"Knicks not to get Sessions after all"

New New York

Quiet Storm
Who wants to bet that this actually happens!

Look I really like Donnie Walsh, but he is being a little too slow with this one. Man this is not like David Lee and Nate Robinson where Donnie is in control. Now the reports are that the Clippers are the only other team interested, but all that needs to happen is a team's starting PG to down and we are screwed.

Look Walsh's patience worked out for trading Zach and Jamal

It worked in getting us Dantoni, had Walsh acted immediatley we would have ended up with Mark Jackson as coach, he waited and was able to get Dantoni.....Which brings up a good point about Walsh.... when he wants something he acts fast on it!

Mike Dantoni was not on the market for a two weeks before Walsh interviewed him and he signed him less than a week after the interview. He just is not showing the same sort of urgency w/ Sessions

I said it before, I think Dantoni is much higher on him than Walsh is. Walsh actually went after a way past his prime Grant Hill with more urgency than he is a young, athletic, proven starter PG with a nice upside to him.

I have felt all along Walsh like Jordan Hill more than Dantoni and we drafted Hill, so I think you owe Mike one Donnie!

I cant imagine what the hang up is in terms of money if we were really going to pay Grant Hill 11 million for 2 seasons.

Sorry Donnie no one wants just a one year deal! That sort of contract means you are one injury away from blowing millions! Sign him to a four year deal, w/ a team option the 3rd year.

Yes extending his contract into the 2010 seasons hurts our cap plan, but, aside from TJ Ford, there just is not that great a PG flock in 2010, so Sessions could be better than any PG we end up with after the 2010 FA passes. I mean every team needs a good PG, but in Dantoni's system it is even more vital.

Yes getting Session puts more emphasis on moving Curry and/or Jefferies, but we have to take a chance on this one.Missing out on Sessions could leave us w/ Duhon as the PG of our immediate future.

Speaking of which....look how good Dantoni's system made Duhon, a 3rd string PG! Imagine a bonafied starting PG, getting him at the MLE could be a major steal.

Go to a Bucks fan site, they are livid about the notion of losing Sessions even with having Jennings! The fans know this kid's game. I know very, very little about Sessions so I cant say "We need him", but a 3 to 1 ast to T.O. ratio and 6 ast a game in 79 games (49 as a starter) speaks for itself!

<TABLE class=playerInfoGridPlayerInfoBorders cellSpacing=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>Ramon Sessions

</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD class=gSGSectionTitleStatsPlayerGrid vAlign=top align=middle colSpan=2>2008-09 Statistics</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD class=gSGRowEven>PPG</TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>12.4 </TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD class=gSGRowOdd>RPG</TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd>3.4 </TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD class=gSGRowEven>APG</TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>5.7</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD class=gSGRowOdd>SPG</TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd>1.0</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD class=gSGRowEven>BPG</TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>0.1

</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD class=gSGRowOdd>FG%</TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd>0.445</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD class=gSGRowEven>FT%</TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>0.794</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD class=gSGRowOdd>3P%</TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd>0.176</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD class=gSGRowEven>MPG</TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>26.5</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- Copyright IBM Corporation, 2001-2005 --><SCRIPT language=JavaScript1.1>var SA_ID="nbapix;nba";</SCRIPT><SCRIPT language=JavaScript1.1 src="//stats.surfaid.ihost.com/sacdcv3_nbapix_nba.js" type=text/JavaScript></SCRIPT><NOSCRIPT></NOSCRIPT>

<TABLE class=playerInfoGridPlayerInfoBorders cellSpacing=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>Chris Duhon

</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD class=gSGSectionTitleStatsPlayerGrid vAlign=top align=middle colSpan=2>2008-09 Statistics</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD class=gSGRowEven>PPG</TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>11.1</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD class=gSGRowOdd>RPG</TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd>3.1 </TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD class=gSGRowEven>APG</TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>7.2</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD class=gSGRowOdd>SPG</TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd>0.9</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD class=gSGRowEven>BPG</TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>0.1</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD class=gSGRowOdd>FG%</TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd>0.421</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD class=gSGRowEven>FT%</TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>0.856</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD class=gSGRowOdd>3P%</TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd>0.391</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD class=gSGRowEven>MPG</TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>36.8</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

The numbers don't lie this is an upgrade! Both players played 79 games in 2008/2009. Duhon scored less, got less steals, turned the ball over more and only 1.5 ast more in nearly 10 more mins and starting 30 more games. Now inject Sessions into Dantoni's offense and give Sessions Duhon's mins and starts and you get.

