Official Donnie Walsh Thread

Red

TYPE-A
Patience is a virtue!

From above: "Let's tackle the obvious question first: Donnie Walsh's seemingly solitary mission since taking over in New York has been clearing the maximum amount of cap space possible in order to have enough money to lure at least one superstar free-agents from the much ballyhooed FA Class of 2010 ? So why would he burn some of that cash this summer by signing someone to a multi-year contract? The answer is multifaceted, so let's dig in..."***: I love what Donnie from the Bronx is doing. He's doing EXACTLY what I feel this franchise needs. At the least he is showing potential fa's (wink-wink) that we have a competent Manager in the front office. THANKS DONNIE, now make us better and get this deal done. For once I can't wait til' mid/off season to see what happens next. It's like Barack Obama runs the Knicks!(lol) So (note I understand the non-supporters) with that said who's with me?

CoolClyde

great article, explains everything re current Sessions/Knicks situation, and Donnie's role as a poker player, waiting for the opportunity to play his best hand. Unfortunately, Chubby McAgent is in control, and he wants it all (MLE), hence, the waiting is the hardest part.

Donnie's playing the same game with DLEE and N8's agents. you gotta respect Walsh, let's hope he's playing his cards right.

PLAN 2010 on track!

Red

TYPE-A
from hoopsworld (above)

"First and foremost, as those who have read this space over the past few years are well aware, I have always been a staunch advocate of clearing as much cap room as humanly possible in time for the free-agent frenzy that will commence at midnight on July 1st, 2010. Isiah should have had the foresight to start preparing once LeBron, Wade and Bosh all signed their truncated extensions in the summer of 2006. But because he didn't, Walsh had a nightmarish mess to clean up when he took over in Gotham. And thus far, he has done an exemplary job. He moved the "unmovable" contract of Zach Randolph, lopping over $17 million off the 2010 books. A he also cleared another $10 million in 2010 funny money by trading Jamal Crawford. In addition, Walsh should be commended for being as patient as he has been in dealing with restricted free-agents David Lee and Nate Robinson..."Go Donnie, Go!!!!!!!

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Here is Live Video of Donnie Walsh in action!!!

walsh_240_desk.jpg

Yes, that's right ladies and gentlemen, this is a live video feed of NY Knicks GM Donnie Walsh in action....aaannndd....it looks like he's catatonic....nothing seems to be happening.

We'll have to check back in a couple of weeks folks. Hopefully Donnie can snap out of it soon and do something.