According to inside source "Sessions is still a priortiy" of Donnie Walsh

New New York

Quiet Storm
http://www.newsday.com/sports/baske...x-1.812055/knicks-still-in-sessions-1.1392059

The article notes that Walsh is hopeful that Sessions will take the most lucaritive offer wants "the calender flips to September".

Another good point that was if The Clippers were so interested why have they not made an offer yet? Clipper fans are hopeful that th waiving of Mark Madsen meant they would be getting Sessions, but Madsen is a forward and would have no bearing on the glut at the Guard position

New New York

Quiet Storm
Oh yeah, Walsh does need to come off the 4% decrease in salary! Honestly that is a bit of an insult, imagine taking a pay cut the year after you proved yourself on the job! Unless there is a 12% increase the next year or a player option then that is just being stingy! 320K is not going to make a difference in us getting a big time FA, plus you can shave more than that by waiving Jefferies or Curry.

Oh yeah, Walsh does need to come off the 4% decrease in salary! Honestly that is a bit of an insult, imagine taking a pay cut the year after you proved yourself on the job! Unless there is a 12% increase the next year or a player option then that is just being stingy! 320K is not going to make a difference in us getting a big time FA, plus you can shave more than that by waiving Jefferies or Curry.

Walsh is thinking that if there isn't a better deal out there he doesn't need to increase the deal. I understand the reasoning and that is probably why this has taken so long....I heard a rumor from a poster on knicks blog that he will sign in 3 days, but I have also heard that from many different people for over a month now lol. He will prove that he is much better than Duhon and could be a top 5 assist guy in the Knicks system....and at 4 million a year he is a steal.

Toons

is the Bo$$
Donnie is well aware of this fact. In rewriting the Knicks front office code of conduct, Walsh stipulates that negotiating against one's self should never result in overpaying (see: Thomas, Isiah)

Who else is out there? New York is sessions best offer and donnie knows this. New York has ONE THING over any other club in the runnings, and that is a starting position for this year, and the years to come if he is proven. Why should donnie spend a dime more if he knows that the bucks will not pay anything more than 2-3 mil per.

KBlack25

Starter
I think Sessions is trying to posture...he's holding out to try and boost the offer, trying to call Donnie's bluff. Fact is, there are no other options for Sessions, and Sessions knows he would be a great fit in this system.

What's troubling to me is that, if this guy is holding out for a mil or 2 more, is he the type of person we want on this team? Talent-wise he's pretty good, but it appears his personality may leave something to be desired. I like good character guys, it is often an underrated attribute. I truly believe you need chemistry to win the finals and to go far in this league, and if Sessions is a brat, well, maybe we don't want him.

CoolClyde

I think Sessions is trying to posture...he's holding out to try and boost the offer, trying to call Donnie's bluff. Fact is, there are no other options for Sessions, and Sessions knows he would be a great fit in this system.

What's troubling to me is that, if this guy is holding out for a mil or 2 more, is he the type of person we want on this team? Talent-wise he's pretty good, but it appears his personality may leave something to be desired. I like good character guys, it is often an underrated attribute. I truly believe you need chemistry to win the finals and to go far in this league, and if Sessions is a brat, well, maybe we don't want him.

Don't blame the player, blame "Chubby" the agent.
same BS going on with DLEE and his greedy rep.

New New York

Quiet Storm
\

Why should donnie spend a dime more if he knows that the bucks will not pay anything more than 2-3 mil per.

I think the four million dollar salary is cool, I wouldnt pay more for a player who has potential but is still not completley proven himself yet. What I am against is making him take a pay cut next year. I just dont think that is fair to him, or even motivating for that matter! Why play hard this season if you know that you will be recieving a pay cut next season?

New New York

Quiet Storm
Don't blame the player, blame "Chubby" the agent.
same BS going on with DLEE and his greedy rep.

Exactimundo! The thing is w/ Sessions he is his agent's only client, his agent has to rep him to the fullest. Because one false move and he is without a client all together! Plus the longer this drags on the more his name gets in the paper.

I mean before the Summer of 2009 who knew who Jimmy "Chubby" Wells was?

But if Sessions ends up taking Mil. Qualifying offer or ends up a Clipper, Chubby will be fired.

David Lee should fire his agent for not doing his homework and knowing that no one was going to give David Lee 10-12 million dollars this off season! His tough talk about how The Knicks have gotten David Lee for a discount long enough and now it was time to pay up, really back fired!

David had a multiyear deal starting at 7 million this first day of the Free Agent period, now of course you dont take the firs offer thrown at you, but after weeks went by and nothing better came in his agent shouldve taken the Knicks offer, now David could end up playing for just abouve The Qualifying Offer

LJ4ptplay

Starter

I hear you but from the interviews I've seen with him, he seems like a really good kid, not a brat. Watch below if you haven't seen already. I think CoolClyde is right with this one. Blame the agent, not Sessions.

CoolClyde

ya mon

I hear you but from the interviews I've seen with him, he seems like a really good kid, not a brat. Watch below if you haven't seen already. I think CoolClyde is right with this one. Blame the agent, not Sessions.

Yo, thanks for that vid, def made me appreciate the 'mon.

here's what i got from the announcers:
Sessions takes it to the hoop and can score (we saw that against NYK)
he's FAST on the fast break
he can guard the ball
he's a great passer who can see the floor.

What more do you want in a PG? oh yeah, someone who can shoot 3's.
other than that, Sessions looks > Duhon, > N8

btw, his 24 assist game looks like it came against a bunch of tall white guys,
like 3 David Lee's standing around looking confused on Dee
(face it, DLEE-FENSE SUCKS! 10-12Mill my ass, Agent Bunglestein!)