17.1 pts
4.6 rebs
7.9 ast
2.7 T.O's
1.38 steals per

Not bad for a 23 year old MLE money player! Which is actually better numbers than my man TJ Ford put up with Indy this year!

Look Donnie unlike Kidd and Hill, he actually wants to be a Knick! Now the ball is in your court to deliver.

Having said all of this.....I bet we do not get him after all!

nyk_nyk

All Star
I agree, getting him for the MLE could be a major steal and therefore Walsh needs to get this done asap. Every day its the same old story about a contract possibly being offered later in the day. I don't even need to see the numbers to know that Sessions would be an upgrade at PG. Worst case scenario he turns out to be a slightly better Avery Johnson. Not bad.

jbalsa2

Rookie
Every day it's another story about how this deal hasn't happened yet. I understand Donnie wants to wait and make the best deal possible but this is just getting ridiculous. I hope this happens this week. Sooner the better. Get Sessions in New York now.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Every day it's another story about how this deal hasn't happened yet. I understand Donnie wants to wait and make the best deal possible but this is just getting ridiculous. I hope this happens this week. Sooner the better. Get Sessions in New York now.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/baske...jason-williams-haggle-with-sessions-1.1346449

Here is the most updated story on it, it appears that there is a hang up over the price.

Sessions wants the full MLE and Donnie wants to give less.

The article suggest that since no other team is interested, than Donnie doesnt want to bid against himself, to me, Donnie should ask himself how much this kid is worth (regardless of who is and is not pursuing him) and make that his offer!

Trying to penny pinch by a half a mill per season is not intelligent at this point. Again if there were better PG's in the 2010 FA class then Walsh's approach would make more sense.

The funny thing is that it seems that we are actually trying to get him for less than what we got Duhon for LOL!

JayJ44

Starter
Obviously as fans, we want this done as soon as possible. We're sick of reading about it in the papers. But Donnie is doing the smart thing, IMO. Why pay more, when we don't have to? Bucks won't match an offer over 4 mil. and there's no way he chooses to go to the career graveyard (Clippers). We need to save as much money as we can for 2010. We'll probably get a deal worked out sometime this week for around 5 mil.

Blumatic

Rotation player
Obviously as fans, we want this done as soon as possible. We're sick of reading about it in the papers. But Donnie is doing the smart thing, IMO. Why pay more, when we don't have to? Bucks won't match an offer over 4 mil. and there's no way he chooses to go to the career graveyard (Clippers). We need to save as much money as we can for 2010. We'll probably get a deal worked out sometime this week for around 5 mil.

You right man. But man this is killing me. I know Donnie's trying to swing something huge to protect 2010 and get Sessions. But if Sessions goes someplace else, I think it may hurt the Knicks and himself for years.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/baske...jason-williams-haggle-with-sessions-1.1346449

Here is the most updated story on it, it appears that there is a hang up over the price.

Sessions wants the full MLE and Donnie wants to give less.

The article suggest that since no other team is interested, than Donnie doesnt want to bid against himself, to me, Donnie should ask himself how much this kid is worth (regardless of who is and is not pursuing him) and make that his offer!

Trying to penny pinch by a half a mill per season is not intelligent at this point. Again if there were better PG's in the 2010 FA class then Walsh's approach would make more sense.

The funny thing is that it seems that we are actually trying to get him for less than what we got Duhon for LOL!

Walsh wouldn't be bidding against himself....he is bidding against the Bucks. If the contract isn't alot of money, the Bucks match. He should get the full 5.8 next year so it is unlikely the Bucks to match and then work out the details for the following years.

