Is there anyway to trade Curry?

tiger0330

Legend
I think you will eat up those words.....he was involved in a lot of drama last season and wants to come back more than ever and he lost 30 pounds this offseason. A healthy and in shape Curry can be a dominant offensive weapon in the post.

Even if he has a pretty good year he'll be hard trade because every GM is going to have it in the back of his mind that he'll fall off the wagon for that next bucket of fried chicken. He also can never live down the reality that he can't rebound even though he plays 8 ft from the basket. The Knicks are stuck with him until he becomes an expiring contract.

tiger0330

Legend
I would rather keep Eddy Curry and trade Donnie Walsh, Dantoni, and Gallo to the Nets for G.M. Kiki Vandeweigh, the Nets assistant coach, and Brook Lopez or Terrence Williams.
To have a 50-50 chance at being a 7th or 8th slot playoff team next season...

Agree Houston has no interest, since they signed David Anderson as a center. Also, Chuck Hayes while not a traditional center at 6'6" has had success at the position.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Trading Curry

If we trade Curry, I do not believe it will happen until close to the trade deadline. He has to play some, hopefully in the form of a conditioned body, in order to move him without giving up a valuable player.

It seems pretty clear that Walsh is not counting on trading Curry. If he were, I would expect him to be somewhat more aggressive in courting Sessions or in keeping Lee or Nate.

By the way, Mobley's insured contract will diminish in value as the season progresses. The sooner we use it, the better.

Another aside, I wonder if the spin-off of the Knicks, Rangers and MSG from Cablevision will require the Knicks to be more fiscally responsible. Cablevision is a cash cow. Are we going to be more limited in "buying" things?

i agree with lefume, curry is untradable,unless they package with someone enticing (nate or lee) Jared Jeffries(why is he in the NBA?) won't be enough.

dave2138

Rotation player
I would rather keep Eddy Curry and trade Donnie Walsh, Dantoni, and Gallo to the Nets for G.M. Kiki Vandeweigh, the Nets assistant coach, and Brook Lopez or Terrence Williams.
To have a 50-50 chance at being a 7th or 8th slot playoff team next season...

That is some pretty high goals you set for this team..

Having as much money available for 2010 off season > 50/50 chance at 7th or 8th seed in the playoffs next year.

So far you have to like what Walsh has done. Teams/FA can't take advantage of the Knicks like they did before because for once this team does not care about winning now. Most of you don't understand that Walsh's only goals this year were to get Nate Robinson/Lee to the most reasonable contracts as possible and to find ways to get rid of Curry/Jefferies. So far he is doing an excellent job at getting the first goal done. I don't think there is another GM I'd rather have at attempting to trade Curry/Jefferies..if he can't do it, then I don't think any other GM can.

If you really wanted the Knicks to be 7th/8th seed next year then propose a trade of Larry Hughes -> Zach Randolph...

Question for everyone....would you trade Nate, Lee and Curry for expiring deals? Not sure if that is possible or what team it would be, just wondering how the fans feel....