Nate Robinson and David Lee

Kiyaman

Legend
I could be wrong....but I still feel that the Knicks new regime inhereted 4 to 5 young "Keeper-Players" in David Lee, Balkman, Chandler, Collins, and Nate Robinson, that the new-regime should've kept throughout there first four rebuilding years (2012) on the team. Especially if the future plan was to go out to get two-star scorers for the team.

The Knicks main concern on July 1st 2009, were to resign Nate Robinson & David Lee to a 4 to 6 year contract. But somehow throughout the new-regime first 12 months on the job the new-regime actions and player communication has lost the Knick-Players trust and loyalty to wanting to be a Knick-player for long term. I am sure we will witness all the Knick-Players reaction of LUV towards the new-regime in the first 25 games of the 2009-10 regular season.
I see PG-Duhon having a great season to only sign up with the next team in the 2010 offseason.

"Every player will be starting off with a clean-slate...."will never be taken as the truth by any Knick-Player in the future when said by this Knick new-regime. Players will demand $$$ or a no-trade clause in their Knick contract in 2010...

Being a Knick-Fan for life....does not make me a Layden-fan, Isiah-fan, or a Walsh 2010 fan.
angry.gif
angry.gif
angry.gif
angry.gif
angry.gif
angry.gif

Toons

is the Bo$$
balkman and collins will be nothing special in the nba, never ever earning more than they make now.

ANU

Starter
if McCurry and effries weren't on this team, both nate and lee would all ready have been signed.fact of the matter is, the knicks haven't won shit in decades, the least SOME FANS should do, is wait one more season to see if we become instant champ contenders with lebron, or not.this is our chance.it might be the only chance we get for a while, might as well see it through.they handcuff this team at the moment if sessions is brought in too.

Kiyaman

Legend
if McCurry and effries weren't on this team, both nate and lee would all ready have been signed.fact of the matter is, the knicks haven't won shit in decades, the least SOME FANS should do, is wait one more season to see if we become instant champ contenders with lebron, or not.this is our chance.it might be the only chance we get for a while, might as well see it through.they handcuff this team at the moment if sessions is brought in too.

The Bucks will match any offer the Knicks give to Sessions....coach Skiles is slow but not stupid he will need Sessions craftiness for a year or two to make rookies PG-Brandon and SG-Meeks reach their NBA skill level quick.

I wonder how Balkman & Collins defensive talents could've helped us last season in the playoff race with our 6-man rotation???

ANU....whatup!!!

NYK4Life

Rookie
The Bucks will match any offer the Knicks give to Sessions....coach Skiles is slow but not stupid he will need Sessions craftiness for a year or two to make rookies PG-Brandon and SG-Meeks reach their NBA skill level quick.

I wonder how Balkman & Collins defensive talents could've helped us last season in the playoff race with our 6-man rotation???

ANU....whatup!!!

What does Coach Skiles have to do with the Bucks matching? The decision is up to the owner. He is the one that will have to pay the luxury tax. I'm sure Skiles would love to have Sessions, but this is out of his control and Hammond's control. And considering from the way that they gave Jefferson away for nothing, I doubt the owner would be willing to pay the extra millions to retain Sessions. Especially when they already have Jennings and Ridnour.

If Walsh's offer is at the right number and if he puts enough years on the deal, then I don't think the Bucks will match. IMO I think the offer should be 4-5 years starting at around 5 million. That should be enough, but we will see what happens.

NYK4Life

Rookie
And Mardy Collins is a keeper player? Come on man. Collins is a certified bum and he has shown that in NY and LA.

richtree

Rotation player
I think we are trying to fast forward through a bad past.

Truth is we lost our best player, Marbury.

Nate and Lee are both good solid players but they are 6th and 7th men on a top 5 team.

Now Nate and Lee both want Starting Money that's where our problem begins.

We have to prioritize our money with free agents for next year.

Dannio and Chandler are both Starting next year with LEE, Nate, and HIll as potential bench players.

Donnie is obviously trying to get a point guard so he can use all his money to go after 2 big time players.

He wants one Parimeter player and one post player from the 2010 free agent pool.

Say in a perfect world we get 2 guys like : Wade and Amare.

In order to do this we would probably have to let Nate go.

Lee could be a good compliment to Amare but THIS IS WHERE A MAJOR PROBLEM ARISES.