Duhon got his contract in a different market....nobody got a huge deal this offseason. Hedo got only 60% of what Rashad Lewis got and they are comparable players. The Knicks need alot of cap space for 2010, but need supporting players to lure a star here. Sessions will help show a superstar the Knicks have the goods around you to help you win.

The Knicks need alot of cap space for 2010, but need supporting players to lure a star here.

This is the thing. If the superstar player is going to come to NY, he's going to have to feel that he can win with the supporting cast. We can't be a team of 1 year deals.

I also read -- but I'm sure it's a bluff from Sessions' agent -- that he might just sign a 1 year deal with the Bucks for $1m and test free agency next year if they don't get the deal they want.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
It's a bluff from his agent, no player who's been in the league for two years is going to get a deal more than the MLE. Give Sessions 5 years at 5 million dollars and call it a day. Walsh is smart not to jump the gun on matters like this, he knows the Bucks won't match a 5 million dollar offer, why would he pay 5.8 million?

New New York

Quiet Storm
It's a bluff from his agent, no player who's been in the league for two years is going to get a deal more than the MLE. Give Sessions 5 years at 5 million dollars and call it a day. Walsh is smart not to jump the gun on matters like this, he knows the Bucks won't match a 5 million dollar offer, why would he pay 5.8 million?

Actually The Knicks are offering 4 years 26 million which averages out to be more than 5.8, I think the haggle has to be that Sessions' camp wants a 5 year 30 million dollar deal, I would only give them that deal if there is a team option after the 4th year. That pretty much covers us....if only Isiah was intelligent enough put that sort of team option on Jerome James and Jared Jefferies contracts, the latter wouldve helped our 2010 cap plan seeing how no way Walsh wouldve picked up a team option on Jefferies

mafra

Legend
It's going to happen Both sides realize it. Sessions wont bolt for LAC. Why would he? Be a backup in a city where the team is the second best NBA team and play in a iso system or start in MSG and play for NYK and get to run the PG-friendly D'ant system?

It's not like LAC will blow away our offer. Walsh is dangling a mid to low 20 mil offer, and Sessions seeks a 32.3 million offer. We're talking about 8-10 mil difference.

Is going to LAC that much better that he'll do it for 8 mil?

Not to mention the chance to play with Lebron next year.... compete and win in NY.

Walsh knows this has to be done. This team needs a PG in 2010, and they want that person in here now.... run the system.... learn the offense.... So they can sell that to Lebron.

Walsh just needs to deal Jeffries first, to clear that cap space for 2010.

Walsh knows having Sessions, Chandler, Gallinari, Hill, Douglas and hopefully Lee gives NY an atrractive young core of guys- and if Darko Milicic is reborn in D'ant's system.... Well, you have something to sell to Lebron and Bosh.

Anyway.... I think Sessions comes down to about 28 mil and the deal gets done.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Alan Hahn has opened my eyes a bit on this situation

http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/the-knicks-fix-1.812055

Best line in the article was "giving an realitvely unproven FA a blank check for the MLE is how you end up with Jared Jefferies"

As impatient as I have been about this, I suppose Donnie is playing his cards right. There is really no other option for Sessions.

The Clippers are not going to offer him the full MLE just to have him backup the untradable Baron Davis. And the article brings up a good point about the Clippers style of play suffocating Sessions game.

If Sessions was a player worth the full MLE, then another team wouldve offered it by now.

so here are Sessions options: Accept the qualifying offer from Mil. (1 million), take a 5 year 26 million dollar deal from The Knicks to be their starting PG, or take a slightly higher (if even that) from The Clippers (the lowest marketed franchise in the history of LA sports) to be their backup.

N-O-(Space) B-R-A-I-N-E-R

Blumatic

Rotation player
http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/the-knicks-fix-1.812055

Best line in the article was "giving an realitvely unproven FA a blank check for the MLE is how you end up with Jared Jefferies"

As impatient as I have been about this, I suppose Donnie is playing his cards right. There is really no other option for Sessions.

The Clippers are not going to offer him the full MLE just to have him backup the untradable Baron Davis. And the article brings up a good point about the Clippers style of play suffocating Sessions game.

