Lebron would rather play for Dantoni than Frank

There is no way that Lawrence Frank can be the coach if Lebron comes to town. You pick an olympic gold medal winning coach, A former coach of the year, and Madison square garden. Or you pick The Nets with Lawrence Frank Aka Coleman Reese from bat man the dark night. I am sorry but Devin Harris is one of the most over rated, over shooting, turn the ball over half as many times as he gets assists, shoots under 30 percent from three yet still takes 5-6 a game. Played for a team with only one other option to score vince carter. Nate would of averaged 23 a game on the nets last season. C LEE is ok, Lopez im not sold on yet based on the fact yet again he was literally their third option and still only managed 11 ppg. Just Stop it.

harris sucks and is over used for his numbers. I would rather have duhon who looks on every play to set up his teammates, or nate who is a much more efficient scorer than harris. I would rather Chandler Or gallo Than C Lee in 2 years. Jury is out on J Hill but I feel right now if we keep D lee he is a better rebounder and more efficient finisher than brooke lopez, all be it lopez is a better defender Lee is right now the better overall player.

I see a line up of

Duhon/Nate ( or rafer )
Chandler/ Douglas
Gallo
Lebron /Hill
Lee/ darko

63-19 team

Being better than

Harris/ No back up pg
Lee / Terrence Williams
James / haha bobby simmons ok
Yi /
Lopez

55-27 team.

we have better passing, equal defense, better chemistry, better coaching, bettter shooting, and madison square garden. And the ability to add another player that the nets cant afford.

AlboKnickFan

Benchwarmer
There is no way that Lawrence Frank can be the coach if Lebron comes to town. You pick an olympic gold medal winning coach, A former coach of the year, and Madison square garden. Or you pick The Nets with Lawrence Frank Aka Coleman Reese from bat man the dark night. I am sorry but Devin Harris is one of the most over rated, over shooting, turn the ball over half as many times as he gets assists, shoots under 30 percent from three yet still takes 5-6 a game. Played for a team with only one other option to score vince carter. Nate would of averaged 23 a game on the nets last season. C LEE is ok, Lopez im not sold on yet based on the fact yet again he was literally their third option and still only managed 11 ppg. Just Stop it.

harris sucks and is over used for his numbers. I would rather have duhon who looks on every play to set up his teammates, or nate who is a much more efficient scorer than harris. I would rather Chandler Or gallo Than C Lee in 2 years. Jury is out on J Hill but I feel right now if we keep D lee he is a better rebounder and more efficient finisher than brooke lopez, all be it lopez is a better defender Lee is right now the better overall player.

I see a line up of

Duhon/Nate ( or rafer )
Chandler/ Douglas
Gallo
Lebron /Hill
Lee/ darko

63-19 team

Being better than

Harris/ No back up pg
Lee / Terrence Williams
James / haha bobby simmons ok
Yi /
Lopez

55-27 team.

we have better passing, equal defense, better chemistry, better coaching, bettter shooting, and madison square garden. And the ability to add another player that the nets cant afford.

What are you talking about?

I can guarantee you that you are not a bigger Knick Fan than me...

But you think Duhon is better than Harris??
Harris is an All-star my man. He is a big caliber point guard.

You think that any of our big man is better than Brook Lopez?
hahahaha Do you even watch basketball.?

He is an emerging HUGE star. Hes going to be the next Tim Duncan.

I hate the optimissim of the Knick organization and fans. Everyone is so optimisstic, on the other hand, we keep losing for years.

LOIOSH30

Benchwarmer
If Jersey could get Lebron, they would gladly toss Lawrence Frank out on his ass and hire who ever Lebron wanted as a coach...

I hate the optimissim of the Knick organization and fans. Everyone is so optimisstic, on the other hand, we keep losing for years.

your a jack..... wont even say it, tim duncan managed to win the rookie of the year award, all first team nba averaged 20-10 on a team with another star big man in his rookie year, and was nba finals MVP his second season
Brooke lopez is not even in the same stratosphere as duncan.

