinda weird?

LJ4ptplay

Starter

Nice find. Thanks!

He seems like a good kid. I think I'm starting to come around. I didn't really know too much about him. Here's some more info from Wikipedia:

Ramon Sessions (born April 11, 1986 in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina) is an American professional basketball player for the NBA's Milwaukee Bucks. He was drafted by Milwaukee with the 56th pick in the 2007 NBA Draft. Sessions played collegiately at the University of Nevada for three years. Sessions ranks second in career assists at Nevada with 478. In Sessions' final season at Nevada he averaged 12.3 points, 4.7 rebounds, 4.7 assists and 0.9 steals per game.[1]

NBA Career
Although some felt Sessions should have returned for his senior year at Nevada, he put on a very strong performance at the NBA pre-draft camp in Orlando and decided to stay in the draft. Considered by scouts to be a very good ballhandler, passer, and decision-maker, although his athleticism and NBA-scoring ability were questioned.[2]

Sessions was the first NBA player to be assigned to the NBA Development League in the 2007-08 season, when he was sent by the Bucks to the Tulsa 66ers;[3] Sessions was named D-League Performer of the Week for the opening weekend of the season, November 26, 2007, averaging 30.5 points, 7.5 rebounds and 5.0 assists.[3] Later in the season, for January 28, 2008, he was also named Performer of the Week, becoming the first two-time performer for the season.[4] He averaged 29.6 points, 8.0 rebounds and 12.3 assists in three wins for the 66ers.[4]

In January 2008, Sessions was first called up to the Bucks, but due to a wrist injury he wasn't able to make his NBA debut until March 9[5], in a 119-97 home loss against the Philadelphia 76ers, scoring 2 points.[6] Later on, due to injuries to starting point guard Maurice "Mo" Williams and reserve Charlie Bell, his playing time increased. Earlier, on April 2, he made a game-winning 19-foot baseline jumper, off a pass from Andrew Bogut, to give the Bucks a dramatic one-point road win against the Washington Wizards in a game where the Bucks never led by more than one point.[7]

On April 14, 2008, Sessions scored a then career-high 20 points, adding 8 rebounds and a Milwaukee Bucks franchise-record 24 assists against the Chicago Bulls in a 151-135 home loss.[8] His performance was also the first "20-20" (also known as a double double-double) with points and assists in Bucks history.[8] The following night he topped his career-high with 25 points, in a 110-101 loss to the Minnesota Timberwolves.[9] Sessions topped his career high again by almost doubling it. On February 7, 2009 in an overtime loss against the Detroit Pistons, he scored 44 points.[10] On April 1, 2009, Sessions recorded his first career triple-double against the Los Angeles Lakers scoring 16 points with 16 assists and 10 rebounds.[11]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramon_Sessions

The Duhon comparisons are accurate.

Duhon stats last year:
11.1 pts 3.1 rebs 7.2 assts 36 mpg

Sessions stats last year:
12.4 pts 3.4 rebs 5.7 assts 27 mpg

The most notable difference is the minutes per game. Sessions played 9 minutes less and in Scott Skiles system. More minutes in D'Antoni's system could equal double/double average in points and assists. He really needs to improve his 3pt percentage (17.7 % last year).

Most rumors are saying the Bucks will match any offer under $6 mil per, which is what the Knicks will offer with the MLE.

*Edit* If the Knicks get Sessions, does this mean Duhon will be traded??

Last edited:

Blas

Benchwarmer
I guess the answer to why the Bucks won't offer him a big contract is: Duhon.

Sessions "could" be something big, or just turn out to be a serviceable PG. Why pay so much for a serviceable PG? Why pay so much for a "Chris Duhon?"

I think that is the Buck's answer to such a question.

He has yet to consistently be a starter for an entire season. This will give any team a better picture vs. looking coming off the bench stats.

And can Sessions handle Mike D's system? We saw how our team broke down in the end. We saw how Duhon completely ran out of gas. Do the bucks have a rigid workout routine?

There is a lot of questions that surround this kid...

worst Walsh move ever

Sessions sucks, Toney Douglas is better

idiots... dumb allan houston

jpz please back this up. Douglas has yet to play an NBA game. Sessions had better summer league stats with less playing time.