45-37

LJ4ptplay

Starter
It will be hilarious to open this thread again by the end of the season. I just hope the people on here with ridiculous expectations aren't also the ones calling for D'Antoni and Donnie to be fired because we didn't make the playoffs.

Back to reality people...we're still probably the 3rd worst team in the east.

Bumped to show the ridiculous expectations of some fans.

*Favorites all of the "Fire D'Antoni" threads for next year*

Paul1355

All Star
looks like derekharpers prediction went completely South...i did agree with him at one point that we should be .500

if this team actually gave a crap and hustled and if Mike D never played Duhon, Jeffries than maybe we would be .500 or better....

this season was completely tanked because of poor coaching and a failure of leadership by Duhon and Harrington(our captains) what a joke

LJ4ptplay

Starter
looks like derekharpers prediction went completely South...i did agree with him at one point that we should be .500

if this team actually gave a crap and hustled and if Mike D never played Duhon, Jeffries than maybe we would be .500 or better....

this season was completely tanked because of poor coaching and a failure of leadership by Duhon and Harrington(our captains) what a joke

So you're saying that if Douglas or Nate had played instead of Duhon, and Hill or Darko had played instead of Jeffries we would be .500 or better?

Come on man, seriously, think about what you're saying. Replacing scrubs with scrubs would not get us 10 more wins.

When are people going to realize that we have one of the worst rosters in the NBA? Look at Nate in Boston now. He sucks.

Red

TYPE-A
Bumped to show the ridiculous expectations of some fans.

*Favorites all of the "Fire D'Antoni" threads for next year*

That's funny because I could show you articles that quote your famed head coach D'Antoni as saying..

he thought we had a realistic chance at the playoffs this year too!

O'well I guess that wasn't such an unrealistic expectation at all, was it. Even the "genius" D'Antoni thought so. SMH!

LJ4ptplay

Starter
That's funny because I could show you articles that quote your famed head coach D'Antoni as saying..

he thought we had a realistic chance at the playoffs this year too!

O'well I guess that wasn't such an unrealistic expectation at all, was it. Even the "genius" D'Antoni thought so. SMH!

What is he supposed to say to the media? We have no chance at making the playoffs?

Is a coach supposed to tell his players they suck and forget about trying to make the playoffs? Is a coach not supposed to believe in his players?

Is D'Antoni screaming for Donnie to be fired?

It's different when a fan expects one of the worst rosters in the NBA to be successful and then screams for everyone to be fired because they didn't meet their expectations.

That is being reactionary and irrational. Like how all of you said nothing when the Knicks were winning yet called for D'Antoni to be fired 6 games into the season.

You really have dug yourself a hole here. If we lose next year, you will gloat about the Knicks losing. If we win, you'll look like a jackass. It's lose-lose.

All I've been saying, is give the guy a chance. If he succeeds, great. If he fails, fire him.

I didn't want Donnie and D'Antoni at first. I wanted Colangelo and Thibodeau. But I haven't been screaming for them to be fired in the middle of rebuilding. I'll give them a chance after a proper evaluation period.

Red

TYPE-A
What is he supposed to say to the media? We have no chance at making the playoffs?

Is a coach supposed to tell his players they suck and forget about trying to make the playoffs? Is a coach not supposed to believe in his players?

Is D'Antoni screaming for Donnie to be fired?

It's different when a fan expects one of the worst rosters in the NBA to be successful and then screams for everyone to be fired because they didn't meet their expectations.

That is being reactionary and irrational. Like how all of you said nothing when the Knicks were winning yet called for D'Antoni to be fired 6 games into the season.

You really have dug yourself a hole here. If we lose next year, you will gloat about the Knicks losing. If we win, you'll look like a jackass. It's lose-lose.

All I've been saying, is give the guy a chance. If he succeeds, great. If he fails, fire him.

I didn't want Donnie and D'Antoni at first. I wanted Colangelo and Thibodeau. But I haven't been screaming for them to be fired in the middle of rebuilding. I'll give them a chance after a proper evaluation period.

Well, I DID say from a long time ago that even though I didn't like D'Ant's style/philosophy- of course I was willing to give him a chance. After years of him its becoming more and more clearer that he isn't the right fit.

I don't know who are you refering to about fire everyone b/c we didn't make the playoffs.

What is a coach supposed to say...? Well read what D'Antoni has been saying since and then tell me "it's what he's supposed to be saying". It has nothing to do with that and IT IS WHAT HE THOUGHT. stop the F*CKING EXCUSES. When he says one thing its disingenuous another he's real...please!!!!! That shit is pathetic.

