What is our starting lineup if no moves are made this offseason

New New York

Quiet Storm
By no moves, I mean no changes to our roster, meaning we keep Lee and Nate.

Look for better or worst Walsh is sticking to this 2010 plan and we have to come to the realization that possibly this will be the team we head into training camp with.

With that said, who is your starting five, based on talent. What I mean is, not putting Curry in the starting five simply to boost his trade value.

PG: Well no mystery here, if no moves are made Duhon wins by default. No way Nate or Toney Douglas are given the keys.

SG: I like Larry Hughes, I think that he is the best fit for the position, but Wilson Chandler -while not a true SG by no means- would get the nod from Dantoni to convince folks we have a future. But Hughes look ok at times coming to us from Chi. where he was on the bench most of the time, he should look really good being able to start the season a Knick. He and Duhon is a pretty backcourt on D.

SF:This is tough, because I am pulling for Danillo, Walsh needs for Danillo to have a great season, but the Knicks are better off starting Al Harrington here.

PF: Another no Brainer, but unlike the Duhon selection this one is based off him being the best. David Lee is the best PF The Knicks have had since LJ retired. He is arguably our best player, if (big if) we re-sign him he and Duhon are our sure shot starters.

Center:Well with Al at the SF and David at the PF, there is no mystery as to who our starting Center will be from my point of view. Look if (another big if) Eddy Curry comes into camp in the shape that his trainers are talking about gettig him into, then he is our starting Center. He and David should be a 30 pt 19 reb frontcourt....of course they will average less than a blk between the two of them and they should give up more points than any other frontcourt tandem in the league.

So lets look at what in all likelyhood will be our team.

Duhon
Hughes
Harrington
Lee
Curry

Bench
  1. Nate
  2. Wilson
  3. Danillo
  4. Hill
  5. Millic
I tell you what, we will find out how good Dantoni is as a coach if that is our lineup, because I think a good coach could win 35 or more (especially playing in the East) with that lineup.

New New York

Quiet Storm
I would love for Douglas to crack the rotation too, but I doubt he will. Which is kinda a good thing because it will allow him to come along slowly.

yeah douglas wont crack the rotation unless he truly earns it. I could see him playing spot minutes similar to what q rich did this past season, play 35 mins one game, and then 10 the next, and then sit for a game.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Realistic line-up:

PG- Duhon
SG- Hughes
SF- Chandler
PF- Harrington
C- Lee

Talent-wise, every player on the above line-up will excel best at the position I put them in. For example, even though hughes is a piece of shit, he still is a better fit at SG than any other player we have.

My dream line-up:

PG- Nate the Great
SG- Chandler
SF- Danilo
PF- Harrington
C- Lee

The DREAM line-up would give us endless energy, a lot of fast breaks and also solid defense. No more slow starts.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Duhon
Wilson
Harrington
Lee
Milicic

Douglas
Nate
Hughes
Danilo
Curry/Hill

Actually that is almost a complete frontcourt. I mean in theory Lee and he average 20 rebs, Darko gets about a 1.5 blocks per, Lee scores on the inside and Dantoni plans to use Darko to hit J's....Now realistically that doesnt go down that way!

I wouldnt mind Darko our starting Center if Lee was a better scorer, or Darko was a better defender.

I think w/ Eddy and David you get a frontcourt that all the way sucks on defense, but is a really compliments each other on offense (especially if David's jumper continues to improve like it has every year). As oppossed to being an less than average defensive frontcourt while being only an average (at best) frontcourt offensively with Darko and Lee. Might as well be completly good on one side of the ball!

New New York

Quiet Storm
Realistic line-up:

PG- Duhon
SG- Hughes
SF- Chandler
PF- Harrington
C- Lee

Talent-wise, every player on the above line-up will excel best at the position I put them in. For example, even though hughes is a piece of shit, he still is a better fit at SG than any other player we have.

My dream line-up:

PG- Nate the Great
SG- Chandler
SF- Danilo
PF- Harrington
C- Lee

The DREAM line-up would give us endless energy, a lot of fast breaks and also solid defense. No more slow starts.

I could actually live with Duhon,Hughes, and Wilson being our starting backcourt and SF lineup.

look with a frontcourt as bad on defense as we may end up with next season it will be nice to have three better than average on the ball defenders on the
court.

I think in that lineup Harrington is best coming off the bench. I like him as a 6th man option too.

I dont know yall, I know we are far from a championship team, but, if this team gels, it could be a really good team.

This is the year when Dantoni earns his pay!

johnstarky

Rotation player
Let's say the Knicks get Sessions, the 2009 Knicks would have some similarities to the Knicks of the late 90's.But the talent of the late 90's Knicks destroys the talent of the '09 Knicks.

Sessions < Childs

Duhon < Starks

Douglas < Ward

Almond < Houston

Chandler, Gallinari < Sprewell

Hill, Lee,Harrington < Camby, Johnson,Thomas

Darko = Dudley

Curry< Ewing

D'antoni's offense < Van Gundy's defense

the portable man

Benchwarmer
i highly doubt hughes starts, as he shot 39% in 25 gms.....yikes.....with those same amount of touches and looks, galinari would easily average more and get to the line more, so realistically

duhon
galinari
chandler
harrington
lee

best lineup if there was better coaching staff:

nate
galinari(remember he might be slower than most sg's, but he's long, tactical, and can get to the line, like a white tracy mcgrady with a better shot)
chandler
lee
hill or darko(would add better size and overall post defense tandem with lee as harrington isnt a good rebounder for his position)

