Knicks should buy CP3

Bernard_King

Benchwarmer
The Knicks should throw out 100 Million & ending contract to New Orleans and get Chris Paul in a Knicks uniform. Remember it worked great for the Yankees and Babe Ruth. This would make Dolan a hero and the toast of NY city, but I bet there some type of NBA rule against buying a player like this.
Remember New Orleans owner is in trouble and a 100 million could do the trick. Your thoughts?

Madhatter9382

Benchwarmer
I don't understand why we can't just draft or develop our own superstar(s), it seems like it's not just a Knick thing but a NY sports thing in general. Always just buy another teams superstar instead of drafting our own. It was great watching Ewing in his prime, knowing he was homegrown etc...

I wouldnt say that all new york teams buy their players

The yankees won with a core of posada, Bernie, Jeter, pettite, El Duque and Rivera heading the way all home grown super stars, now we add cano, hughes, chamberlain, wang, melky, cervelli who all appear to be up and coming quality performers all part of our system

The giants the whole entire team is drafted
Snee
Tuck
Jacobs
Bradshaw
Eli
Osi
Ross
Alford

I mean you can go on and on there

The mets best players Reyes and Wright Home grown stars

Its easy to over analyze the knicks situation

but the NBA is different where one guy can make the difference sometimes

And I believe that the NBA has been pretty legit with grooming their players

look at these drafted by the team they still play for super star list

Cavs LEbron
Nuggest Carmelo
SPurs Duncan PArker GInobli
Celtics Pierce
Lakers Kobe
Hornets Paul
Rockets Yao
Magic Dwight
Raports Bosh
Pacers Granger
Suns Amare
Mavs Dirk
Jazz D Will
Portland Roy
Bulls Rose
Haet Wade

Most play off teams

ALl the best players int he league play for the team who drafted them.

I dont know what your talking about

WE are just finally now tapping into what you asking for so thanks walsh and Mike D for rebuilding frmo the ground up, I dont think we are depending on a star to come here and save the day, we are just making sure that if one wants to sign with us we have the money to do so.,

Resigning LEe and NAte will not bring us a championship

Grooming Gallo Chandler Douglas Hill and adding pieces will

iSaYughh

Starter
Such a gross misconception that NY teams (i.e. Yankees, Giants, Knicks....meh, Mets, too) don't develop homegrown talent and "just buy players". Great post, Harper. And it's not like us keeping the options open to make a crisp FA acquisition is mutually exclusive with us drafting well and grooming studs (Gallo, Lee, Chandler, etc.)

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
I don't think we can straight up buy a player. This ain't soccer. Its the nba.

Still, I would much rather the Knicks pursue a playmaking PG like paul instead of a star SG/SF like lebron or wade.

johnstarky

Rotation player
If the owner of Dell,inc can buy Jennifer Lopez off of Marc Anthony then the idea of Chris Paul being purchased by the New York Knicks for 100 million dollars wouldn't look like a mere fantasy.

AlboKnickFan

Benchwarmer
You know I like this idea a lot but I am afraid that he will fall down and injure both of his knees just one day after we have bought him.

I think a fate like that has been chasing us for the past 10 years.

mikelee

Rookie
I don't understand why we can't just draft or develop our own superstar(s), it seems like it's not just a Knick thing but a NY sports thing in general. Always just buy another teams superstar instead of drafting our own. It was great watching Ewing in his prime, knowing he was homegrown etc...

I totally agreed with u..... i really want to develop our own superstar!!

Blumatic

Rotation player
You kinda need to draft a superstar type player. We've drafted a lot of players since Ewing. No one even became half the star Pat was. And the players we do trade away never really end up being successful anyway.

The Clippers finally got someone they can grow with. We have no one. So you talk trades.