Team sources there is "no interest whatsoever" in Iverson

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
According to the NY Post Multiple team sources said there is "no interest whatsoever" in free agent Allen Iverson.

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We can gamble for one season in Darko but not Iverson?

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
This is downright stupid and annoying. A former MVP, tough and hard working player, and people make him out like he's gonna destroy a team.The Clippers and and Grizzlies haven't done shit and they should have cared more. The Knicks really should make an offer.

JayJ44

Starter
Getting Iverson would of been idiotic. He would take shots away from our young players, and ruin team chemistry. Why waste the MLE on him, when we could use it on Ramon Sessions.

How is Darko a gamble? We gave up Q-Rich for him. Worst case scenario he sucks and doesn't play. Worst case scenario with AI: he hogs the ball, slows the development of Chandler and Gallo, he ruins team chemistry, and we blow an opportunity to pick up a young, pass first PG with potential in Sessions.

CoolClyde

Getting Iverson would of been idiotic. He would take shots away from our young players, and ruin team chemistry. Why waste the MLE on him, when we could use it on Ramon Sessions.

How is Darko a gamble? We gave up Q-Rich for him. Worst case scenario he sucks and doesn't play. Worst case scenario with AI: he hogs the ball, slows the development of Chandler and Gallo, he ruins team chemistry, and we blow an opportunity to pick up a young, pass first PG with potential in Sessions

:agreed:
well put. Sessions should be #1 priority, a young guard to be part of the team for years to come. It's time to stop looking at 30-somethings for 1-year flings, and start building a core of players. Sessions will fit right in with Chandler, Gallo, Hill, Douglas and hopefully Lee and N8 (and Darko). Iverson would be the 2nd coming of Me-bury, no way he's a team player. AI pretty much led to the downfall of Detroit; what a sh*t trade they made losing Billups!

NO AI - YES SESSIONS

NYK 33 TaVe

Benchwarmer
Do the knicks wants every top cancer known to the NBA?

Stephon Marbury
Steve Francis
now iverson?

PLease no. SESSIONS IS THE MAN FOR THE JOB

johnstarky

Rotation player
Iverson's best days are behind him and even though he would help the Knicks with his scoring ability, he is a veteran that is on the decline.Like another poster mentioned earlier, the Knicks don't need to throw any of their money at a guy that is thirty something years old when they're trying to rebuild.This would of been a move that Isiah Thomas would of made.Let AI go to another team and let us focus on Sessions.

Paul1355

All Star
According to the NY Post Multiple team sources said there is "no interest whatsoever" in free agent Allen Iverson.

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We can gamble for one season in Darko but not Iverson?

High risk and high reward.............I'm all for Iverson coming to the big apple........we are a bad team and Iverson would be amazing in this system and with this team. Iverson plays better with bad teams....they can dish him the ball as much as he wants and their is no problem.

ALL YOU KNICK FANS KNOW THAT THERE WERE PLENTY OF GAMES WERE NO ONE SHOT THE BALL BUT Q RICH....IMAGINE IF IVERSON WAS THE ONE TAKING OVER THE GAME INSTEAD OF A BUNCH OF BUMS.

Problem is that Iverson is not team oriented and Mike D is crazy when it comes to that....there would be a couple arguments in one year between those two....

The reward would be our first all star caliber leader since Allan Houston and a guy that wants to restore his name on the basketball court....(reminds me too much of the Stephon Marbury situation with the Knicks) let's hope not....

Signing Iverson to a one year deal is a risk and the team will have to understand that Iverson is the best scorer and needs the ball......I personally feel that he would be great with the Knicks even for one year....but him being signed here is unlikely unless you here Mike D or Donnie give any hint.

Toons

is the Bo$$
been followin AI on twitter....