harrington would be 6th man gettin at least 28 mpg and a lot of touches when in game, would benefit knicks a lot more, he's great with iso's and almost unstoppable 1on1 in post

knicks would be a force with my 2nd lineup if they just ran the right plays and played harder D, and dantoni NEEDS to run even more plays for lee cuz out of all big men on this team he has the best layup adjustment capabilities, or better chance of makin a layup in traffic, really good switch-hand layups

gallo could be that SG if we dont find a pure shootin & defensive sg like rayray or raja, or he could just develop into an SG as season progresses, he's got the game, but in reality SG & SF positions dont differ on offense, so a PG, 2 SF's, & 2 PF's is just as deadly

lastly, i loved all the 3's last season, but until gallo starts or we get a pure shooter, they should be cut down

duhon especially, even tho he drained a lot of open 3's, took a lot of bad contested ones off poor screens and under pressure in close games

then u combine that with richardson's cold streaks, hughes' bricks, u get a poor endin to an OK season

gallo and harrington IMO are the best 3pt shooters on team, so they need to take most of em.......hughes should never shoot 1 unless hes WIIIIIDE open but even that makes me hold my breath

AlboKnickFan

Benchwarmer
1. Duhon/Douglas
2. Hughes/Nate/Crawford
3. Harrington/Gallinari/Chandler
4. Lee/HiLL
5. Milicic/Chris Hunter

And with this team I am telling you thatr we wont even be able to make 25 wins next season. Look at East Coast Teams they are becoming just like WEST was a few years ago.

Red

TYPE-A
I know you said "without any trades" but I think one is inevitible: Firstly from what I can tell about Dantoni he's stubborn with his line-ups. That said I can't believe no one included Jeffries on the roster. Second Sessions will probably be here which means: Duhon, N8 and/ Lee probably won't be here come Feb. Also they are very close to creating SOME value for Jeffries WHICH IS A PRIORITY. That said I project (bare with me- on my phone) Sessions/TD (pg) - Chandler/Hughes (sg) - Harrington/Gallo (sf) - Lee/Hill (pf) - Jeffries/Darko (c) with Curry, Almond, Sene or someone on reserve (for if/when Lee or more likely JJ is gone). If Lee doesn't sign (which I think he will) Jeffries or Harrington will start at PF like last year. Dantoni knows Harrington is his main shooter and will not replace him until someone better comes along (can u say Gallo?). He probably wishes he could have a combo of a Harrington and Lee (w/ more defense) in one player- so does every GM. But he doesn't thus creating a log jam by having to play both @ the same time. That's why he likes Gallo, took Hughes, and both rookies TD and Hill. Dantoni needs scorers who play D and he is going hard to find Someone (anyone) who can do this. Without N8's 17per, Harrington is guarenteed to start. All Dantoni wants is for Chandler or Gallo to step it up - then Harrington can come off the bench but IMO that's far fetched. Unfort'ly Harrington is his most consistent scorer. Everyone else needs help: Lee needs Duhon (p & r), Chandler/Gallo needs improvement and N8 needs to learn how to facilitate the off. and calm down. Lee can reb but can't score, Harry can score can't reb- both can't play D. What a clusterf*ck!!!!

Gman56

Rookie
I would have to say i like some of the things im seein on here

that said i believe sessions is comin to ny so he needs to be included i would have to go with this lineup

PG:Sessions/Douglas (duhon will be gone before the deadline)
SG:Chandler/Hughes/Crawford
SF:Gallo/Harrington
PF:Lee/Hill
C: Milicic/Curry(he could take over if he shows he can handle it)

:gony:

bboycustom92

Benchwarmer
nate and lee aren't gunna be knicks next season, i can almost gaurentee it

1. Duhon
2. Chandler
3. Gallo
4. Harrington
5. Milicic/ Curry whoever is better in camp

1. Hughes
2. Hill
3. Douglas
4. Milicic/ Curry whoever isn't starting
5. Jeffries

we're not winning more then 30 games this year...

LeFlume

All Star
I see a lot of different starting five for us this season. We have a young team and it will take some time for D'Antoni to find his starters. Maybe sometime after the Super Bowl we will see a starting five that we actually can call "starters"

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
If Galinari is health and playing at 100% he starts, my guess is at SF. Got to protect the golden boy from getting banged up in the paint. Since Gallo can hit threes, he can be more useful at the three. Chandler will also start over Hughes. Curry, I don't know. I don't know if we will even have Lee next season.

Let's assume Lee takes off for a real team that is willing to pay him. DanO will likely start Darko over Curry.

Duhon
Chandler
Gallinari
Harrington
Darko (or Lee if he's still here)

The problem with this line up is the same problem with every Knicks line up for the last seven years. NO DEFENSE. Best defender in this line up is Chandler. Gallo is a mystery and in my opinion should not even start. But DanO will force feed him the ball just to prove he's not a bust. Darko will get a block every three games. You guys may really like Chandler and Gallo but this line up is no better then anything Thomas cooked up. Three guys will shoot, shoot and shoot some more. No one will play D.

Walsh needs to make a run at Camby. One more defender can make a world of difference.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
I see a lot of different starting five for us this season. We have a young team and it will take some time for D'Antoni to find his starters. Maybe sometime after the Super Bowl we will see a starting five that we actually can call "starters"

If no moves are made by that time (FEB/2010), I predict this line-up:

Starters-

PG- sessions (soon to be KNICK)
SG- Chandler
SF- Gallo
PF- Harrington
C- Hill

Bench-

Lee
Douglas
Hughes
Duhon
Nate
Jeffries
Curry

Our starters alone will be able to average 80-85 PPG!!!