You lost me on that comment

mental midget

idiot

moron

fool

slighted

nonsensical lack of evidence opinionated poster

stop posting

LOPEZ next DUNCAN

laughable

AlboKnickFan

Benchwarmer
your a jack..... wont even say it, tim duncan managed to win the rookie of the year award, all first team nba averaged 20-10 on a team with another star big man in his rookie year, and was nba finals MVP his second season
Brooke lopez is not even in the same stratosphere as duncan.

You lost me on that comment

mental midget

idiot

moron

fool

slighted

nonsensical lack of evidence opinionated poster

stop posting

LOPEZ next DUNCAN

laughable

It seems like you are one of those CYBER GANGSTERS, who sits on his ass all day eating CHIPS and drinking SODA, watching TV, and being a member of over a 100 forums online.

Do you have a life outside your little computer?

p.s. If Brook Lopez is WACK or not the next Tim Duncan, then who do you think is better than him? Eddy Curry? Darko Milicic? David Lee? or who else?

Upss by the way, Tim Duncan had some class of players when he was drafted from the spurs. He had players like D.Robinson who he learned a lot from. On the other hand, Lopez came to a ****ed up Nets team who is trying to build. :D

You are a typical naive fan who probably thinks the New York Knicks can potentially win the championship this year.

I guarantee you one thing: I just want to say that if the NEts get Lebron, they will be True contenders because they already have another star in Devin Harris. Lopez as I said is a potential superstar. Then they have little pieces that they could build on. :D

keep chewing on your tootsie rolls

actually i am an ivy league graduate student, not a gangsta, and my only argument was the brooke lopez is no where near the player who tim duncan is or ever will be. come on now you actually are going to sit there and tell me that lopez is as good or will be as good as duncan arguably the best PF of all time. And I am not naive I am truly a believer that the knicks after being together for many years going into a 3rd season with the same coach for the first time since riley next year will be better suited for contention with Lebron than the Nets. The fact you attack someone on a personal basis , when the initial argument was against lopez being better than duncan exemplifies the fact that your knowledge in basketball extends as far as nate robinsons height.
please spare the nonsense, and argue basketball not personal opinions about posters on a knicks forum

dan1608

Benchwarmer
If the running to get LeBron was just between New York and New Jersey, that would be great and even then Cleveland would be the most likely to win. The Nets are looking for a complete change of image in 2010, their manage has been very smart. The team might move to Brooklyn (if everything works out). They have a very high amount of cap space They can easily fire Frank before the 2010 season.

As for the team, they do have a better supporting cast, for 2010 we have signed: Jordan Hill, Eddy Curry, Jared Jefries, Wilson Chandler, Danilo Gallinari and Toney Douglas. Thats our team, two rookies, two developing players, Eddy Curry (who is a liabiltiy that can't play defense) and Jeffries (who is a horrible scorer). We need some serious improvement. On the other hand, you have Devin Harris, Keyon Dooling, Eduardo Najera, Brook Lopez, Terrence Williams, Josh Boone, Sean Williams, Courtney Lee and Chris Douglas Roberts signed. That supporting cast beats ours by a mile, unfortunately. Our best players will not be resigned next year, with the exception of Robinson, who seems to be content in New York, but no deals have been made. Plus, LeBron is a good friend of Jay Z, who has a large stake in the franchise.

On top of that, most teams with any cap space left would love to sign LeBron and will make trades this year to do it. LeBron has the kind of talent that the whole NBA would go after. We have to compete with a lot of teams.

To even get LeBron we have to improve our situation. D'Antoni is a great coach, but his knowledge is rooted in offense plays. His offensive system is wonderful. But, he lacks knowledge on defense. We need to sign an assistant coach with strong defensive knowledge Lindsey Hunter, maybe.

If we can't trade Curry and Jeffries that will seriously hurt our team next year. Hopefully, we'll have a salary cap around this year's rate, but that seems unlikely. We need to sign a solid center, Marcus Camby maybe (he's affordable and can rebound, defend very well and score decent), Rafer Alston (can sign him, even above the cap for the mid level exemption, he is a good point guad, that can defend) and either Amare Stoudemire or Chris Bosh as a power forward.

After building a solid team, we can then give a solid offer to LeBron, if he declines (which is very possible), we continue to build our team around Bosh or Stoudemire (whoever we can acquire) and hopefully sign other players to build a good team.

