Walsh Meets w/ Andre Miller

mafra

Legend
NY Daily News:

The Knicks met with free-agent point guard Andre Miller on Monday, the Daily News has learned.

According to a team source, the meeting between Miller and Knicks president Donnie Walsh took place at the Knicks training facility in Greenburgh. It is not believed that the Knicks made Miller an offer. Miller is hoping to sign for more than the mid-level exception of $5.8 million.

A more plausible scenario for the Knicks would be to work out a sign-and-trade with the Sixers. Chris Duhon would almost certainly be included in a deal for Miller.

Last week, Miller met with officials from the Portland Trail Blazers, who have money under the salary cap to offer Miller a contract worth $8 million to $10 million annually. There has also been talk of a possible sign-and-trade between Portland and Philadelphia.

===========

MIL beat writer claims Walsh will sign Sessions tomorrow. Maybe before he signs Sessions for the MLE (4-5 year deal around 24-30 mil) he throws Miller a take-it-or-leave-it type offer?

Paul1355

All Star
NY Daily News:

The Knicks met with free-agent point guard Andre Miller on Monday, the Daily News has learned.

According to a team source, the meeting between Miller and Knicks president Donnie Walsh took place at the Knicks training facility in Greenburgh. It is not believed that the Knicks made Miller an offer. Miller is hoping to sign for more than the mid-level exception of $5.8 million.

A more plausible scenario for the Knicks would be to work out a sign-and-trade with the Sixers. Chris Duhon would almost certainly be included in a deal for Miller.

Last week, Miller met with officials from the Portland Trail Blazers, who have money under the salary cap to offer Miller a contract worth $8 million to $10 million annually. There has also been talk of a possible sign-and-trade between Portland and Philadelphia.

===========

MIL beat writer claims Walsh will sign Sessions tomorrow. Maybe before he signs Sessions for the MLE (4-5 year deal around 24-30 mil) he throws Miller a take-it-or-leave-it type offer?

Miller would help us right away with his amazing passing ability and being one of the top floor generals in the NBA. He is older and cost more but he is the best PG available that we can get.

Ramon Sessions has alot of upside and is a Knick killer so having him would be another bright spot for our future.

Chris Duhon should stay but if trading him means getting Sessions or Miller then it is acceptable to package Duhon in a sign and trade. Duhon played a much better first half because of injuries and fatigue that set in for him in the second half...for a guy that was benched his whole career to suddenly play over 30 min a game every game...he did well and only for 5 milllion a year. If Duhon had consistent outside shooters and more playmakers then his assists number would have been through the roof.

mafra

Legend
Miller would help us right away with his amazing passing ability and being one of the top floor generals in the NBA. He is older and cost more but he is the best PG available that we can get.

Ramon Sessions has alot of upside and is a Knick killer so having him would be another bright spot for our future.

Chris Duhon should stay but if trading him means getting Sessions or Miller then it is acceptable to package Duhon in a sign and trade. Duhon played a much better first half because of injuries and fatigue that set in for him in the second half...for a guy that was benched his whole career to suddenly play over 30 min a game every game...he did well and only for 5 milllion a year. If Duhon had consistent outside shooters and more playmakers then his assists number would have been through the roof.

I have no problem with Duhon being the backup PG. Evena starting one, with a quality backup to give him rest.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Has anybody heard any reports of Duhon getting in better shape for this year? With all the rumors of the Knicks going after PGs, you would think he knows his future is at risk. He does have issues of partying too much.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Lets be real here, if Miller was going to take MLE money why wouldnt he go to Mia. Not to mention Portland likes him and could get him for more than we have to offer and still have cash to spare.

Lets face it,This was not supposed to be a big FA offseason for us and it is not going to be one.

Please Walsh save us the embarrassment of being turned down yet again.

Lets just meet Lee's agent at 8 million per, sign Nate, monitor Eddy's workout, and just get ready for this season. Because this is going to be one our most critical seasons in terms of pressure to win and to show hope for the future.

IcEWaTEr123

Benchwarmer
Theres no way were getting miller. hes not worth the mle. even tho that would be such a great fit i doubt it will happen. Lets just hope we can get sessions, after duhons debacle at that end of the seasos hes more of a back up type player.

NYKnicks15

Starter
its a one last meeting before we decide to officially sign Ramon Sessions to a multi year deal. If we dont get Andre for one year at MLE or sign and trade for one year then we are going to announce the signing of Ramon Sessions to an offer sheet this week.

to be completely honest.. if any superstar that is a free agent next year sees us sign Ramon Sessions and he plays like he did last year and resign David Lee its a huge plus. Ramon Sessions and David Lee could be two key components to a championship squad in a couple years. Aswell as the development of Hill/Gallinari and Chandler to a less extent (who for some reason I see getting traded before all is said and done) also a resigning of Nate could help LeBron has already stated he would have fun playing with him

I'll admit I don't know much about Ramon Sessions, but from what you guys say I think I'd be pretty excited if we could get him. I can't imagine that Miller will sign with us for the MLE. He is more valuable than that.

At this point, I think we need to re-sign Lee (which it looks like we will). I would like to see Nate re-signed as well but could live without him more than Lee. Nate is the type of player who, on a good team, should get 15 minutes a game and provide instant offense and excitement.

JayJ44

Starter
I don't want Miller here. He's a good player, but a bad fit in this system. Plus, his main goal will be just to inflate his stats for a year, then bounce to free agency. No thanks. I would rather sign Sessions for a couple years which will address our need at PG for years to come, rather than just a 1 year rental.

AlboKnickFan

Benchwarmer
I don't want Miller here. He's a good player, but a bad fit in this system. Plus, his main goal will be just to inflate his stats for a year, then bounce to free agency. No thanks. I would rather sign Sessions for a couple years which will address our need at PG for years to come, rather than just a 1 year rental.

My friend nobody seems to be fitting with our system for the past 10 years.

Why what kind of system do we have?

Are we trying to compare D`Antonis team of

Steve Nash, Raja Bell, Boris Diaw, Amare Stoudemire etc

To D`Antonis new team of

Chris Duhon Larry Hughes Jared JEffries and Eddy Curry ?

This type of offensive game somewhat worked only in Phoenix and thats because they had some really great players. But this type of game still did not work there either. THEY DID NOT EVEN MAKE THE NBA FINALS.

If "OUR SYSTEM" does not get together and play some strong defense we will never be able to make the playoffs in the East.

And we need to quit talking about systems. We need to start thinking of what we can get this offseason, and with the best team we can make for 2009/10, start from there play hard every night with a lot of defense if we want to at least make the playoffs.