That's That! Rubio is Staying Spain!

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4435861

Ricky Rubio won't be coming to the NBA until 2011 at the earliest, sources told ESPN.com Monday.
Rubio and the Minnesota Timberwolves were informed late Monday night in Spain that Rubio's former club, DKV Joventut, had agreed to trade his rights to FC Barcelona.
<!--INLINE MUG-->
19272.jpg

Rubio
<!--END INLINE MUG-->Rubio will be able to get out of his Barcelona contract in the summer of 2011, when the fifth pick of last June's draft will be free to join Minnesota.
The news came as a blow to Wolves general manager David Kahn, who spent the past several days in Spain negotiating with officials from DKV Joventut, trying to present a worthy counteroffer to the one already on the table from Barcelona for the rights to the 18-year-old point guard.
Joventut had shown itself willing to accept a discount on Rubio's astronomical $8.11 million buyout, with FC Barcelona reportedly offering $5.28 million.

**** Kahn! He tried being slick and fuked the Knicks in the process.

Now sign Sessions? Put pressure on him to sign the deal...4 million for 2009-2010 and little (none if possible) guaranteed for 2010-2011.

Scipio

Benchwarmer
Rubio is going to be an NBA all star when he arrives. I watched a lot of Euroleague last season and he was amazing.

Particularly considering he`s only eighteen.

ok being that he is in spain, can we pleasssse stop talking about him until he gets here. Im tired of reading these threads hoping for some sort of pertinent information and then all i hear is the same story we all knew about months ago. When he plays a few nba games and does well then we can get gaga over him until then, save it for youtube.

now onto business.

predictions
projections
and training camp

as much as I know we arent going to be a winning team
I am still pretty excited to see how things are going to fold out having a quality coach in training camp for 2 years in the a row for the first time since van gundy.

how eddy curry is going to look
how gallo healthy will play
how chandler has matured
how we are going to sign or trade lee
whats up with nate
is toney douglas the real deal
how raw is hill
what can mike D do with darko
is harrington a true all star pf in this system
will duhon start again
can we trade jefferies
will hughes start

so many things this year im pumped.

Let's all forget about Rubio. He hasn't played a second in the NBA and who knows just how good he actually will be. I hope Walsh's infatuation with him dies down a bit because I think that is what has put a cramp in our off season as he has been waiting out the Rubio situation. Let's move on finally and make some moves.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Apparently Donnie never even tried to get Rubio over here.

"We haven't spoken to them [the Timberwolves] about Rubio since the day after the draft," Walsh told the New York Daily News.

I wonder why? What are they doing over there at MSG? You would think D'Antoni told Donnie to try and get him. Maybe Kahn was adamant about keeping Rubio and wouldn't listen to any offers.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Great, now in two years time we're going to talk about this asshole once again...

Can't wait for that! :vomit:

Last edited:

New New York

Quiet Storm
Apparently Donnie never even tried to get Rubio over here.

"We haven't spoken to them [the Timberwolves] about Rubio since the day after the draft," Walsh told the New York Daily News.

I wonder why? What are they doing over there at MSG? You would think D'Antoni told Donnie to try and get him. Maybe Kahn was adamant about keeping Rubio and wouldn't listen to any offers.

The Knicks never really seemed too excited about him! I remember last year Mike Dantoni let it be known how much he wanted Derrick Rose (for obvious reasons) and it looked like this year's focus was all on Stephon Curry, in fact there was more chatter about Tyreke Evans and Jonnie Flynn than Rubio.

Maybe Mike sees him as more style than substance? Who knows, I do know Mike prefers PG's who can shoot and Rubio is not one yet

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
Kahn Has No Interest In Trading Rubio To Knicks

Sep 04, 2009 7:58 AM EST
The Pioneer Press is reporting that Timberwolves president David Kahn has no interest in trading Ricky Rubio to the Knicks. Rubio has committed to playing in Spain for at least two more seasons. Kahn feels the Knicks have nothing of interest to offer in return for Rubio.
Via Pioneer Press
Minnesota Timberwolves, New York Knicks

If the Knicks don't get some assets soon then i highly doubt Rubio will wear a Knicks jersey anytime soon!

New to the forum...Just wanted to say what's going on to the people of this forum...Let's Get It Knicks.:gony: