Knicks "Win rights to J Williams"

richtree

Rotation player
his family and friends live around by some of my friends, and it seems like he is doing more "hanging out" than working out.

I would rather give Bender a shot than him.

Ewing

Benchwarmer
The Bucks have signed Warrick for 3M, so they will probably "give up" on Sessions, I think if Wlash gives him the MLE, they won't match.
If we get him, there is no point of signing Williams, only if we trade Duhon.

TunerAddict

Starter
We're just trying to put on a show. I wouldn't mind having him come in and play 15 minutes a game for one year, throwing behind the back passes and shit.

hey the last time the guy played significant basketball He was the point guard on a championship team coached by pat riley.

Im not saying we need him, but hes well beyond the days of behind the back passes, and more on the notch of veteran pg, might help having him on board to coach sessions if we sign him. The guy controlled the tempo and the rock with the likes of antione walker, dwade, mourning, shaq, and payton, so you cant say he was a bad pg to balance those egos.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
No thanks. I would rather sign Sun Yue from China who got released from the Lakers today. He can shoot it really well. Played pretty good in the Olympics too.

Blumatic

Rotation player
I think Williams coming in is a part of a plan for Donnie to clear space. If Donnie wants Williams and still wants Session, we will have about 5 point guards (if you include Nate). Duhon and one year left, Williams may be hear for one, and Nate maybe here for one. Donnie has something cookin but I cant really tell. I just dont expect all 5 pgs to be here when the season starts.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
I just seen the news this evening and I figured you guys would'nt like the move signing Jwill.I always wanted to see Jwill play for my Knicks b/c he is a West Virginian like myself.I followed his whole career and even got to watch him in high school.He was at a mall about a month or so ago signing autograghs for kids and fans and he said he was wanting to come back and play for two years then maybe retire.

He would be great in the fastbreak offense that the Knicks run now.I say sign him and without a doubt he will help this team win and help our future point guards get better.:peace::beer:

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Not sure of Williams work ethic. In his day he was great to watch and would have been perfect for DanO's style. This wouldn't be a bad signing to have Williams back up Duhon or vise versa. This could also open the door for signing Iverson to a one year deal. Gives us more ball movement and scoring power paying Iverson off the ball.

Duhon/Williams
Iverson/Hughes
Chandler/Hill
Harrington/Gallinari
Lee/Darko/Curry

Signing Iverson is key. This makes us an instant playoff contender and more suitable to sign a star in 2010.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Not sure of Williams work ethic. In his day he was great to watch and would have been perfect for DanO's style. This wouldn't be a bad signing to have Williams back up Duhon or vise versa. This could also open the door for signing Iverson to a one year deal. Gives us more ball movement and scoring power paying Iverson off the ball.

Duhon/Williams
Iverson/Hughes
Chandler/Hill
Harrington/Gallinari
Lee/Darko/Curry

Signing Iverson is key. This makes us an instant playoff contender and more suitable to sign a star in 2010.

Sounds good to me.Hopefully if we do get the line-up we could have Nate in there also.Is that possible?

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Sounds good to me.Hopefully if we do get the line-up we could have Nate in there also.Is that possible?

I totally forgot about Nate. Maybe Hughes gets buried on the bench or maybe there's another trade brewing, but you're right. If this trade went down today someone would be short of minutes. I doubt it would be Nate.

Paul1355

All Star
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4369594

So I guess we can now make him an offer. I hope it is a non gauranteed type contract just to have him come to camp and tryout, per the article this doesnt have any effect on us going after Sessions, so I'm all for it!

He sounds like another Brett Favre
.....he didnt play last year because he wanted to be with his family....thats nice but that shows disloyalty to your team that you signed a contract with.

Now he wants to come back for two or three more years???

You can't trust a player that isn't 100% into wanting to play again.

Jason Williams' words on coming back to the NBA : "if it doesn't happen, trust me, I won't lose any sleep."

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
This is great news. With Douglas and Bibby's struggles he'd be the perfect fit off the bench. Bibby and Williams would also be teammates the first time which would be neat because of their Sacramento connection.

metrocard

Legend
This is great news. With Douglas and Bibby's struggles he'd be the perfect fit off the bench. Bibby and Williams would also be teammates the first time which would be neat because of their Sacramento connection.

cheech__chong_4.jpg