If Sessions was a player worth the full MLE, then another team wouldve offered it by now.

so here are Sessions options: Accept the qualifying offer from Mil. (1 million), take a 5 year 26 million dollar deal from The Knicks to be their starting PG, or take a slightly higher (if even that) from The Clippers (the lowest marketed franchise in the history of LA sports) to be their backup.

N-O-(Space) B-R-A-I-N-E-R

I agree man. Sessions is 23 years old. He was the 56th pick overall in 2007. Had he signed a lottery contract he would probably still be under it with probably 2 years left. This guy, though talented and legitimately promising for the Knicks, is unproven and should be happy a team is interested especially one as the Knicks (NYC, MSG).

Hell, we wanted this deal done waaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy before the Jason Kidd talk. But Sessions just need to except the deal and really prove himself.

But I can understand his position, get the most money you can by all means necessary. But there comes a point where Sessions has to see that what the Knicks are offering is the best deal possible: great city, great market, system that makes below avg pgs look good, chance to grow with team.

You gots to be hungry, Ramon.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Actually, Sessions could easily accept the 1mil offer from MIL and be an unrestricted FA in 2010 where he would be ranked arguably as the best PG available. If he believes he can produce good stats next season then him and his agent may not think twice about waiting a year and possibly getting more than the MLE. He'll only be 24 and barring any injurues, would still be viewed as a very talented pure PG.

Let's not be so quick to think Donnie has the upper hand here.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Actually, Sessions could easily accept the 1mil offer from MIL and be an unrestricted FA in 2010 where he would be ranked arguably as the best PG available. If he believes he can produce good stats next season then him and his agent may not think twice about waiting a year and possibly getting more than the MLE. He'll only be 24 and barring any injurues, would still be viewed as a very talented pure PG.

Let's not be so quick to think Donnie has the upper hand here.

I agree he will be one of the best PG's in the 2010 class if he took that route, but, If his agent is dumb enough to have him play for 1 milliion dollars this season in the hopes for a big payoff Sessions needs to hire me to be his agent, and I dont know the first thing about being an agent!

Imagine he signs the qualifying offer for a million, gets hurt for the first two months of the season, is forced to play catch up, and is now playing behind Jennings and Luke Ridnour, that would mean he gets no better than a 3 million dollar a year deal in 2010. Its just too risky

Not to mention he could just take a one year deal with The Knicks (which Donnie would be more than open to) for more than a million, plus get an opportunity to start as oppossed to being in Mil. where his stock could dip in potentially playing behind Jennings and Ridnour. Playing for Dantoni will only improve his stock, so if he thinks he will be able to get more later, then NY is still the best option for him

Mia. is a team I would be leary of in terms of them coming in and scooping this kid up, but, of Sessions current option NY is the best!

Hows that for coming full circle on my opinion....I started this thread hopelessly pestimistic about us getting him, now I am over confident....what can I say I am a Sagitarious our moods flip flop easisly!

I think the best deal for Sessions is to sign the Knicks offer....but get a EPTO (early player termination option). He can post insane numbers for the Knicks for a couple of years and then opt-out to get more money. That said, not such why the Knicks would want to give him that option....

If he thinks he can get better than a 3yr/25mil deal next offseason, then a 1yr/1mil offer is the way to go. Otherwise, 4yr/26mil is a better offer. Honestly, staying with the Bucks won't be good for his numbers-Skiles didn't play him enough last year and with Jennings he will find excuses to sit Sessions. Who would play Ridnour over Sessions? Thats the garbage he had to deal with there and why his price isn't as high as it could be.

I think the Knicks offer is better because he won't be able to put up great numbers with Skiles/Jennings.

KarlMoats

Rookie
Wow

I'm pretty shocked by that to be honest. Sessions seems like he would be a great fit.

Who wants to bet that this actually happens!

Look I really like Donnie Walsh, but he is being a little too slow with this one. Man this is not like David Lee and Nate Robinson where Donnie is in control. Now the reports are that the Clippers are the only other team interested, but all that needs to happen is a team's starting PG to down and we are screwed.

