The Blueprint 3

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
the song forever young is amazing he goes hard on that, and thats not dissing the album it though it was sick after listening to it, hov keeps solidifying himself as a legend and his song a star is born is genius

YanksKnicks86

Benchwarmer
I like some of the songs but it's pretty lame if you ask me. It's to commercial for my taste, I wish Jay-Z would make an album like Reasonable Doubt, The Blueprint I and The Black album again.

Also for Rap album of the Year it goes to Redman/Method Man - The Blackout II. I can't find one bad line/lyric on the whole damn album not to mention the awesome beats to go along with each song.

"Yo, back when chef mami used to sell plates, we used to sell base
I learned to wipe my nose and wipe the prints off the shell case
Don't want no jail case, freedom miles standing at hell's gate
It's hot, and the devil's my cell mate
The game's addictive, I can't stop, it's like I'm chasing that first high
Like Betty Crocker baking that first pie
The beef we serving is stir fried, swerving all through your urban
Hurting, every gate and corner, you working, I'm
The bottom line, the school of hard knocks turn into Columbine"
- MM

One Example...I could post lyrics all day from that album.

Raekwon's new album is alright I don't think it even comes close to the first. Also my favorite Rap album of last year was GZA's Pro Tools.

And My most anticipated rap album coming out within the next 2 years LUPE FIASCO !

YanksKnicks86

Benchwarmer
We all know Lupe Fiasco is the best rapper out there as of right now. First first two albums Food and Liquor and The Cool are instant classics.

THIS...Nothing but good lyrics song after song on both discs. I love the production he gets too. You gotta mention Talib Kweli as well.

Also on The Blueprint 2 I like about 3 songs.

"DOA"(Best Jay Song since RD For sure, why can't he make a whole album of this style.)
"Empire State of Mind"(Despite it's popularity, that beat is catchy as hell and the Alicia Keys chorus is classic. Reminds me of The Yankees and the season they have had)

The rest is overrun with club beats and Young Jeezyisms

I also forgot about Jadakiss' new album which was alright.

Last edited:

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Hey everyone! Look what I found:

NAS ft. Alicia Keys and Rakim

Streets of New York(2003)

Jay-z copying NAS once again. Can't this ***** ever do something original??? At least have a different chick on the hook. Damn son.

Here's the same song but with "empire state of mind's" beat and hook. Notice that it sounds way better then with Jay's shitty rhymes. :lol:
Also, biggie is on this one(sky's the limit lyrics).

NAS ft. Alicia Keys, Rakim and biggie- the ill-remix

rady

Administrator
Staff member
1. So.. what exactly did he copy?
2. Song belongs to Alicia, not Nas, so if something was copied indeed (although i can't figure out what it was) it was from her.
3. They ended their saga a couple of years ago when Nas was featured on Kingdom come, time for everyone to move forward :)

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Wow, you make no sense. First off, I'm not talking about their "saga." I know they're best of buddies now. I'm simply referring to how this "empire state of mind" song bites off of NAS' style like crazy.

Here's a rap history lesson:

-Nas made the song "NY state of mind" in 1994. (Obvious rip off by jay)

-Nas, rakim and alicia keys made "streets of new york" in 2003(like I previously stated.)

Yea, alicia is madd gangster. Of course it was her idea to make a song called "streets of NY." Obviously she's recalling her hard time in the streets. How she use to stab people who didn't pay up or how she got her clit sukked for drugs :lol:

And of course we all know how many lines jay bit off of biggie. Also, taking Nas' "dead presidents" line from the song "the world is yours (remix)"

Now do you see why jay's so wack??? :lol: