Not Good, Bucks talking trade: Telfair & pick for Sessions

http://my.journaltimes.com/post/woelfel-world-of-sports/bucks_and_clippers_talking_trade.html

Yeah, I think Donnie may need to give that offer sheet to Sessions now, and then spend the rest of the off season trying to get someone to take Jared Jefferies off our hands!

The only good thing for us is that Sessions has to agree to a sign and trade because, so NY can just about promise a starting role for him and The Clippers can not.

Stay tuned

I feel this is coming from Sessions camp so the Knicks up their price?.so many connections to come to NY (starting spot, Dan D?Antoni, insane stats).
The Knicks should worry about moving a player later and sign Sessions.

This is a reason to up the offer after alot of people said there isn?t a reason to do so. The Knicks will regret it if they don?t get Sessions-he will be considered a bargain sooner than later.

Blumatic

Rotation player
Donnie won't do the deal. The 2010 cap is too important to him. Sessions loss may make him very unpopular. If he ends up being a great pg, the city will kill him. But Donnie won't budge for nobody.

CoolClyde

"The Knicks also remain interested in Sessions, but are attempting to trade a player to free up more money to sign him."

since when? who's getting traded?

if Clips are talking s&t, would Knicks talk s&t with Bucks for Sessions? N8? would a s&t for Sessions ease the pain of dipping into fund 2010?

good observation re Sessions having to agree to s&t w/clips, way too many reasons to come to NYC is right.

C'mon Ramon! C'mon Chubs! Go DW!

:gony:RAMON SESSIONS:gony:

New New York

Quiet Storm
I really just cant see Sessions camp passing up on the NY spotlight (and even a few nationally televised games) to be a backup w/ The Clippers. Not to mention playing in a PG freindly system

I honestly don't get why The Clippers are so intrigued, w/ no chance of trading Baron Davis and his 4 yr 50 million dollar contract they should be looking at him as their PG for better or worst.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
While I agree that Sessions should prefer NY, being a starter and playing in D'Antoni's PG friendly system, at some point money will facilitate his choice. Just like everyone says that all-star free agents in 2010 will choose the Knicks for the money and not team talent level, so will Sessions choose money in the end.

If we don't make him an offer, what choice does he have? He will take the team that gives him the most money and long term-contract. Which, as it looks like today, is probably not the Knicks.

Toons

is the Bo$$
Two seasons ago, as a rookie, Sessions registered 24 assists against the Chicago Bulls, setting a franchise record.

Sessions averaged 12.4 points and 5.7 assists in 79 games for the Bucks last sesaon. He was particularly impressive down the stretch, averaging a double-double -- 14 points and 10.4 assists -- over the final seven games.

What's more, the 6-foot-3 Sessions turned the ball over only 20 times in that span.

Clippers coach Mike Dunleavy has a high regard for Sessions -- as does Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni -- and especially likes Sessions' ability to protect the basketball.

The Clippers and Bucks are expected to resume conversations about Sessions today, although it's unlikely any agreement will be reached.

The Knicks also remain interested in Sessions, but are attempting to trade a player to free up more money to sign him

fav part of the article

New New York

Quiet Storm
Two seasons ago, as a rookie, Sessions registered 24 assists against the Chicago Bulls, setting a franchise record.

Sessions averaged 12.4 points and 5.7 assists in 79 games for the Bucks last sesaon. He was particularly impressive down the stretch, averaging a double-double -- 14 points and 10.4 assists -- over the final seven games.

What's more, the 6-foot-3 Sessions turned the ball over only 20 times in that span.

Clippers coach Mike Dunleavy has a high regard for Sessions -- as does Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni -- and especially likes Sessions' ability to protect the basketball.

The Clippers and Bucks are expected to resume conversations about Sessions today, although it's unlikely any agreement will be reached.

The Knicks also remain interested in Sessions, but are attempting to trade a player to free up more money to sign him

fav part of the article

Duhon also had 22 pts and 17 ast that game because neither team played defense! I think the final score was like 133 to 128 or something like that.

You know...I wouldnt be all that heartbroken if we dont end up w/ Sessions after all.

Not that the kid hasnt shown that he could turn out to be a really good player, but are we sure he is good enough to spend precious cap space on?

Plus say The Clippers do get him in a sign and trade, he would become a unrestricted FA next year- seeing how in a sign and trade it would likely be for the qualifying offer so The Bucks dont exceed the tax threashold- we can always try again next year and that would be upon the completion of his second full season in the league where he could be assessed more accuratley.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Donnie is so worried about cap space next year he may not sign anybody. No Lee, no Nate, no Sessions.

Our 2010 starting lineup...

PG-Douglas
SG-max free agent
SF-Chandler
PF-Gallo
C-Hill

w/ Jeffries and Curry off the bench

Duhon also had 22 pts and 17 ast that game because neither team played defense! I think the final score was like 133 to 128 or something like that.

You know...I wouldnt be all that heartbroken if we dont end up w/ Sessions after all.

Not that the kid hasnt shown that he could turn out to be a really good player, but are we sure he is good enough to spend precious cap space on?

Plus say The Clippers do get him in a sign and trade, he would become a unrestricted FA next year- seeing how in a sign and trade it would likely be for the qualifying offer so The Bucks dont exceed the tax threashold- we can always try again next year and that would be upon the completion of his second full season in the league where he could be assessed more accuratley.

Absolutely no way Sessions signs a 1-year deal. Even he goes to the Clippers in a S-&-T he gets more than 1 year. If the Clippers give him an offer sheet, by league rules it cannot be for only 1 year because he is a RFA. Otherwise Walsh would sign him for full MLE for only 1 year. I feel the Knicks would give Sessions the full MLE if cap space wasn't an issue....

bfab99

Benchwarmer
Just groom Toney Douglas to be our future PG. Chris Duhon obviously got tired last season with no backup. I mean I'd be fine w/ Sessions, but if it risks us of not getting Lebron, forget him.

AlboKnickFan

Benchwarmer
idiot, settle down. clippers will still be, and always will be bottom feeders.

Are you out of your mind. First of all, how can you call someone an idiot if u dont even know them.

Secondly, You are telling me how much you know about basketball with our stupid comment you made.

You seem to be a IsiaH Thomas cocksucker and Stephon Marbury and Eddy Curry Fan who have destroyed this franchise badly.

You are probably young who dont know much about bball.

Go PEEE and go to sleep you little pussy.