Look Walsh's patience worked out for trading Zach and Jamal

It worked in getting us Dantoni, had Walsh acted immediatley we would have ended up with Mark Jackson as coach, he waited and was able to get Dantoni.....Which brings up a good point about Walsh.... when he wants something he acts fast on it!

Mike Dantoni was not on the market for a two weeks before Walsh interviewed him and he signed him less than a week after the interview. He just is not showing the same sort of urgency w/ Sessions

I said it before, I think Dantoni is much higher on him than Walsh is. Walsh actually went after a way past his prime Grant Hill with more urgency than he is a young, athletic, proven starter PG with a nice upside to him.

I have felt all along Walsh like Jordan Hill more than Dantoni and we drafted Hill, so I think you owe Mike one Donnie!

I cant imagine what the hang up is in terms of money if we were really going to pay Grant Hill 11 million for 2 seasons.

Sorry Donnie no one wants just a one year deal! That sort of contract means you are one injury away from blowing millions! Sign him to a four year deal, w/ a team option the 3rd year.

Yes extending his contract into the 2010 seasons hurts our cap plan, but, aside from TJ Ford, there just is not that great a PG flock in 2010, so Sessions could be better than any PG we end up with after the 2010 FA passes. I mean every team needs a good PG, but in Dantoni's system it is even more vital.

Yes getting Session puts more emphasis on moving Curry and/or Jefferies, but we have to take a chance on this one.Missing out on Sessions could leave us w/ Duhon as the PG of our immediate future.

Speaking of which....look how good Dantoni's system made Duhon, a 3rd string PG! Imagine a bonafied starting PG, getting him at the MLE could be a major steal.

Go to a Bucks fan site, they are livid about the notion of losing Sessions even with having Jennings! The fans know this kid's game. I know very, very little about Sessions so I cant say "We need him", but a 3 to 1 ast to T.O. ratio and 6 ast a game in 79 games (49 as a starter) speaks for itself!

<table class="playerInfoGridPlayerInfoBorders" border="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td align="left" valign="top">Ramon Sessions

</td></tr><tr><td></td></tr><tr><td class="gSGSectionTitleStatsPlayerGrid" colspan="2" align="middle" valign="top">2008-09 Statistics</td></tr><tr align="middle"><td class="gSGRowEven">PPG</td><td class="gSGRowEven">12.4 </td></tr><tr align="middle"><td class="gSGRowOdd">RPG</td><td class="gSGRowOdd">3.4 </td></tr><tr align="middle"><td class="gSGRowEven">APG</td><td class="gSGRowEven">5.7</td></tr><tr align="middle"><td class="gSGRowOdd">SPG</td><td class="gSGRowOdd">1.0</td></tr><tr align="middle"><td class="gSGRowEven">BPG</td><td class="gSGRowEven">0.1

</td></tr><tr align="middle"><td class="gSGRowOdd">FG%</td><td class="gSGRowOdd">0.445</td></tr><tr align="middle"><td class="gSGRowEven">FT%</td><td class="gSGRowEven">0.794</td></tr><tr align="middle"><td class="gSGRowOdd">3P%</td><td class="gSGRowOdd">0.176</td></tr><tr align="middle"><td class="gSGRowEven">MPG</td><td class="gSGRowEven">26.5</td></tr></tbody></table><!-- Copyright IBM Corporation, 2001-2005 --><script language="JavaScript1.1">var SA_ID="nbapix;nba";</script><script language="JavaScript1.1" src="//stats.surfaid.ihost.com/sacdcv3_nbapix_nba.js" type="text/JavaScript"></script><noscript></noscript>

<table class="playerInfoGridPlayerInfoBorders" border="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td align="left" valign="top">Chris Duhon