IF WE PAY LEE TOO MUCH, THERE IS NO WAY A GUY LIKE AMARE IS GOING TO ACCEPT A CONTRACT SIMILAR TO LEE'S WHEN HE IS A TOP PLAYER.

Nate has an unwillingness to learn the point guard postion and can't be part of the Knicks future.

Lee has to take a reasonable offer to stay, or else he will be gone in a sign and trade this season.

Lastly, our point guard situation is very important because there aren't alot of point guards in the free agent field. Duhon is a ok, at best, back up point guard and you have to assume we are going to land one decent free agent that won't be a point guard in 2010.

We have changed the team and got rid of all the problems this team had.
Nate seems to be the only player that thinks he is above the team.
Curry's apathy is frustrating but he has this last year to prove something.

Solution trade Nate during the season to a team that can give us either a point guard / interior player in return.

peace!

Kiyaman

Legend
What does Coach Skiles have to do with the Bucks matching? The decision is up to the owner. He is the one that will have to pay the luxury tax. I'm sure Skiles would love to have Sessions, but this is out of his control and Hammond's control. And considering from the way that they gave Jefferson away for nothing, I doubt the owner would be willing to pay the extra millions to retain Sessions. Especially when they already have Jennings and Ridnour.

If Walsh's offer is at the right number and if he puts enough years on the deal, then I don't think the Bucks will match. IMO I think the offer should be 4-5 years starting at around 5 million. That should be enough, but we will see what happens.

Coach Skiles long future with the Bucks will be the speedy progress of PG-Brandon and SG-Meeks chemistry with F/G-Redd & C-Bogut.
Coach Skile will make a point....in having an ending-contract Luke Ridnor, plus matching a one year or low contract Knick offer to PG-Session, having both on the team for just one more season will help-out tremendously for the Bucks future.
Most teams that cry over the Luxury Tax, start trading to lower their salary-cap way before January. The Bucks are standing at $67M cap.

Coach Skiles long future with the Bucks will be the speedy progress of PG-Brandon and SG-Meeks chemistry with F/G-Redd & C-Bogut.
Coach Skile will make a point....in having an ending-contract Luke Ridnor, plus matching a one year or low contract Knick offer to PG-Session, having both on the team for just one more season will help-out tremendously for the Bucks future.
Most teams that cry over the Luxury Tax, start trading to lower their salary-cap way before January. The Bucks are standing at $67M cap.

what a fabricated statement.
having three point guards on the same team all young and who want minutes never helps out any one. it never has and it never will. It is really going to come down to will donnie budge and pay a lil bit more, then the bucks cant match. IF skiles wanted sessions so bad, he would of kept them from drafting jennings, and he would of drafted a defensive minded player instead of overloading the pg position. Sessions would be signed by the bucks already if skiles loved the guy. Jennings is their future, and he knows having two young up and coming pgs on the same team is a chemistry killer, it happened with hinrich and duhon where kirk never fully developed and became frustrated because he was splitting too much time with duhon...hence why when the bulls drafted rose they did nothing to keep duhon around...three pg's dont work. NATE FRANCIS MARBURY...chemistry killer. WHy do you think the magic let alston go so easily this summer....or why donnie nelson chose between ellis and davis in golden state. your talking about the premier controller of the game.

Sessions will be either a knick, or a clipper.

Red

TYPE-A
From hoopsworld

Robinson and Lee: Seriously, what are New York Knicks restricted free agents David Lee and Nate Robinson waiting for? The Knicks have offers on the table for $5 million for Robinson and $7 million for Lee for a single season. Neither player is going to get a deal for more than that from anywhere else, and the Knicks are not going to eat into their cap space for the summer of 2010 for either one.

None of this is news to them; at least, it shouldn't be. The Knicks were clear from the beginning what their plans are, and it really seems like many people ? including these two ? thought it was a big joke, that when the time came the Knicks would gladly pony up the cash to sign both players to long-term deals. Obviously that wasn't the case and the Knicks aren't going to back off of that stance now, especially since they know their deal is better than anyone else's. If Lee signs a much cheaper deal to get long-term security, the Knicks may just match it out of principle, but at the same time Lee feels he's worth more than a $4-5 million deal. And he's probably right.