If that's the case, what's a FAN supposed to say?

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Well, I DID say from a long time ago that even though I didn't like D'Ant's style/philosophy- of course I was willing to give him a chance. After years of him its becoming more and more clearer that he isn't the right fit.

Years?? Come on man, seriously. After 1 season + 6 games you wanted him fired. And without a complete roster. Give him a chance my ass. That's bullsh*t and you know it.

I guess you think Larry Brown is a bad coach, Greg Popovic would have been fired if you had your way, same goes for Phil Jackson. All of these guys couldn't win with out a good roster. Popovic coached the worst record in the NBA before he got Tim Duncan. The Knicks have had one of the worst rosters in the NBA this year and last year.

I don't know who are you refering to about fire everyone b/c we didn't make the playoffs.

I didn't say playoffs. You want him fired because we're losing. It's that simple. This is why the "Fire D'Antoni" thread has zero posts in it during the month of December. When we're winning, not a peep from anyone but when we're losing, create a new thread every day about how terrible D'Antoni is. SMH.

What is a coach supposed to say...? Well read what D'Antoni has been saying since and then tell me "it's what he's supposed to be saying". It has nothing to do with that and IT IS WHAT HE THOUGHT. stop the F*CKING EXCUSES. When he says one thing its disingenuous another he's real...please!!!!! That shit is pathetic.

So what is he supposed to say when asked what he thinks the Knicks can do this season? He gave the same answer last year.

And is he not supposed to have faith, or atleast publically display it, in his players?

I'm not giving him excuses, just asking you what he is supposed to say.

If that's the case, what's a FAN supposed to say?

An intelligent human being is supposed make judgements based on rational observations given the appropriate amount of information. Not on irrational reactions based on emotion and inadequate information. That is what bitches do.

I atleast want to see a functioning roster given to him before I call for him to be fired. If we build a roster next year and we still suck, then fire him. You can then gloat all you want about how the Knicks suck. What will you do if the Knicks play well? Will you stop posting here all together?

smokes

Huge Member
LJ, your points are valid, but its not fair to say it's irrational to want D'antoni replaced.

Bottom line is, with all the superstars in the world, without some form of defensive co-ordination and without a playmaking strategy down the stretch we would still lose games we should win.

Think how many decisive playoff games have been won or lost in the final minute. Think how many games are won on the back of clutch defensive plays.

So we can go into next year with a great roster and still falter on the road to success due to bad coaching. Rational thought says replace that coach before then so we have a greater chance of success.

knicksin60

Starter
I'm sure that the guy who doesn't want Knick fans to forget about a particular former Knicks player would want Knick fans to do just the opposite when it comes to this thread.

Red

TYPE-A
Years?? Come on man, seriously. After 1 season + 6 games you wanted him fired. And without a complete roster. Give him a chance my ass. That's bullsh*t and you know it.

I guess you think Larry Brown is a bad coach, Greg Popovic would have been fired if you had your way, same goes for Phil Jackson. All of these guys couldn't win with out a good roster. Popovic coached the worst record in the NBA before he got Tim Duncan. The Knicks have had one of the worst rosters in the NBA this year and last year.

I didn't say playoffs. You want him fired because we're losing. It's that simple. This is why the "Fire D'Antoni" thread has zero posts in it during the month of December. When we're winning, not a peep from anyone but when we're losing, create a new thread every day about how terrible D'Antoni is. SMH.

So what is he supposed to say when asked what he thinks the Knicks can do this season? He gave the same answer last year.
I'm not giving him excuses, just asking you what he is supposed to say.
An intelligent human being is supposed make judgements based on rational observations given the appropriate amount of information. Not on irrational reactions based on emotion and inadequate information. That is what bitches do.

I atleast want to see a functioning roster given to him before I call for him to be fired. If we build a roster next year and we still suck, then fire him. You can then gloat all you want about how the Knicks suck. What will you do if the Knicks play well? Will you stop posting here all together?
How ****ing stupid are you?

READ THIS CLEARLY:

I don't like D'Antoni's System/Philosophy EVEN WHEN WE WIN, I DONT AGREE WITH NOR LIKE HIS SYSTEM/PHILOSOPHY!!!!

Refer to my "let's end this" thread- lower sect. link on "ARGUING" PLEASE BEFORE YOU KEEP EMBARRASING YOURSELF. I don't like him- build a bridge and get over it!

Red

TYPE-A
LJ, your points are valid, but its not fair to say it's irrational to want D'antoni replaced.

