Before The Grizz get AI for nothing can we at least have a sit down w/ him?

New New York

Quiet Storm
Ok when I questioned us bringing in washed up players like Jamal Tinsley,Jason Willimas, and Jerry Stackhouse some of the know it alls on this site pointed out that Donnie was just doing his job

ok fair enough, but why are we not extending the same invitation to Allen Iverson

Look what issues could Donnie and Mike really have w/ Iverson that would be that much worse than what you could've had with Tinsley? Which of the two players stands to make the biggest impact for The Knicks next season?

AI is flirting w/ Memphis shows he has given up on playing for a contender and he is not looking for a long term deal, exactly what we are looking for!

I can see if we were set at the SG position I would say why take the risk, but that is currently our weakest position, WHY NOT TAKE THE RISK?

Just two seasons ago Allen averaged 26 pts and he averaged 17 in an injury riddled season on a defensive minded club all in while playing out of postion.

I know a similar thread has been created, but tommorow AI may sign a deal to be a member of The Grizzly for 9 million less than our highest paid player, that's just.....:barf:

at worse we sign him, he acts out and we buy him out! Really Could his off the court behavior be that much worse than Nate's on the court?

This is just like The Celtics picking up Marbury, their thinking was pretty much "Hey, Why Not?, if it works great, if not we move on".

The potential good out weighs the potential bad by a mile! AI puts us back in the Playoff hunt, represents us in the All Star game and makes our team more attractive for FA's, all at the basement price of 4 million if everything goes according to plan!

If not it was just a bump in the road and we move on

Duhon
AI
Wilson
Lee
Curry

Front court D and obvious issue, but Probably our most complete starting lineup in years.

yeah I dont believe we met with him, the closest I heard was that he tweeted the knicks were in the mix, and then a knicks organization anonymous representative responded that the rumors of AI to the knicks was completely untrue.

Scipio

Benchwarmer
I can`t see any reason that bringing AI to the club short term would be a bad thing.

Let`s do it Donnie !!

New New York

Quiet Storm
Nothing > Ai

So what you are saying is that The Knicks would actually be worse w/ Allen Iverson?

Please elaborate.

One more time Larry Hughes is our truest shooting guard and from what I can remember Mike Dantoni has not been all that high on him

Wilson can do ok at the 2 for a short time, but he not good enough at creating his own shot to be our full-time SG.

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
Iverson: Deal Done With Grizzlies

Sep 09, 2009 10:32 AM EST
Iverson_Allen_det.jpg

Allen Iverson says he's now a member of the Grizzlies. Iverson made comments on his Twitter page Wednesday morning hinting that a deal is done.

"God Chose Memphis as the place that I will continue my career. I met with
Mr. Heinsley, Chris Wallace and my next head coach Lionel Hollins," Iverson tweeted.

A few moments later, he wrote: "I feel that they are committed to developing a winner and I know that I can help them to accomplish that. I feel that I can trust them."

Shortly after Iverson's tweets, a league source confirmed to Yahoo! Sports that he has agreed to a one-year deal with Memphis.

Via Twitter (Allen Iverson)

So there's that. Iverson is in Memphis.

GetRealistic

Starter
the grizzlies look unbelievable

AI
MAYO
GAY
Z-BO
THABEET

wow

makes u flip like a whale

Looks like Mayo, Gay and a bunch of headcases. Shouldn't us Knick fans no better then anybody that a lineup full of stat page filler doesn't make you a winner?

Marbury?
Crawford?
Zbo?
Curry?
Francis?

tiger0330

Legend
They only play the game with one basketball, how are Zbo, OJ, Iverson and Gay going to share one ball. This team might look good on paper but they'll play sub-par D and have huge chemistry problems.

New New York

Quiet Storm
the grizzlies look unbelievable

AI
MAYO
GAY
Z-BO
THABEET

wow

makes u flip like a whale

The good news about that starting lineup is that Thabeet's lack of offense will be well hidden!

I do not understand this move for either party! at this point in his career AI and Mayo are pretty much the same player.

This is a great team to play with on the playground, but being that they are a western conference team is at best a 29 win season

the portable man

Benchwarmer
The good news about that starting lineup is that Thabeet's lack of offense will be well hidden!

I do not understand this move for either party! at this point in his career AI and Mayo are pretty much the same player.

This is a great team to play with on the playground, but being that they are a western conference team is at best a 29 win season

thing is if AI can finally fit in by shooting at least 44% and allowing mayo to be playmaker as well, it's gonna be hard for any team to beat em, on offense alone. they may not be able to guard, but i dont see many teams being able to guard em either

mike dantoni would probably love to coach this team now. they just need a good coach that'll give em an outline. theres so many offensive options on the grizz now, they dont even have to play defense

Kiyaman

Legend
The one year signing for our SG position....ding ding ding

Iverson can play SG under Duhon...Duhon is Eric Snow with 3pt shooting.

Thanks!!!

A simple one year signing which would've made a BIG difference in our strive to become an uptempo scoring team. Plus a player (AI) whom transition talents would've brought out the best in three of our expiring contract players Duhon, Hughes, and Harrington.

And members wonder why I made the "AI to Memphis" post.