If you think that I am just going away-Think again! I am getting ready for the NBA season. Waiting for the call. Charlotte, Miami, NY.5:04 AM Aug 18th from web

Getting in shape, running, lifting and thinking about which team that I will help compete for a championship! Whoever gets me will be happy5:09 AM Aug 18th from web

If you think that I am just going away-Think again! I am getting ready for the NBA season. Waiting for the call. Charlotte, Miami, NY.5:04 AM Aug 18th from web

best that I can be. One doesn't plan to fail, they fail to plan. I am planning for my comeback. Plan to hear from me daily on Twitter.com5:18 AM Aug 18th from we

My people just informed me that we are getting close to a deal. I asked them to call me the when its done. I am so ready to know!about 4 hours ago from web

I have been blessed to make plenty of money in this league. Now it's not about the money, its about playing me getting back on the court &

jpz17

Starter

How is Darko a gamble? We gave up Q-Rich for him. Worst case scenario he sucks and doesn't play. Worst case scenario with AI: he hogs the ball, slows the development of Chandler and Gallo, he ruins team chemistry, and we blow an opportunity to pick up a young, pass first PG with potential in Sessions.

haha what an idiot. Jay. AI is a former MVP and he will score 21ppg for us right now. We don't have anyone on the team that is a scoring threat that is any good (Al Harrington sucks. Nate Robinson is a piece of crap).

well put. Sessions should be #1 priority, a young guard to be part of the team for years to come. It's time to stop looking at 30-somethings for 1-year flings, and start building a core of players. Sessions will fit right in with Chandler, Gallo, Hill, Douglas and hopefully Lee and N8 (and Darko). Iverson would be the 2nd coming of Me-bury, no way he's a team player. AI pretty much led to the downfall of Detroit; what a sh*t trade they made losing Billups!

NO AI - YES SESSIONS

Sessions is crap. Sign AI and get that crap off payroll

duhon > AI

right.... Lifetime bench player >>>> Former MVP, threat to score 22

How is practice going to make me any better?

Shut up

Do the knicks wants every top cancer known to the NBA?

Stephon Marbury
Steve Francis
now iverson?

PLease no. SESSIONS IS THE MAN FOR THE JOB

I did know Steve Francis was a cancer? and Marbury is no cancer for sure

Iverson's best days are behind him and even though he would help the Knicks with his scoring ability, he is a veteran that is on the decline.Like another poster mentioned earlier, the Knicks don't need to throw any of their money at a guy that is thirty something years old when they're trying to rebuild.This would of been a move that Isiah Thomas would of made.Let AI go to another team and let us focus on Sessions.

He can still score 21 ppg idiot

High risk and high reward.............I'm all for Iverson coming to the big apple........we are a bad team and Iverson would be amazing in this system and with this team. Iverson plays better with bad teams....they can dish him the ball as much as he wants and their is no problem.

ALL YOU KNICK FANS KNOW THAT THERE WERE PLENTY OF GAMES WERE NO ONE SHOT THE BALL BUT Q RICH....IMAGINE IF IVERSON WAS THE ONE TAKING OVER THE GAME INSTEAD OF A BUNCH OF BUMS.

Problem is that Iverson is not team oriented and Mike D is crazy when it comes to that....there would be a couple arguments in one year between those two....

The reward would be our first all star caliber leader since Allan Houston and a guy that wants to restore his name on the basketball court....(reminds me too much of the Stephon Marbury situation with the Knicks) let's hope not....

Signing Iverson to a one year deal is a risk and the team will have to understand that Iverson is the best scorer and needs the ball......I personally feel that he would be great with the Knicks even for one year....but him being signed here is unlikely unless you here Mike D or Donnie give any hint.

Yeah thats pretty much all right.

been followin AI on twitter....

Getting in shape, running, lifting and thinking about which team that I will help compete for a championship! Whoever gets me will be happy5:09 AM Aug 18th from web

best that I can be. One doesn't plan to fail, they fail to plan. I am planning for my comeback. Plan to hear from me daily on Twitter.com5:18 AM Aug 18th from we

My people just informed me that we are getting close to a deal. I asked them to call me the when its done. I am so ready to know!about 4 hours ago from web

I have been blessed to make plenty of money in this league. Now it's not about the money, its about playing me getting back on the court &

what does that have to do with this :)

agreed

This is downright stupid and annoying. A former MVP, tough and hard working player, and people make him out like he's gonna destroy a team.The Clippers and and Grizzlies haven't done shit and they should have cared more. The Knicks really should make an offer.

