2009/10 Rookie Rankings so far by nba.com

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
It makes me cringe when I see Lawson on there.

Sessions' success is the only thing that'll stop me from garnering a new hemorrhoid if Hill really is a muppet.

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
It makes me cringe when I see Lawson on there.

Sessions' success is the only thing that'll stop me from garnering a new hemorrhoid if Hill really is a muppet.

Although Lawson put up 16.6 ppg, his 3.6apg and 0.6spg makes you wonder. He was supessed to be one of the most pure PG in the draft along side with Flynn, Jennings and Rubio(who did not played). Now Flynn and Jennings were second and third in assists and Douglass was forth.

I know T Douglass can score but he was not supossed to be as good as floor general and his 7.0apg and 2.0spg was a good sign.

mafra

Legend
Austin Daye is the key here. Walsh liked him. They had Hill rated ahead of Daye though, and went with Hill when their pick arrived. Daye ate up Hill in the SL (even head-2-head).... Let's just hope that's not a sign of things to come.

As for Lawson (or PG option).... It appears Rodrigue Beaubois might just be better than Lawson, and might even be better than Flynn & BJ.

Last year, I understood why the reached for Gallo, and took him over Gordon & Lopez. I'm having a hard time understanding why they reached for Hill? It's almost like they couldnt decide between Lawson, BJ, Henderson, Clark, Williams..... so they took the easy way out- draft the only available big man.

Did they even try to trade back a few spots and take Daye?

BUT, since they went with size.... It's really coming down to Hill vs Daye. Those were the only 2 PF/C options that were worthy, right?

iSaYughh

Starter
I agree w/ Mafra's analysis a lot. I don't kill Walsh for going with Hill....we had a relatively shitty draft spot, and the teams before us fckd with our board. I'm hopeful for him, but the situation just blows, and seeing guys like Jennings, Lawson, Evans, even Daye....produce and titilate is tough to stomache.

I am pissed at us not figuring out a way to end up with Blair, tho...

New New York

Quiet Storm
These rankings are fun, but mean nothing! During Frye's rookie season he was ranked a better rookie than Chris Paul.

Thabeet nor Curry cracked the top ten either. Look D. Nichols and Morris Almond were once top ten Summer League rookies and neither has played more than 20 games, or even 20 mins in the league.

I think outside of Blake Griffen, no player really showed what they are really all about during this summer league.

mafra

Legend
I agree w/ Mafra's analysis a lot. I don't kill Walsh for going with Hill....we had a relatively shitty draft spot, and the teams before us fckd with our board. I'm hopeful for him, but the situation just blows, and seeing guys like Jennings, Lawson, Evans, even Daye....produce and titilate is tough to stomache.

I am pissed at us not figuring out a way to end up with Blair, tho...

I thought for sure we were going to take Blair. He's like another Mason.... I think the injury risk was to great.... We'll see how it turns out. I'm glad he's in SA.... A great spot for him.

I do like Douglas though. Saw him a lot in college. He's very good.

I forgot about D-Cunningham. Nice 2nd round grab!

TunerAddict

Starter
NBA.com and ESPN really like to suck off Blake Griffin.

Kid is soooooooooooooo overrated. Just wait until hes playing people just as strong as he is in the NBA. Summerleague isn't shit.