</td></tr><tr><td></td></tr><tr><td class="gSGSectionTitleStatsPlayerGrid" colspan="2" align="middle" valign="top">2008-09 Statistics</td></tr><tr align="middle"><td class="gSGRowEven">PPG</td><td class="gSGRowEven">11.1</td></tr><tr align="middle"><td class="gSGRowOdd">RPG</td><td class="gSGRowOdd">3.1 </td></tr><tr align="middle"><td class="gSGRowEven">APG</td><td class="gSGRowEven">7.2</td></tr><tr align="middle"><td class="gSGRowOdd">SPG</td><td class="gSGRowOdd">0.9</td></tr><tr align="middle"><td class="gSGRowEven">BPG</td><td class="gSGRowEven">0.1</td></tr><tr align="middle"><td class="gSGRowOdd">FG%</td><td class="gSGRowOdd">0.421</td></tr><tr align="middle"><td class="gSGRowEven">FT%</td><td class="gSGRowEven">0.856</td></tr><tr align="middle"><td class="gSGRowOdd">3P%</td><td class="gSGRowOdd">0.391</td></tr><tr align="middle"><td class="gSGRowEven">MPG</td><td class="gSGRowEven">36.8</td></tr></tbody></table>

The numbers don't lie this is an upgrade! Both players played 79 games in 2008/2009. Duhon scored less, got less steals, turned the ball over more and only 1.5 ast more in nearly 10 more mins and starting 30 more games. Now inject Sessions into Dantoni's offense and give Sessions Duhon's mins and starts and you get.

17.1 pts
4.6 rebs
7.9 ast
2.7 T.O's
1.38 steals per

Not bad for a 23 year old MLE money player! Which is actually better numbers than my man TJ Ford put up with Indy this year!

Look Donnie unlike Kidd and Hill, he actually wants to be a Knick! Now the ball is in your court to deliver.

Having said all of this.....I bet we do not get him after all!

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Great. No Sessions. Now Troy Hudson??? WTF is going on here??

Knicks To Work Out Hudson, Souring On Sessions

On Thursday morning, point guard Troy Hudson will work out for the New York Knicks.

Last week, Hudson held a work out in Las Vegas for the Oklahoma City Thunder, Memphis Grizzlies, Philadelphia 76ers, and Detroit Pistons.

New York was pursuing free agent Ramon Sessions, but sources tell RealGM's Alex Kennedy that talks have broken down because of New York's hesitance to add salary to their payroll in 2010.

Sessions is a restricted free agent, which means that the Knicks must offer him a contract of at least two years.

Hudson has averaged 9.0 points and 3.4 over the course of his eleven-year career.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/61084/20090811/knicks_to_work_out_hudson_souring_on_sessions/

Won't sign Lee, won't sign and trade Lee, won't sign Nate, won't sign and trade Nate, won't sign Sessions but make multi-year offers to Hill and Kidd. WTF!! At some point Donnie is going to have to make a decision on what he wants to do. This is getting ridiculous.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Walsh never said he wouldn't sign Lee or Nate, nor did he say he wouldn't sign Sessions just yet. Walsh knows the market and he's being patient, and it's paying off. If this were the Isiah days David Lee would've inked that 12 million dollar deal over 5 years, but no, since his price has fallen due to these economic times (Walsh being a genius for realizing that) Walsh can get Lee to a much cheaper long-term deal (8 mil a year instead of 12 mil). Same goes for Nate, and especially with regards to Sessions - Walsh isn't stupid, he knows that Sessions is going to cost money. But he's not willing to pay the full MLE to get Sessions when no other team is really in the running (unless Sessions wants to be a backup PG with the Clippers).

When it came to Grant Hill and Jason Kidd, Walsh had to bet against other teams. In the cases of Lee and Nate and Sessions, if he raises the price he's willing to pay, he's just betting against himself. Why bet against yourself when you can play hard ball and get the player to lower his asking price? Why pay 5.8 million a year to Sessions when nobody else is offering him even 4 million a year? Cap space is valuable especially with Curry and Jeffries still on the roster.

dre48ny

Rotation player
He's definitely patient and I guess these players don't have many options.

I understand that other teams were in the mix for Hill and Kidd, yet they still would've hurt the cap space that he's trying to protect so much. So that contradicts that the Sessions signing would hurt the cap space when he was willing to hurt the cap space with Hill or Kidd.

Walsh is pretty bright and I'm sure he knows what he is doing. Many of us just want to know the roster for next season and get a bit impatient. I guess we'll know before September.