Theres my opinion on all yours posts. If you think AI is bad your bad:thumbsup:

Toons

is the Bo$$
its an update genius. its the first time AI publicly mentions NYC as one of his options. and it also says he's not all about the money....vets minimum...it also says he's lifting and getting stronger in the gym. IMO, all of that is relevant information to knick fans.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I also like that he's still watching videos to make himself better.I really think he would be one huge pickup.It would be a bigger steal than Iverson's ability to steal.

johnstarky

Rotation player
He can still score 21 ppg idiot

First of all, what's with the name calling? I don't usually argue with strangers on a forum but are you still in Junior High School or did your family forget to teach you how to respect other people?

Second of all, if Allen Iverson is such a great player at this point of his career why didn't the Nuggets keep him? Why aren't the Pistons willing to bring him back? Do you actually believe that the Knicks are going to have so much trouble scoring points under Mike D'antoni's system that they will desperately need to add a player so that he can average more than 20 points a game for them? If you paid close attention to the Knicks last season they were 4th in the league in scoring, averaging more than 105 points per game.Only the Lakers, Warriors and Suns were ahead of the Knicks in scoring.I don't expect that number to dramatically increase or decrease for the Knicks next season.

If you really want Allen Iverson on the Knicks so that he can sell a lot of Knick Jerseys at the NBA store or you just want him on the Knicks to watch him make ESPN Sports Center's top 10 plays then I don't know what else to tell you.

jpz17

Starter
First of all, what's with the name calling? I don't usually argue with strangers on a forum but are you still in Junior High School or did your family forget to teach you how to respect other people?

Second of all, if Allen Iverson is such a great player at this point of his career why didn't the Nuggets keep him? Why aren't the Pistons willing to bring him back? Do you actually believe that the Knicks are going to have so much trouble scoring points under Mike D'antoni's system that they will desperately need to add a player so that he can average more than 20 points a game for them? If you paid close attention to the Knicks last season they were 4th in the league in scoring, averaging more than 105 points per game.Only the Lakers, Warriors and Suns were ahead of the Knicks in scoring.I don't expect that number to dramatically increase or decrease for the Knicks next season.

If you really want Allen Iverson on the Knicks so that he can sell a lot of Knick Jerseys at the NBA store or you just want him on the Knicks to watch him make ESPN Sports Center's top 10 plays then I don't know what else to tell you.

thank you for expressing your opinion. now I will express mine. Your wasting your time. AI will only do good to the team I think. If you respond to this, your wasting your time:cool:

johnstarky

Rotation player
thank you for expressing your opinion. now I will express mine. Your wasting your time. AI will only do good to the team I think. If you respond to this, your wasting your time:cool:

Besides receiving endorsement deals, signing autographs for fan boys, and padding his stats what good do you see Iverson bringing to the Knicks in the future?

This is a public forum in which people debate topics, I don't think that anybody is wasting valuable minutes of their life discussing issues.

Last edited:

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
If Iverson takes up the role as more of a point guard, then it would help greatly.Despite what people said about him being a ballhog, he has exceptional vision.If he uses his ability to break down defense and his amazing passing ability, then yes, it would help.And think about it, his ppg last season dropped quite a bit last season, but not because of his actual ability to score anymore.Iverson's not asking for a lot, it wouldn't be interfering with 2010 or whatever money wise, he's still studying the game, he's not coming off as somebody who's gonna ruin chemistry.He's also clutch.

tiger0330

Legend
its an update genius. its the first time AI publicly mentions NYC as one of his options. and it also says he's not all about the money....vets minimum...it also says he's lifting and getting stronger in the gym. IMO, all of that is relevant information to knick fans.

Gotta be a category in Ripley's Believe it or Not if AI signs for the vets minimum. If he's willing the Knicks should sign him to a 3 year deal at 1.3M.