Team sources there is "no interest whatsoever" in Iverson

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
You do realize AI is in the exact same position? Not one team as offered AI a contract yet, and he's unrestricted, making it much easier to sign him rather than Nate.

This is my final argument in favor of Nate>AI:

@1:18 Nate drains the game winner over AI. :afro:
Also note who Iverson scores all his clutch points on in this video.

Kryptonot much of a defender.

Also note who Iverson scores all his clutch points on in this video.

Kryptonot much of a defender.

haha nate hit a game winning shot, I wonder how many iverson has hit.... hmmm
and aging star, dude still posts like 40 mins a game and was a top 5 scorer a lil over a year ago.
I want him taking shots, he is twice as good as any player the knicks have right now
are we really that stupid to say we have better players on our roster than allen iverson.
Nate doesnt defend, He makes stupid turn overs, hes a head case, hes a chemistry killer himself in that when he is on the floor he doesnt make his team mates better he makes himself better. Ask larry brown if iverson makes his team mates better. Trying to replace Billups is probably as hard of a thing to do as any trade in the NBA, so I dont blame iverson for struggling last year coming off the bench, starting, then off the bench, then not playing, That was not his fault that was The nuggets being smart realizing him and melo need to be on different teams, and iverson going to a team where CURRY SUCKED AS A COACH..

I really really cant believe there is even one person on here who doesnt believe IVerson would make us a winning basketball team instantly, he would I repeat be by far the best player we have had on the knicks since ewing was traded.

If you can name one player who was better go for it.
but your talking about the top 3 scorer in NBA history who was at his avg a season ago, and is probably chomping at the bits to get back to status.
I am not saying he is an MVP but if he came here for 5 mil for a season and we would have bird rights to keep him around for 2010, you wouldnt want your best player to come for 5 million dollars.

STOPPPP THE NONSENSE.

dave2138

Rotation player
Stop comparing Iverson to Nate for the 2009/2010 season. Next season does not matter who is more productive. The only thing that matters is who is more valuable to keep from 2010+..26 year old Robinson or 35 year old Iverson? Its clear Iverson has already began his decline..How many good-great years do you think he has left?

If the Knicks were looking to contend next year, then I would support it, but I don't find it any beneficial to the team to make a signing only to give Utah a slightly worse 2010 draft pick.

jpz17

Starter
Stop comparing Iverson to Nate for the 2009/2010 season. Next season does not matter who is more productive. The only thing that matters is who is more valuable to keep from 2010+..26 year old Robinson or 35 year old Iverson? Its clear Iverson has already began his decline..How many good-great years do you think he has left?

If the Knicks were looking to contend next year, then I would support it, but I don't find it any beneficial to the team to make a signing only to give Utah a slightly worse 2010 draft pick.

if we don't win this year not one FA will sign with us guaranteed.

dave2138

Rotation player
if we don't win this year not one FA will sign with us guaranteed.

The issue is whether or not Iverson will make a difference in getting one of the FA to sign here. A 35 year old past prime, declining Iverson does not do that. So what if he helps the team win a few more games in 2009, he is not a better option from 2010+ than a 26 year old Nate Robinson.

Regardless, the team's 2009/2010 record will have little effect on Lebron/Wade's decision to sign here. The Knicks have more individual talent anyway than the Cavs/Heat looking at 2010+, the focus for this season is the development of those players that will be here beyond this season. Gallinari, Chandler, Hill and maybe Lee + 1 of Sessions/Nate.