Wolves And Sessions Near Offer Sheet

CoolClyde

Dammit!

Sep 04, 2009 1:05 AM EST
min_40.gif
After a long wait, restricted free-agent Ramon Sessions is reportedly on the verge of signing an offer sheet. Surprisingly, the team closing in on Sessions appears to be the Minnesota Timberwolves.
The Wolves have about $3.7 million of their mid-level exception available for this 2009-2010 season. Any offer sheet would need to be at least two seasons in length.
The Bucks would have seven days to match but it is believed that they are highly unlikely to do so since the team is only $1.6 million under the luxury tax threshold.
Wolves' GM David Kahn would add another point guard to his roster after Ricky Rubio's decision to spend two more years overseas.
The Knicks and Clippers were thought to be in pursuit of Sessions most of the off-season.
Via The Journal Times
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap/3/#

Way to make things happen, Donnie!
Will the Knicks make a move, or just play dead till 2010?

walshatwork.gif

waiting for Lebron...

Wolvesfan

Rookie
Booyah. Thanks for letting the Wolves have Sessions guys. He will be a perfect 2 year fill in while the Timberwolves wait for Rubio. Checknutz

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Booyah. Thanks for letting the Wolves have Sessions guys. He will be a perfect 2 year fill in while the Timberwolves wait for Rubio. Checknutz

You are a loser to the nth degree...who the hell signs up to another teams forums just to troll? I know shit is boring in Minnesota and it's a second rate state but get off our dicks. Go eat some smoked fish and jerk off to Fargo for the 100th time...loser.

BTW, Kahn is easily the worst GM in the league and squandered his chance at Rubio so being happy you may get Sessions is like being happy you draft Sam Bowie instead of Michael Jordan. We aint buying it!

Kiyaman

Legend
Sessions would've been perfect for the Knicks if.....we did not have a rookie combo-guard Douglas whom will need as much playingtime at the PG position this season to improve his growth into a pure NBA player.

Hopefully, Knick management wake-up for a second this month from their long 2010 nap, to resign both the Knicks best (if not the only) complimentary players on the court to a one year contract.
This way Nate's "energy" will still be there to give his teammates the spark to perform at a winning level, while Lee's hustle in the paint and great outlet passes could cover-up for his weak rebounding teammates so they could get their scoring-on rather than show how fragile they are in the paint area.

The Knicks need a veteran SG or a veteran PF with the 2009 MLE.
SG-Larry Hughes is an ending contract that might have an outstanding season this year, but he is not worth a Nickle or Dime to resign.
C-Curry and C-Darko is questionable for a coach whom is clueless on how to use a center in the NBA, so a veteran PF would be the best thing for the rotation.

ANU

Starter
I'd be pretty annoyed if this happened.kahn must really hate donnie.

You are a loser to the nth degree...who the hell signs up to another teams forums just to troll? I know shit is boring in Minnesota and it's a second rate state but get off our dicks. Go eat some smoked fish and jerk off to Fargo for the 100th time...loser.

BTW, Kahn is easily the worst GM in the league and squandered his chance at Rubio so being happy you may get Sessions is like being happy you draft Sam Bowie instead of Michael Jordan. We aint buying it!
lol, trill.

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
If we lose out on Sessions to the Wolves...I'm seriously going to be pissed. I understand Donnie likes to hold his ground until he gets his way but I don't want to lose out on a potentially great pg in Sessions that can run D'Antoni's offense. I know we believe that Douglas will turn out to be a good pg but it will take some time but the fact remains we need a pg NOW!...Sorry to say this but Duhon isn't going to cut it.

honestly I like it,
If he was askin for more than donnie was willin to pay then their is a good reason
Im still with saving money, and I still believe nate and duhon are both better 1 2 punches as options at pushing the ball up the floor than sessions, While sessions is a great talent, I feel duhon puts up the same exact numbers, and nate would probably avg 20 pnts 8 assists if he started for the bucks.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
**** off knob smoker...your GM is a complete tard. He gets wood over actively seeking too many pgs... Your team has always been shit and you prefer man juice

JayJ44

Starter
Rubio's never going to play for Minnesota, especially after this signing. Why would he want to play in an ass city, for a garbage franchise, when they already have 2 starting caliber PG's? David Kahn is quickly making his name as the worst GM in the league.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only

Lmao. Good one trillion. The only time he decides to post in a while and he gets shredded up. :lol:

KBlack25

Starter
How does this make Flynn feel? Obviously they aren't very confident in him as their starter if they needed to a) draft Rubio and b) get Ramon Sessions...