Last edited:

bfab99

Benchwarmer
if the Brooklyn Nets get Stephon Marbury (from retirement) then i'll be scared of their potential as a team. Right now, The Nets are NOTHING. How are they better when they just lost Vince Carter? Makes no sense. Brook Lopez next Tim Duncan?! LooooooooooooooooooooL. Son you buggin!

Nets 2010 Lineup.

Starbury
Devin Harris
Terrence Williams
Andre Krilinko
Brook Lopez.

DYNASTY? I don't know..

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
For starters, Frank isn't likely to last long in NJ with the new majority owner from Russia. He wants to bring in some international coach (who's name I should know but don't care enough to look up). Secondly, sorry albo or whatever, Lopez ain't gonna be the new Tim Duncan.

thank you im glad that the majority of knicks fans understand a legend and a decent rookie. lopez put up Greg Oden numbers last season and every one is claiming him to already be the next big thing in the NBA. I am sorry I feel every bloats his value based on the fact the knicks could of got him, and that lead to hype talk over how good he would be blah blah blah. He is not that good man. I remember watching a few games, he did well against the knicks who have horrible interior defense, but at no point did he dominate.

to be honest if you think long and hard.

He reminds me more of a taller juwan howard , than a tim duncan.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
His stats were about even with Howard's rookie season, and he already has better shooting.Not saying he's near Howard's level yet, but nobody should predict a young man's future after one season especially since he had a good one.

Dude we are not comparing him to DwightHoward.

We are comparing him to Tim duncan, that was the initial statement that spurred this debate.

Not even Dwight Howard is at Tim Duncans Level.

Dwight Howard Overall has yet to put up overall numbers better than Tim duncans rookie season 21-12-2.5. Sharing the boards with david robinson as a rookie. If Robinson was not on that team duncan would of averaged 20-14 as a rookie.

Not Lopez

Not Dwight

Not any one other than Shaq can say they posted those kind of numbers

LOPEZ is a 2nd tier big man all the way, if he was a 1st tier ala olajuwan ewing robinson duncan shaq he would have posted better than 11-8. im sorry

but thats the bottom line.

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer

I dont know how Brook Lopez and Tim Dunkin names come into the same sentence other that they are both NBA players. Lopez is never going to be Dunkin. Although he is a talented big man he is more closer to Big Z than Dunkin.

Dunkin first stats on his rookie seasson:

PPG 21.1, RPG 11.9 BPG 2.5 APG 2.7 FGA .549%, ROOKIE OF THE YEAR

Big Z

PPG 13.9, RPG 8.8, BPG 1.6, APG 0.9, FGA 518%

Brook Lopez

PPG 13, RPG 8.1 BPG 1.8, APG 1, FGA .531%

Pretty good seasson numbers for a rookie but let s no even mention Dunkin here.

metrocard

Legend
No one is going to be Duncan, but Lopez's style is Duncan like.

And we failed as a franchise on passing on him...as well of many of guys.

We could of had a team of:

PG: Rondo (we picked Balkman)
SG: Fernandez (we picked Robinson)
SF: Granger (we picked Frye)
PF: Lee
C: Lopez (We picked Gallinari

good post MEtro , but Truly I mean you could go down the line of every losing team in basketball and replace the guy they did pick with a probable better player. The draft is a crap shoot, and thats exactly what we got. But who knows, what our players will become. We all can admit we are piece or two away from being a top notch team. We have the role players, now we need the real deal.

KBlack25

Starter
Brook Lopez is a solid player. But the next Tim Duncan? Get real...

Compare Lopez's stats to that when Howard was a rookie all you want, fact is Howard was coming out of high school and had a lot more adjusting to do to the NBA game than Brook Lopez had to do. Lopez is good, but he's no Dwight Howard either.

I see metro's point about failing by not picking Brook Lopez, but honestly I like Gallo. And consider this quote by Mike D'Antoni about Gallo recently:

?He?s the best shooter I?ve ever seen.?

Could just be hyperbole, but the team is high on Gallo, and I think we should reserve our judgment on whether the move was good another year. Gallo gets hurt again, then I whole-heartedly agree. But if this guy is as good as D'Antoni says he is then I'm fine with it.