Wally Sczerbiak Being a Knick?

I was reading the rumors section on Espn.com and it said something about Wally signing for a one year deal. If you have espn insider, could you post the article up so we could all see itI think the pick up of Sczerbiak would be a great move for us because he is a natural 2-guard that out team needs. I really do not see any downsides to this guy. He would easily be in our top 3 in shooting. He has nice 3 point range and also great stamina during crunch time. I don't know how he is defensively, but on offense... He would be a great addition to the rotation

nyk_nyk

All Star
He would be a 2-guard who can't create his own shot. He's better suited for a team with a great PG. No Wally.

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
I really wouldn't mind this. Come on we need someone that can hit a shot throughout the game. Hughes sucks and we know that chandler is not a SG! He's a SF. His shot isn't consistent. Yes we do have Nate but he's the spark of the bench. We need someone who can start and contribute at the SG position. If we do get Wally, Chandler can go to his natural position at the SF. I honestly wouldn't be disappointed if we get him for one year.

tiger0330

Legend
For what, so the Knicks can be another stop for Wally. Not exactly the type of player you want for a team that is rebuilding, he's more suited for a contending team that could use a veteran 3 point shooter.

Jmeyreles

Rookie
Getting Wally is not a bad idea, getting him for a one year deal is good. Knicks are rebuilding but we dont have a legit sg so what is there to lose. Unless Chandler plays sg but he's a sf. Wally is a great shooter so he might be prefect for this offense.

the portable man

Benchwarmer
u guys saying no are retarded, and sadly ur serious too

u would take raymond felton who shoots 39% and is slow as shit over a pure shooter who converts 49% and 41% 3pt for his CAREER, not to mention 14 ppg

this would be like getting the white allan houston, realize this and clean ur faces for once, this site makes me sick sometimes

so what if hes slow, we need someone that can knock open shots down and come off screens, not herds of slashers that shoot worth a brickhouse

robinson, gallinari, chandler can do the driving, let wally, gallo and harrington knock em down, it's amazing

this is what we need, please let this be true

a new era of reign has begun folks, msg is back like chinese cuisine

Kiyaman

Legend
Someone need to shoot Alan Hahn for writing this mess.
How did this guy get a job as a sports writer in New York, he have to be someone sorry son in law.

Wally Szczerbiak B-Ball days in the NBA been over years ago when playing for the Timberwolves alongside of KG, Sprewell, and Cassell.
Wally level of performance is so low that it is down deep in sinking quick-sand next to Q.Richardson.

HELL NO!!!

dan1608

Benchwarmer
Szcerbiak is a solid scorer with a good 3 point shot and jump shot, he can get open for a shot, but he can't function well defensively, he's one of the poorer defenders in the NBA. Defense should be the most important thing to the Knicks, who are one of the NBA's weakest defensive teams.

So, overall No.

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
Problems solved...2010 what? Lebron who?

this post is brilliant... get Wally then track down Travis Knight and finally bring in Frederic Weis.

2004-05-24sports_lakers.jpg

travis-knight.jpg

frederic_weis_main.jpg

paris401

Starter
this post is brilliant... get Wally then track down Travis Knight and finally bring in Frederic Weis.

2004-05-24sports_lakers.jpg

travis-knight.jpg

frederic_weis_main.jpg

i agree.. along with no-shot-no "D" lee, and mr bust "darko', we can be the envy of utah with an all white team.. and to be 'politically correct', we can have 'wide-load' curry as the 6th man...

sounds like a plan to me...

Paul1355

All Star
no

Wally is a good scorer but thats all he can do...he cant play defense and he is not a big passer in a passing oriented team that MIke D has.

We have Hughes, Chandler, and Almond looks like to be a nice surprise that could play guard for us....We also have Gallo who looks to have a good shot...is taller than Wally and has bigger upside...let's save some money for once instead of taking his big contract for one year...its pointless.