Honestly, why the hell did they draft Flynn to throw him into a rough competition for their starting PG job? Flynn and Sessions are not going to play next to each other, just like Rubio and Flynn were not going to play next to each other...

I'm honestly baffled at how crazy this situation in Minnesota appears to be, but as for the Knicks, it's time to move forward. Get Lee and Nate back in the locker room, and let's move forward...

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Rubio's never going to play for Minnesota, especially after this signing. Why would he want to play in an ass city, for a garbage franchise, when they already have 2 starting caliber PG's? David Kahn is quickly making his name as the worst GM in the league.

At this rate khan will be fired by opening night...

New New York

Quiet Storm

There is only one problem here, your idiot GM signed him to a 4 yr deal!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4445416

The writting is on the wall moran, Rubio will play as many games for Minny as Frank Weiss did for The Knicks!

Thank your GM for making a historically bad usage of a pick he traded two starters for. The Wolves had the oppotunity to have the best draft night and it turned out to be the worse!

He couldve traded Rubio's rights to Houston for Battier or to NY for Chandler and still signed Sessions

But I guess Ramon Sessions is a nice consolation to having a future Hall of Fame PG

metrocard

Legend
How does this make Flynn feel? Obviously they aren't very confident in him as their starter if they needed to a) draft Rubio and b) get Ramon Sessions...

Honestly, why the hell did they draft Flynn to throw him into a rough competition for their starting PG job? Flynn and Sessions are not going to play next to each other, just like Rubio and Flynn were not going to play next to each other...

I'm honestly baffled at how crazy this situation in Minnesota appears to be, but as for the Knicks, it's time to move forward. Get Lee and Nate back in the locker room, and let's move forward...

Flynn should be apretao(spanish for tight or mad tight)...but he's a professional, really nice guy.
He could end up being way better than Sessions, who knows.

Minnesota is clueless tho.
They're full of PG's and PF's.

KBlack25

Starter
Flynn should be apretao(spanish for tight or mad tight)...but he's a professional, really nice guy.
He could end up being way better than Sessions, who knows.

Minnesota is clueless tho.
They're full of PG's and PF's.

Not doubting Flynn's skills/ability/personality. Fact is, if I'm Flynn, I'm not happy at my new team's apparent lack of confidence in me.

mafra

Legend
While I'm not privy to exactly what Walsh offered Sessions, or even if a legit contract was ever extended to Chubby Wells....

Still, I have to believe that by opting for MIN over NY, well.... it pretty much sums up what Ramon Sessions is all about- and good riddance!

I'm not saying the Knicks are good, or have a good young core of players, or will sign Lebron James.... BUT, the truth is this is NY, this is MSG, we do have some decent young, rising player, and Lebron's pal (CC Sabathia) is in NY, Lebron is wearing Yankees caps and we all know King Lebron wants a bigger pond.

Oh, did I forget to mention we have a hole at PG, he could start here, and play in the best pg-friendly offense in the NBA (see what D'ant did for Nash).

Spurning NY for MIN pretty much sums up Sessions. If he's too blind to see what a golden opportunity he had here- then thank god he isn't here.

When we sign Lebron & Bosh- boy will he feel stupid. Even if we only sign Lebron.... AGAIN, good luck fighting for 9th place in the Western Conference and fighting for minutes on a team that just drafted TWO lottery PGs.

I CAn'T fathom Sessions being this stupid. I have to believe we never even bothered to make an offer. If this is the case- shame on you Walsh.