Why Donnie did you not make these two trades?

Bernard_King

Benchwarmer
1] Last year at the dead line, we could have traded away Nate Robinson & Jared Jeffries for Kenny Thomas.

End Result: Donnie does do not want Nate Robinson on the team & we could have lost Jeffries contract for the 2010 season. What where you thinking Mr Walsh?

2] We had the chance to get the 5th pick in the draft for Larry Hughes & Wilson Chandler. Yet you turned the Wizards down and they trade the 5th pick to the Minnesota T-Wolves. Who drafted the PG you desired in Ricky Rubio.

End Result: We had the chance to grab two young player's, to fit D'antoni fast break system. Next year we have no 1st round pick, this might have been a major mistake. Sad thing is we still have no real point guard on the roster besides Duhon still.

Your thoughts on Donnie Walsh and these two trade offer's?

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I'm not one that supports unloading the entire Knicks roster. Robinson is flaky but he can carry the team in the third and sometimes fourth quarter. His energy off of the bench is unmatched so I can understand Walsh not trading him. Sames goes for Chandler. I don't think Walsh should give DanO free reign. The shoot, shoot, run and shoot offense hasn't and IMO wont win championships. But if Walsh can stay on top of Mikey boy and be sure to have give him a few defenders it can all come together. Personally I think that is far fetched. It's way too early to say now, but once DAntoni has the 'right' players, the pressure is on for him to make the Knicks a contender. Most coaches have two or three seasons of getting a team deep in the playoffs before they are replaced. Again, way too early to say now, but I predict eventually the shoot, shoot style will wear thin to Walsh and he like Kerr will look to improve the team defensively.

Don't blame him. He doesn't know what was gonna go on through the duration of the draft if he knew that Rubio would've fallen that hard then I think he would've done that deal obviously. But in my opinion I don't see why we should trade Chandler, he is going to be an all-star at least once in his career in my opinion. His game is like Richard Jefferson's in my eyes.

Bernard_King

Benchwarmer
All I know is we could have lost Jeffries contract, for the price of a player that has no role on this current team. [Nate robinson] Plus I do blame Walsh, that's his job to know how the draft going to fall. Plus we could have drafted Curry at #5 or Flynn at that position.

It's not hard to tell that this team needs a point guard and Douglas is more of a combo guard then a true point guard. This team is in trouble, the sad thing if we want to win now? Why not bring AI in for a one year deal? He could put up great numbers in a D'Antoni run & gun offense.

Kiyaman

Legend
Nate & Chandler have 8 great NBA seasons ahead of them, both are 30 mpg NBA players with a winning attitude. Only one draft pick could match up to them (Blake Griffin). Rubio is a 2 to 4 year project like Nash was when he came to the NBA. And Kenny Thomas would have made u want Jefferies back.

There is no such thing as a Dantoni Player.
How long did Dantoni last in Phoenix? do u think he will last that long in New York without defense?
LOL!

Donnie Walsh "Lackadaisical" 2nd offseason will not get an extension to his contract in the 2010-11 season.
The Knicks lost big money in profit last season, where they are open to sell "shares" of stock to the public now.

Dirk

Benchwarmer
All I know is we could have lost Jeffries contract, for the price of a player that has no role on this current team. [Nate robinson

How can you say that??? Nate was in the running for sixth man of the year last year! He was about the only one on the ENTIRE roster that brought any kind of positive vibe and NY pride nationally by winning the slam dunk contest 2 years in a row. What land are you living in?

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Nate & Chandler have 8 great NBA seasons ahead of them, both are 30 mpg NBA players with a winning attitude. Only one draft pick could match up to them (Blake Griffin). Rubio is a 2 to 4 year project like Nash was when he came to the NBA. And Kenny Thomas would have made u want Jefferies back.

There is no such thing as a Dantoni Player.
How long did Dantoni last in Phoenix? do u think he will last that long in New York without defense?
LOL!

Donnie Walsh "Lackadaisical" 2nd offseason will not get an extension to his contract in the 2010-11 season.
The Knicks lost big money in profit last season, where they are open to sell "shares" of stock to the public now.

I agree 100%. It seems like a negative statement but at some point DanO will have to have some kind of focus on improving the team defensively. If that doesn't happen his relationship with Walsh will be tested. This whole thing could be two or three seasons away from blowing up. Scary thought isn't it.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Yeah I easily would've pulled the trigger on the first trade. I like Nate but if he was the only price to pay for getting rid of Jeffries' contract, then I would've done it in a heartbeat. Damn Isiah Thomas and his garbage...

Paul1355

All Star
Can't blame Donnie

1] Last year at the dead line, we could have traded away Nate Robinson & Jared Jeffries for Kenny Thomas.

End Result: Donnie does do not want Nate Robinson on the team & we could have lost Jeffries contract for the 2010 season. What where you thinking Mr Walsh?

2] We had the chance to get the 5th pick in the draft for Larry Hughes & Wilson Chandler. Yet you turned the Wizards down and they trade the 5th pick to the Minnesota T-Wolves. Who drafted the PG you desired in Ricky Rubio.

End Result: We had the chance to grab two young player's, to fit D'antoni fast break system. Next year we have no 1st round pick, this might have been a major mistake. Sad thing is we still have no real point guard on the roster besides Duhon still.

Your thoughts on Donnie Walsh and these two trade offer's?

You have to remember the situations back then.....

1) Everyone thought that Nate was a phenom and could easily be a starting PG with some more playing time....this is still true but he is more inconsistent than everyone expected.

2) Wilson Chandler was the biggest hyped Knick last year and everyone thought he'd be a star in the making....why would you trade one of your few bright spots?.....plus Larry Hughes sucked only his first 3 games then showed to be a decent SG who could play defense, which we haven't seen for years with Jamal Crawford playing SG. ANd he came back after not playing for a month and still played good.....
We got Larry Hughes because his contract ends after this year.

You blame Donnie for not making these moves but Nate and Chandler were our most popular players at that time and everyone thought they'd break out and play amazing......both are very good but inconsistent.

Hughes should be a lock to stay here untill his contract runs out.

I see what your saying about unloading Jared Jeffries contract because him and Eddy Curry are the last of Isiah's bad contracts that he plagued us with.....but we can't keep trading for peanuts...we need players to want to come to NY for more than the city.