#1 Priority this Year = Trade Nate Robinson

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
The only thing I agree with is that Nate can't control with his emotions, that he won't be satisfied playing 12 min a game, and that he will onyl play one more year....

Fact is that he willl play more than 12 min a game, Mike D and the staff is tired of Nate being a baby so they won't tolerate his rants, and Nate having only two years left?? or something of that nature as if saying he is a washed up player...this guys can jump over 4 feet...he will be around for a while.

His shot has developed tremendously...he should just drive to the hoop and draw as many fouls as possible to be a level up. He has to play like Dwayne Wade..little guys get the foul calls, especially with A+ athletic effort of always driving towards the basket.

Nate can be a starter on most teams, as long as he is consistent which is his main flaw.

You're on point with this one.

Only a hater would talk shit about an up and coming star like nate. He played well for our knicks!!! Support the lil' mofo :lol:

richtree

Rotation player
I am not questioning Nate's effort. He plays hard.

Nate is the only way we are going to ship out a big contract. Lee would have to be a sign and trade for the next team.

Nate is going to come down to 3 issues:

1 -- he will leave via free agency

2 -- he will want too much money to stay a Knick and probably Longterm

3 -- if we don't trade him early we risk losing our bargaining power.

So, Nate must go or else we have to find a way to do something in a 3 way deal to dump contracts.

pat

Starter
I am not questioning Nate's effort. He plays hard.

Nate is the only way we are going to ship out a big contract. Lee would have to be a sign and trade for the next team.

Nate is going to come down to 3 issues:

1 -- he will leave via free agency

2 -- he will want too much money to stay a Knick and probably Longterm

3 -- if we don't trade him early we risk losing our bargaining power.

So, Nate must go or else we have to find a way to do something in a 3 way deal to dump contracts.

You completely changed your train of thought here. First it was "N8" is going to slow down. Now it is "He is our only chance to get rid of our big worthless contracts." What is it then? If your last statement is true, our priority isn't shipping N8. It is only a bitter pill we'll have to swallow if we want to move ahead as far our real No. 1 priority is concerned: moving Eddy Curry's contract.

Its funny to me, how if nate puts up the same numbers he does now and the knicks have a real center, and a legit pg win 45 games, we all say he is vital to our winning ways. I believe half of our wins last year came due to nate taking over games. I dont believe he is selfish or has a me versus the other team mentality, I feel he does what it takes when no one else will to win basketball games. He takes the shots duhon air balls, lee passes up. he is our second best volume rebounder as per his height minutes played and time in the paint. led our team in steals, and was our number one fourth quarter scorer, and you guys cast him off as a flaw filled cancer. Typical new york fans, take our best and knock them down because we suck as a team. Get over it, Nate is probably our most talented, most efficient scoring, most energetic, enthusiastic, intense, consistent player on the team.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
By Alan Hahn

Nate Robinson will be signed to a one-year contract today and, according to a person with knowledge of the situation, Robinson, who was a restricted free agent who earlier this summer told the Knicks he had no interest in playing anywhere else, will get more than his $2.9M qualifying offer. There are also performance bonuses included in the deal.

David Lee, the team's other restricted free agent, is still unsigned, though his agent, Mark Bartelstein, and Donnie Walsh are in the midst of negotiatins on a one-year deal.

Was told the Nate Robinson signing won't be officially announced today. Details? Not sure. An agreement is in place, however.

As for the trade-veto question, I was told Nate would have to consent to any trades.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/the-knicks-fix-1.812055

Yikes! It looks like Nate may have a trade-veto in his new deal. So much for trading him this year to get rid of Eddy or Jeffries. Oh well, he's a 1 year rental I guess.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Let's hope not. Regardless, he's gonna be what he is wherever he goes and I can't see much of a style change occurring in him. So he must love NY.

I won't miss him too much as long as he's used to bait some moronic GM into taking on Curry.

TunerAddict

Starter
Its funny to me, how if nate puts up the same numbers he does now and the knicks have a real center, and a legit pg win 45 games, we all say he is vital to our winning ways. I believe half of our wins last year came due to nate taking over games. I dont believe he is selfish or has a me versus the other team mentality, I feel he does what it takes when no one else will to win basketball games. He takes the shots duhon air balls, lee passes up. he is our second best volume rebounder as per his height minutes played and time in the paint. led our team in steals, and was our number one fourth quarter scorer, and you guys cast him off as a flaw filled cancer. Typical new york fans, take our best and knock them down because we suck as a team. Get over it, Nate is probably our most talented, most efficient scoring, most energetic, enthusiastic, intense, consistent player on the team.

Yeah, and I can name you a bunch of games he he took us out of. How many games did he go into the 4th quarter and decide to drive 4 or 5 plays in the row, and then we're suddenly down 4 instead of up. He blew a lot of games as well, don't ignore that fact.

KBlack25

Starter
Nate is what he is...

Sometimes it appears the offense runs better with him on the floor, they are definitely faster. At the same time, his ball handling leaves something to be desired, and sometimes it looks like he is just out of control. I can remember several times where he just lost control of the ball running down court.

He's a high energy guy off the bench, but is he a particularly good POINT GUARD? No, not really, he doesn't have the ball handling or passing ability for that. But he IS a good basketball player.

He's fine for what he is, but what he isn't is a point guard.