Clippers Pick Up Rasual Butler from the Hornets (another Guard for the clipps)

nyk_nyk

All Star
Sessions is still very young. He could easily just take the qualifying offer from MIL and become unrestricted next year and get more than a mid-level exception deal. Sessions and his agent may have the same patience.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Rasual Butler is a 6'7" guard/forward. Ramon Sessions is a 6'3" point guard. Two different positions. The Clippers could still make an offer.

Unless Donnie can trade Jeffries soon I don't see him making an offer to Sessions. Cap space in 2010 is too valuable to Donnie.

Sessions is still very young. He could easily just take the qualifying offer from MIL and become unrestricted next year and get more than a mid-level exception deal. Sessions and his agent may have the same patience.

Sessions will not be a unrestricted free agent next year...he has only been in the league for two seasons. If he signs the QO, he will be restricted again. I think Walsh has done well to wait him out....I see Sessions signing a long-term deal starting at 4 million a season with a player option after two seasons and the Bucks don't match.

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
Sessions will not be a unrestricted free agent next year...he has only been in the league for two seasons. If he signs the QO, he will be restricted again. I think Walsh has done well to wait him out....I see Sessions signing a long-term deal starting at 4 million a season with a player option after two seasons and the Bucks don't match.

Sessions has a QQ for 2009-2010 and is $1.000.497. Just so you know Session was a second round pick and their contracts(if they get one) are not as long as a first rounder.

BTW if D-Lee was picked up one spot later he was cashing in last year.

smokes

Huge Member
Sessions has a QQ for 2009-2010 and is $1.000.497. Just so you know Session was a second round pick and their contracts(if they get one) are not as long as a first rounder.

Would have been better for us though for sure. 2007-2008 D Lee would not even think about looking for $10 million+.

I know that 2nd round picks generally get only 2 year deals....which is which Sessions and Lee are both restricted even though Lee has been in the league 1 more year. The difference is if Lee signs a 1-yr deal, he becomes unrestricted next year. If Sessions signs a 1-yr deal, he will still be restricted next year. This gives the Knicks an advantage because Sessions will not want to sign the QO and allow the Bucks to continue to hold his rights after 2010. He will sign with someone else so he gets paid more-thats why I feel an opt-out clause would work for him so he can get a chance to explode in the D'Antoni system and then hit the free agent market again.