Starters Vs. The Bench

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
Just for sh*ts and giggles...

10 games between the starters and the bench...
Fouls are called lightly so it's more like a street game...

Lineups

Starters
Duhon
Hughes
Chandler
Harrington
Lee

vs.

Bench
Robinson
Douglas
Galo
Darko
Curry

The starters lineup is pretty much the same from last year. I put both Curry and Darko on the bench since neither has proven they can start as of yet (this could of course change and you're welcome to do so on your lineups). Jordan Hill can also be thrown in but I didn't use him.

Starters: Quicker and better shooters so the floor is spread.
Bench: Half court game w/ the size advantage.

My prediction: Starters take it 6-4

Last edited:

ANU

Starter
i'd take the bench.I'd honestly believe that a darko curry tandem would work well.the back court is undersized, but they're a feisty duo.

douglas chandler gallinari lee darko is what I'm hoping for.

Kiyaman

Legend
Great Thread.

I would have to put Curry in the starting-lineup instead of Chandler, b/c Nate & Chandler off the bench is a dangerous weapon to have for more than half of the Knicks oposition at the start of the season.

Starters
PG-Duhon
SG-Hughes
SF-Harrington
PF-Lee
C-Curry

Dantoni have no other choice but to work hard in training-camp preparing "Eddy Curry" for the starting lineup.
We all know that maybe hard work b/c Curry knows the intentions of Walsh & Dantoni this season.
So the only way to out-smart Curry is to make him a Starter alongside of Lee & Harrington in the frontcourt with PG-Duhon letting Curry post-up downlow to get oponents bigmen in early foul trouble.
It does not matter if Curry just play the first 5 minutes of the first quarter with just 5 shot attempts before taking him out, each game Curry's pride will get the best of him when David Lee keep on dumping the ball downlow to him for an easy basket.

Bench Players
Nate
Chandler
Gallo

Should come into the first quarter after 6 minute to 10 minutes had run off the clock to start an uptempo transition system to run at the end of the 1st qtr. throughout the entire 2nd qtr. with a few minutes given to rookie Hill and Douglas to fit into the rotation in the first half.

I will not change my mind about Jefferies being a player u only use in the 2nd half of a game to pester one of the oponents top scorers, I believe the sameway about Darko.
I dont want to see another Kobe and Lebron 50 points show on the Knicks without us showing a tougher defensive rotation in the 2nd half.
Or Dantoni deserve the same treatment the Phoenix Suns fan and media gave him getting swept in the first round.
:boohoo::boohoo::boohoo:

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
Great Thread.

I would have to put Curry in the starting-lineup instead of Chandler, b/c Nate & Chandler off the bench is a dangerous weapon to have for more than half of the Knicks oposition at the start of the season.

Starters
PG-Duhon
SG-Hughes
SF-Harrington
PF-Lee
C-Curry

Dantoni have no other choice but to work hard in training-camp preparing "Eddy Curry" for the starting lineup.
We all know that maybe hard work b/c Curry knows the intentions of Walsh & Dantoni this season.
So the only way to out-smart Curry is to make him a Starter alongside of Lee & Harrington in the frontcourt with PG-Duhon letting Curry post-up downlow to get oponents bigmen in early foul trouble.
It does not matter if Curry just play the first 5 minutes of the first quarter with just 5 shot attempts before taking him out, each game Curry's pride will get the best of him when David Lee keep on dumping the ball downlow to him for an easy basket.

Bench Players
Nate
Chandler
Gallo

Should come into the first quarter after 6 minute to 10 minutes had run off the clock to start an uptempo transition system to run at the end of the 1st qtr. throughout the entire 2nd qtr. with a few minutes given to rookie Hill and Douglas to fit into the rotation in the first half.

I will not change my mind about Jefferies being a player u only use in the 2nd half of a game to pester one of the oponents top scorers, I believe the sameway about Darko.
I dont want to see another Kobe and Lebron 50 points show on the Knicks without us showing a tougher defensive rotation in the 2nd half.
Or Dantoni deserve the same treatment the Phoenix Suns fan and media gave him getting swept in the first round.
:boohoo::boohoo::boohoo:

I agree 100% with your strategy through a regular season game but in this thread I'm asking it in more of a Knicks practice scenario as if there wasn't another team to play against.

Put yourself in the coaches shoes and make a starting lineup then see how the bench would stack up against them(that's how it is in real practices anyway but there is no way for us to see it unless you work for the press).

Kiyaman

Legend
I agree 100% with your strategy through a regular season game but in this thread I'm asking it in more of a Knicks practice scenario as if there wasn't another team to play against.

Put yourself in the coaches shoes and make a starting lineup then see how the bench would stack up against them(that's how it is in real practices anyway but there is no way for us to see it unless you work for the press).

What your saying is:

Duhon vs Nate
Hughes vs Douglas
Harrington vs Chandler
Lee vs Hill
Curry vs Darko

Both lineups are somewhat even from a offense/defense standpoint.

Duhon vs Nate
Hughes vs Chandler
Harrington vs Gallo
Lee vs Hill
Curry vs Darko

The Starters would win everytime b/c Duhon & Hughes offense & defense would be to much for Nate & Chandler to handle.

That is where the missing backup SG is empty

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
The Starters would win everytime b/c Duhon & Hughes offense & defense would be to much for Nate & Chandler to handle.

I beg to differ. I think Nate's offense and just general speed would give him the advantage over Duhon on both sides. Nate's decision making is the only question mark. Lets also remember Chandler is a decent defender and Hugh's isn't amazing at creating his own shot so that limit his contribution. If Chandler has worked on his ball handle and let's just say his strength is the same as last season (which I hope is more/ if not he can still push Hughes around) that gives him the edge. But I like your Lee vs. Hill match up.

Kiyaman

Legend
I beg to differ. I think Nate's offense and just general speed would give him the advantage over Duhon on both sides. Nate's decision making is the only question mark. Lets also remember Chandler is a decent defender and Hugh's isn't amazing at creating his own shot so that limit his contribution. If Chandler has worked on his ball handle and let's just say his strength is the same as last season (which I hope is more/ if not he can still push Hughes around) that gives him the edge. But I like your Lee vs. Hill match up.

Chandler's ball handle is not well enough to get past a Duhon & Hughes tandem....their defensive abilities is what got them into the NBA, and is what has kept them in the NBA. Trapping Nate bringing the ball up court is a difficult job but the steady pressure would make Nate as in any PG look towards his SG and center to help get the ball pass the halfcourt line.
Making the offense a halfcourt offense each time where the play have to go to the peremeter shooter (Gallo) or a slasher with passing ability to hit the open man or get the foul (Chandler).
Which gives the Starters a 10 point win every time.

Kiyaman

Legend
Have u seen our Training-camp roster???

1) Duhon
2) Hughes
3) Chandler
4) Lee
5) Curry
6) Nate
7) Harrington
8) Hill
9) Gallo