Game 1: NJ vs NY

kevin

Benchwarmer
Game 1 NJ v NY

This is going to be a very interesting series I predict that the knicks will give the Nets a very hard time and Mike Sweetney will become a major factor and Kurt Thomas will also step up also

What are your predictions

e_D

Benchwarmer
I got my ticket for this game! I'm going.. I'm so psyched.. I'm gonna wear a Steph jersey and just wait for an NJ fan to sound off at me.. I'll knock his teeth out!! Make his head more swollen than Kidds' kid! :lol: I'm so amped..

O yeah.. I think Kurt is going to come strong also.. of course marbury is going to be busy.. I don't see Sweets getting much play time.. I think Naz may be a factor too.. Overall I think this game's going to go to the Nets though. you know what, fuck it.. KNICKS by 12. :)

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
knicks by 9. marbrury will have 25 + pts and 10+ dimes. kt will have a double double and nazr may 2. i saw tt has 15-20 pts. well c... anybody know if its on national tv or not? its sat rite.....

p

newmove

Rotation player
NYK 102 - NJ 96 :)

Marbury: 20pts + 8ast + 4rebs + 2 st + 1bl + 2to + 3 fouls
8)
hopefully it would come true ;)

newmove

Rotation player
frankwilliams said:
frank williams 10 points 5 assists 3 rebounds 3 steals 2 fouls
3 steals? i find it hard to believe... i mean frank is a good defensive player, but THREE steals? i doubt... anyways i would like him to prove i was wrong...

Hoagies99

Benchwarmer
i dunno y but i kinda see em losing the 1st game, then theyll wake up and win alotta games, kinda like a wake up call

allan20

Benchwarmer
topic sticked

oh man.. the first playoff game in the past 3 years, tomorrow night!

we play the first game away. this will one of the most important games, if we win, we'll just have to win the rest of our home games.

easy. huh? :)

pisswalk.gif
njn2_60px.gif

alrobinson6022

Benchwarmer
i think the knicks will win game 1. look for steph to drop 30 something in the first game. i see marbury averaging about 30 points a game in this series because he's on a mission. tim thomas will eat up richard jefferson in the post also..

WiL8000

Rotation player
I think the Knicks are ready to surprise all the skeptics by winning this series. Last game against the Nets was pure
humiliation for New York. The Nets were looking for payback in that game, because of what Penny had said about
them, now the Knicks have to answer back. This is a fresh start for them, they don't have to pick up, where another roster left off. I know Marbury wants to win this series, look for him to pick up the intensity and lead the Knicks to victory. Look for game 1 to be close.

aswitzer

Rookie
This first game may say a lot - especially how healthy and effective Kidd will be.

If he's not 90% or better, the Knicks can definitely surprise the Nets!

JJtheKnick

Starter
for the knicks its going to be hard i think the knicks will win it 4-2 but we need a lot from starbury and allen also deke to block those alley opps

allan20

Benchwarmer
New York will win if ...
Jason Kidd's sore knee flares up, and Stephon Marbury goes crazy against his former team. Really, that's New York's best bet. Otherwise, the Knicks probably don't have enough offensive punch to solve New Jersey's iron-clad defense, especially with Allan Houston (knee) unlikely to play. The Nets are 10-2 against New York in the Kidd Era, and while the Knicks' roster has changed a lot since midseason, New Jersey remains a tough matchup. New York doesn't have enough low-post scorers, and its deeper bench won't matter as much in the playoffs. Tim Thomas, Kurt Thomas, Penny Hardaway and Vin Baker will have to be on fire for the Knicks to pull this one out.

New Jersey will win if ...
Kidd and Kenyon Martin (knee) stay healthy. Even if they don't, New Jersey still has a shot, as proven by its 25-point blowout win over New York last month without their two stars. As long as Kidd and Martin are in uniform, however, the Nets are too good defensively and too tough mentally to lose to a New York team minus its best outside shooter (Houston). Richard Jefferson has emerged as an all-around scorer, while Lucious Harris, Rodney Rogers and Aaron Williams give the Nets three key reserves who have been to two straight NBA Finals. With the bad blood and trash talk already flying, the Nets won't be caught looking ahead.

SI.com

come on, that's the best chance we have?

jayp

Benchwarmer
obviously the writer was a Nets fan.. C'mon, this is the playoffs.. A whole NEW ballgame.. what happened during the season is not a basis of our performance in the playoffs..

rady

Administrator
Staff member
few more hours now :)

BTW
we might have some nets fans around, please treat them with respect, as we treat our fellow laker fans. that means no trashtalking, no useless insults, no bashing. We'll just have to focus on the game, aight? :)

Game Preview:
EAST RUTHERFORD, New Jersey (Ticker) -- The cross-river rivalry between the New Jersey Nets and the New York Knicks begins Saturday in Game One of an Eastern Conference first-round series.

New Jersey survived injuries to Jason Kidd and Kenyon Martin to compile 47 wins and earn a third straight Atlantic Division title. Kidd and Martin's health will be a major issue on Saturday.

The game will also be a homecoming for former Net Stephon Marbury, the player New Jersey traded away to obtain Kidd. Marbury has never won a playoff series.

New York is back in the playoffs after a two-year absence. The Knicks last postseason appearance ended in a five-game first-round loss to Toronto in 2001.

MEANINGFUL MATCHUP: Jason Kidd vs. Stephon Marbury. These two point guards were traded for each other on July 18, 2001 in a deal that sent Kidd to New Jersey and Marbury to Phoenix. Marbury is living out a dream by playing with the Knicks, the team he wanted to play for since he was a child. Kidd feels this matchup will allow him to demonstrate that he is the league's best point guard.

WHO'S HOT: Knicks: G Stephon Marbury averaged 19.3 points and 6.7 assists vs. Nets this season. ... C Nazr Mohammed has collected 18 points and 14 rebounds over his last two games. Nets: G Richard Jefferson averaged 24 points per game in March and 16.5 in four games against the Knicks. ... G Lucious Harris shot over 40 percent in March and April after failing to do so the three previous months.

WHO'S NOT: Knicks: G Shandon Anderson has started for injured G Allan Houston in each of the last 14 games and is averaging just 8.4 points per game. Nets: C Jason Collins played all but four games this season, but only posted three double-doubles.

STREAKS: New Jersey lost 10 of its last 16 games while nursing injuries to Kidd and Martin. ... New York is 10-6 in its last 16 games.

SEASON SERIES & HISTORY: New Jersey is 10-2 against New York since Kidd joined the team.

The Nets have won seven straight at home vs. the Knicks.

INJURIES: Knicks: G Allan Houston (knee) has missed 13 of the last 14 games. ... Nets: F Kenyon Martin (knee) missed last two games.

It's playoff time again,
Let's Go Knicks!!