Is Dan D'Antoni impressing his coaching knowledge of Sessions on Walsh?
Donnie is playing poker by not bidding against himself, but the Clippers and the Bucks both have hands in this game.
Will Donnie's waiting game deliver Sessions or not???

:crossfingers:

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Although his 3-pt shooting is terrible (17.7% last year) I wouldn't be all that worried about it. He shoots around 80% from the free throw line, so his mechanics are there. Plus he seems like he works hard on his game. He did shoot 42.9% from 3-pt in '07-08, but with not many shots. I think his first year here (if we sign him) he'd probably shoot around 35-39%, relatively comparable to Duhon.

Ewing

Benchwarmer
In that video, Sessions reminded me a bit of Mark Jackson, very active on defense and always ready for the fastbreak with a great court vision.

New New York

Quiet Storm

Thank you and screw you for this video LOL!

I say that because this is great video of Session it says a lot about his game and his charecter.

But this video also makes me more antsy about him becoming a Knick! If this kid can develop a Jumper or at least becomes a decent shooter (about as good as Duhon) he would be just the type of PG we need.

Paul1355

All Star
http://www.newsday.com/sports/baske...x-1.812055/knicks-still-in-sessions-1.1392059

The article notes that Walsh is hopeful that Sessions will take the most lucaritive offer wants "the calender flips to September".

Another good point that was if The Clippers were so interested why have they not made an offer yet? Clipper fans are hopeful that th waiving of Mark Madsen meant they would be getting Sessions, but Madsen is a forward and would have no bearing on the glut at the Guard position

IDK about everyone else but im pretty satisfied with Duhon, Nate and Douglas as our Point Guards so if we get Sessions, which would be great, then Nate or Duhon have to go right away.

tiger0330

Legend
Its taking way too long. Doesn't seem like its a priority to donnie.

Co-sign, feels like a slow moving train. If I was Sessions I would pull a Josh Childress or Von Wafer and sign with a Euro team and look at it as an opportunity to tour Europe for a couple of years while getting paid. Wafer got a 10M/2 year deal, the best offers he got in the NBA were for minimum deals. Sessions should do better than Wafer.

IDK about everyone else but im pretty satisfied with Duhon, Nate and Douglas as our Point Guards so if we get Sessions, which would be great, then Nate or Duhon have to go right away.

Nate isnt a PG. He plays the position, but he is really a shooting guard. Douglas is young and a year at third string wouldn't be bad. Duhon is an above-average backup, or below average starter. Sessions numbers ber 36 are better than Duhon....and Duhon plays in D'Antoni's system. People seem to forget what Duhon was in Chicago...the system has done alot for him.

Latest news states the Knicks want Sessions but won't commit to a long-term deal....
http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/the-knicks-fix-1.812055

Can anyone tell me why Sessions doesn't sign a 2-year deal here with the 2nd year unguaranteed? That meets the requirement of more than 1-year deal of RFA status and would allow Walsh the cap space in 2010 if needed. I think this is a good deal for Sessions so he can put up monster numbers for the Knicks and then hit free agency. If he signs the QO, he will still be a restricted free agent after next season.

Sign QO=1 million, then restricted free agency.....
Sign with the Knicks=4 million, then either unrestricted or 3.68 million.

It will be hard for Sessions to get 6.68 million during the summer on 2010 with the numbers he will put up with the Bucks....I mean, how much time will they give him anyways? Sucks for Sessions, but he has to take the Knicks deal that has no guaranteed dollars for 2010....

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Latest news states the Knicks want Sessions but won't commit to a long-term deal....
http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/the-knicks-fix-1.812055

Can anyone tell me why Sessions doesn't sign a 2-year deal here with the 2nd year unguaranteed? That meets the requirement of more than 1-year deal of RFA status and would allow Walsh the cap space in 2010 if needed. I think this is a good deal for Sessions so he can put up monster numbers for the Knicks and then hit free agency. If he signs the QO, he will still be a restricted free agent after next season.

Sign QO=1 million, then restricted free agency.....
Sign with the Knicks=4 million, then either unrestricted or 3.68 million.

It will be hard for Sessions to get 6.68 million during the summer on 2010 with the numbers he will put up with the Bucks....I mean, how much time will they give him anyways? Sucks for Sessions, but he has to take the Knicks deal that has no guaranteed dollars for 2010....

Like I've said before, Donnie wants to move Jeffries or Curry before he signs Sessions. If that doesn't happen, Donnie won't make an offer to Sessions.

The sad thing is trading Jeffries with Mobley's contract is an easy one to make but Donnie hasn't done anything about that. And Mobley's contract becomes less valuable as time passes. By the trade deadline his contract will be worth practically nothing so Donnie needs to do something soon or else it's a wasted asset.

Possibly he wants to use Mobley's contract to move Curry but unfortunately Mobley's contract will be less valuable by the time teams show interest in Curry.

Essentially I don't think we're going to sign Sessions and that article pretty much validates that notion.

Last edited:
Like I've said before, Donnie wants to move Jeffries or Curry before he signs Sessions. If that doesn't happen, Donnie won't make an offer to Sessions.

The sad thing is trading Jeffries with Mobley's contract is an easy one to make but Donnie hasn't done anything about that. And Mobley's contract becomes less valuable as time passes. By the trade deadline his contract will be worth practically nothing so Donnie needs to do something soon or else it's a wasted asset.

Possibly he wants to use Mobley's contract to move Curry but unfortunately Mobley's contract will be less valuable by the time teams show interest in Curry.

Essentially I don't think we're going to sign Sessions and that article pretty much validates that notion.

Not sure why you didnt read my post....if the Knicks offer Sessions the contract I detailed, they add nothing to the 2010 cap. Nonguaranteed 2nd year of contract allows Sessions to play in NY to up his free agency value for the next season-which is the best situation for Sessions.