The thing is, for both of these players they can get the exact same money next summer they could get this summer. They will be a year older, but they still have plenty of years ahead of them. Next year they can shop themselves around a bit and probably find a better market ? well, unless the salary cap drops so drastically not nearly as many teams as expected are spending money.

In that case, isn't it better to have pocketed the $7 million and $5 million respectively? It's easy to see the desire for long-term security from a player's point of view, but that's simply not on the table.

Lee's agent can claim a few teams would offer Lee $10 million per season, but you can't blame the fact it's not happening on restricted free agency. Teams who like him are capped out, and can't afford it, and the Knicks aren't going to take back long-term deals in a sign-and-trade. Those are the rules, the ones everyone has to play under.

And under those rules, the two one-year contracts are the best Robinson and Lee are going to do for the 2009-10 season, so they should sign them and get it over with. Move on, play out the year, earn your money, and do it all again next summer.

It's a hassle, it's not ideal, but it's all they've got.

And besides, who here isn't interested to see what a team of Ramon Sessions, Lee, Robinson, Wilson Chandler, Larry Hughes, and Al Harrington can do? Sprinkle in some Eddy Curry, some Darko Milicic, and some Danilo Gallinari with rookies Toney Douglas and Jordan Hill and I'm officially intrigued.

Make it happen.
Damn I should've been in journalism, I just wrote something similar a few days ago. Wake up Lee and N8, its a new day!:whack::whack:

Robinson and Lee: Seriously, what are New York Knicks restricted free agents David Lee and Nate Robinson waiting for? The Knicks have offers on the table for $5 million for Robinson and $7 million for Lee for a single season. Neither player is going to get a deal for more than that from anywhere else, and the Knicks are not going to eat into their cap space for the summer of 2010 for either one.

None of this is news to them; at least, it shouldn't be. The Knicks were clear from the beginning what their plans are, and it really seems like many people ? including these two ? thought it was a big joke, that when the time came the Knicks would gladly pony up the cash to sign both players to long-term deals. Obviously that wasn't the case and the Knicks aren't going to back off of that stance now, especially since they know their deal is better than anyone else's. If Lee signs a much cheaper deal to get long-term security, the Knicks may just match it out of principle, but at the same time Lee feels he's worth more than a $4-5 million deal. And he's probably right.

The thing is, for both of these players they can get the exact same money next summer they could get this summer. They will be a year older, but they still have plenty of years ahead of them. Next year they can shop themselves around a bit and probably find a better market ? well, unless the salary cap drops so drastically not nearly as many teams as expected are spending money.

In that case, isn't it better to have pocketed the $7 million and $5 million respectively? It's easy to see the desire for long-term security from a player's point of view, but that's simply not on the table.

Lee's agent can claim a few teams would offer Lee $10 million per season, but you can't blame the fact it's not happening on restricted free agency. Teams who like him are capped out, and can't afford it, and the Knicks aren't going to take back long-term deals in a sign-and-trade. Those are the rules, the ones everyone has to play under.

And under those rules, the two one-year contracts are the best Robinson and Lee are going to do for the 2009-10 season, so they should sign them and get it over with. Move on, play out the year, earn your money, and do it all again next summer.

It's a hassle, it's not ideal, but it's all they've got.

And besides, who here isn't interested to see what a team of Ramon Sessions, Lee, Robinson, Wilson Chandler, Larry Hughes, and Al Harrington can do? Sprinkle in some Eddy Curry, some Darko Milicic, and some Danilo Gallinari with rookies Toney Douglas and Jordan Hill and I'm officially intrigued.

Make it happen.
Damn I should've been in journalism, I just wrote something similar a few days ago. Wake up Lee and N8, its a new day!:whack::whack:

I feel the Knicks should sign both to 1-year deals and use them as assets to help move Curry and Jefferies. If we have Sessions, Douglas, Gallo, Chandler, Hill without Curry, Jefferies, Nate, and Lee we should have enough cap space to sign two major stars (LeBron and Bosh?). Our starters would be Sessions, Chandler, LeBron, Bosh, and Hill/Gallo. The Knicks would still have the MLE and be able to sign another solid player to help with the depth of the team.

Curry and Jefferies only have 2 years left to their deals-it is possible to trade them if we include enough assets with them.

