Grades for all Donnie Walsh's moves

New New York

Quiet Storm
http://www.knickerblogger.net/?p=2275

I agree about most of the grades given to actual moves Donnie made, but I hate the grade on rumored trades (The Wizard draft pick trade in particuliar) simply because we have no idea if these trades were proposed the way they were reported. I mean Donnie even said that he had no idea where The Nate to Sac talk came from, and if they were interested then, why arent they discussing the trade now since Nate actually put up better numbers after the trade deadline then he did all season?

All in all I think the grades were pretty fair. Although I would give the Larry Huges Jerome James trade a B- simply because Jerome James was just the eptitome of The Isiah Thomas era

Starks_boy

Benchwarmer

I agree about most of the grades given to actual moves Donnie made, but I hate the grade on rumored trades (The Wizard draft pick trade in particuliar) simply because we have no idea if these trades were proposed the way they were reported. I mean Donnie even said that he had no idea where The Nate to Sac talk came from, and if they were interested then, why arent they discussing the trade now since Nate actually put up better numbers after the trade deadline then he did all season?

All in all I think the grades were pretty fair. Although I would give the Larry Huges Jerome James trade a B- simply because Jerome James was just the eptitome of The Isiah Thomas era

Same for me, although I would grade the JJ+TT vs LH trade a B minus not a C. Coz JJ never played and was the poster of the Isiah era and TT was useless anyway. At least Hughes brought some D and this trade restaured a bit of an good image.

If this Kenny Thomas rumor was true, really it's an F !! But if Donnie says that he doesn't know where it comes from then I believe him.
Same for the draft night move with the eventual deal with the 5th pick. Should have done it I think.

Paul1355

All Star

I would have given Donnie a B+ at worst....he got rid of some big contracts that seemed impossible to move and bringing Mike D was the best way to move in a new direction...going from isiah to Mike D is night and day and everyone loves Mike D and his style and you could tell that even though this team only won 32...it was a positive 32 win season.

We have become a passing, TEAM orriented basketball club which we haven't been in a very long time....props to Donnie for starting good and having patience to avoid alot of bone-head opportunities.

A knick fan can only expect this team to get better as the years go on.

CoolClyde

Donnie is Movin!

I give Donnie an 8 as in "w8"

walshatwork.gif

time to sign the players, DW!

I Dont Think Its Fair To Grade Donnie Or Any Gm After One Year

Reason Being

Gallo ?
Lee ?
Duhon ?
Darko ?

We Have No Idea How All Of These Things Are Going To Pan Out

So Far You Can Say

Donnie Cleared Up Some Cap Space

Good Job

Other Than That We Really Have No Idea

You Cant Grade Any Gm Other Than Steve Kerr After On Year
I Say Kerr Because He Took An Elite Team And Turned Them Lottery For No Reason In A Matter Of Months.

Other Than That Any Gm Especially One Taking Over This Monstrosity Is Impossible To Grade After Only One Nba Season

dan1608

Benchwarmer
Walsh has done a pretty good job as GM. He should definitely trade Eddy Curry to a team with a struggling offense, like the Bobcats (or a team like that), for a smart player with a good basketball IQ, as well as good defensive and rebounding skills.

Most of his moves have been smart so far, he has cleared up cap space for the 2010 season to acquire one of the many great free agents (the most speculated of whom is LeBron James). We have yet to see whose he going to choose out of the available free agents in 2010 and if his decision is smart.