I feel Sessions would help Nate, Lee, Curry, and Jefferies look better. He doesn't turn it over that often and can set up people to score. Without Sessions, we have a big missing part of the future and another player we would need to sign. I feel we can get him at a great price (start at 5mil, go down for 2010 and then give him his raises) and it would be a good move. D'Antoni sees this.

Kiyaman

Legend
having three point guards on the same team all young and who want minutes never helps out any one. it never has and it never will.

The Chicago Bulls first time getting to the playoffs after the Jordan era.....they had 4-PG on their roster that found ways to make Eddy Curry, rookie Deng & Gordon the leading scorers.

Kiyaman

Legend
So far it looks like Nate & Lee will be here next season, it also looks like it may-be their last season as a Knick too.

It dont look like any team in the league will "try" to sign either of the restricted FA, the two players were the Knicks MVP last season, becoming an important part of the neucleus of winning 32 games rather than 16 games with just a 6-man rotation. NBA teams know the Knicks want something in return for their restricted FA. Letting them walk to the next team as if they are unrestricted FA wont look good for the Knicks new regime unless the next team over pay them.

The Knicks will let the two restricted FA search the market all offseason....knowing they both will report to the Knicks training-camp on the first day, like Varegao and Ben Gordon did.

Two years ago, I seen Nate & Lee being Knicks four years after the firing of Isiah Thomas. But then again, I also thought Trevor Ariza would out last Isiah as a Knick too. SHUUUT-HAPPENS...

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
<table id="post99393" class="tborder" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr valign="top"><td class="alt1" id="td_post_99393" style="border-right: 1px solid rgb(255, 255, 255);">
Two years ago, I seen Nate & Lee being Knicks four years after the firing of Isiah Thomas. But then again, I also thought Trevor Ariza would out last Isiah as a Knick too. SHUUUT-HAPPENS...
Again, you got bogged down in assumptions. Now you claim you foresaw Ariza's fruition like you're a friggin' hoop prophet. Hindsight doesn't count and you know it.!!!!

You're addicted to your own opinion to the point that you lie even to yourself to inflate it.

Stop trying so hard to be the anti-wave. you do realize, that all your BS is a gamble. Next year, if Lebron or DWade do sign, your incessant slandering of the management will make you look like a fool right?

However. If they don't, you can act like you saw it coming all along.

Either way, you don't really know what you're talking about.

<!-- / message --> </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border-style: none solid solid; border-color: -moz-use-text-color rgb(255, 255, 255) rgb(255, 255, 255); border-width: 0px 1px 1px;">
user_offline.gif
<script type="text/javascript"> vbrep_register("99393")</script> </td> <td class="alt1" style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: -moz-use-text-color rgb(255, 255, 255) rgb(255, 255, 255) -moz-use-text-color; border-width: 0px 1px 1px 0px;" align="right"> <!-- controls --> </td></tr></tbody></table>

Kiyaman

Legend
<TABLE class=tborder id=post99393 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_99393 style="BORDER-RIGHT: rgb(255,255,255) 1px solid">Again, you got bogged down in assumptions. Now you claim you foresaw Ariza's fruition like you're a friggin' hoop prophet. Hindsight doesn't count and you know it.!!!!

You're addicted to your own opinion to the point that you lie even to yourself to inflate it.

Stop trying so hard to be the anti-wave. you do realize, that all your BS is a gamble. Next year, if Lebron or DWade do sign, your incessant slandering of the management will make you look like a fool right?

However. If they don't, you can act like you saw it coming all along.

Either way, you don't really know what you're talking about.

<!-- / message -->
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: 0px; BORDER-LEFT: 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px solid">
user_offline.gif
<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbrep_register("99393")</SCRIPT> </TD><TD class=alt1 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: 0px; BORDER-LEFT: 0px; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px solid" align=right><!-- controls --> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Wha's your problem.....sound like u got sumthing heavy on your chest u want to get-up off of.....everybody in this Forum know I liked all of Isiah's draft picks.....especially my Boy' Demetris Nicholes.

U dont like a muthrF...ker, then say that....and keep it movin. Next!!!

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
No hate no hate.

Just don't like someone raining their opinion like it's the 4th testament.

It's always anti-management and always packed with presumptions and ass-umptions.

Nothing personal. Just a difference in approach I suppose