Bottom line is, with all the superstars in the world, without some form of defensive co-ordination and without a playmaking strategy down the stretch we would still lose games we should win.

Think how many decisive playoff games have been won or lost in the final minute. Think how many games are won on the back of clutch defensive plays.

So we can go into next year with a great roster and still falter on the road to success due to bad coaching. Rational thought says replace that coach before then so we have a greater chance of success.

Smokes... I want some of what you're having!

and make it a double!Thank you.

clumsy

Rotation player
Ya i think that D'Antoni isn't maximizing on the other end of the floor.....

Jeff Van Gundy won some ugly ass games with a roster that had no business going to the NBA finals. I remember a ton of 76-71 wins. Does anyone remember Latrell's FG%...it was very low like 410%. Larry Johnson was shot with bad kness...Patrick Ewing too. Our best player was Allan Houston if i remember correctly and i didn't like him all that much....he was very good but not great.

Honestly we were prob the worst eastern conference team to make the finals in years.

clumsy

Rotation player
Come on we had Chris Childs and Charlie Ward....both are only marginally better than Duhon.....Chris Childs used get MAD Stupid fouls all the time. Kurt Thomas and Marcus Camby we beast tho. Seriously that was probably one of the worst offensive rosters ever tho that made the finals....it was through teamwork and Very solid D that we advanced.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
How ****ing stupid are you?

READ THIS CLEARLY:

I don't like D'Antoni's System/Philosophy EVEN WHEN WE WIN, I DONT AGREE WITH NOR LIKE HIS SYSTEM/PHILOSOPHY!!!!

Refer to my "let's end this" thread- lower sect. link on "ARGUING" PLEASE BEFORE YOU KEEP EMBARRASING YOURSELF. I don't like him- build a bridge and get over it!

So you were lying when you said you gave him a chance. You are so filled with bullsh*t it's not even funny.

Again, how come you never asked for him to be fired during the month of December? And only seem to post when the Knicks are losing? Seems odd to me.

Last edited:

LJ4ptplay

Starter

I find it very difficult to believe anybody crying for D'Antoni to be fired this early into his career and in the middle of a widely known rebuilding process is basing it on a system. If we had 35 wins right now none of these guys would be saying anything.

They can blame it on their disapproval of a system all they want but it's obvious they are just being the typical over-reacting New York sports fan and basing their opinions on emotion.

If D'Antoni fails, then I'm all for firing him. I have no allegiance to the man. But this franchise needs some kind of stability and these over-reactions based on emotion will only hurt the franchise.

Also, I agree defense needs to be part of a system. But those of you that say D'Antoni doesn't care at all about defense must not follow basketball very closely. Anyone who says that is misinformed.

clumsy

Rotation player
I find it very difficult to believe anybody crying for D'Antoni to be fired this early into his career and in the middle of a widely known rebuilding process is basing it on a system. If we had 35 wins right now none of these guys would be saying anything.

They can blame it on their disapproval of a system all they want but it's obvious they are just being the typical over-reacting New York sports fan and basing their opinions on emotion.

If D'Antoni fails, then I'm all for firing him. I have no allegiance to the man. But this franchise needs some kind of stability and these over-reactions based on emotion will only hurt the franchise.

Also, I agree defense needs to be part of a system. But those of you that say D'Antoni doesn't care at all about defense must not follow basketball very closely. Anyone who says that is misinformed.

Every coach cares about D. Not all coaches can teach it.

Red

TYPE-A
So you were lying when you said you gave him a chance. You are so filled with bullsh*t it's not even funny.

Again, how come you never asked for him to be fired during the month of December? And only seem to post when the Knicks are losing? Seems odd to me.

Sir you are an arguer. Read your own sh*t and realize how ridiculous you sound. You cannot accept the fact that...

1. We don't agree
2. You have no actual logic behind your refutes

I'll help you...

But warning, it only helps to make you look even dumber. Had you did some homework this could of been avoided.

First...

I know we'll have some ups and downs this season that will make a difference in how D'Antoni is viewed but with this type of ball I don't see how anyone could sustain pace through a championship.

just puttin' it out there

I can't wait to see this dude gone.

Dated Oct. 31, 2009

You stand corrected but...

Really does it matter WHEN I decided to voice (write) my opinion?

Of course to you it does, but maybe I can help you figure out why.

Here you go...

"2. Guilt by association
The idea here is to imply that some large group of people is correct, where they disagree with your opponent (?Everybody thinks...?), or that some large group of people are incorrect when they agree with your opponent. The fallacy in this type of argument is that the majority is not always either correct or incorrect.

5. Abuse
This does not necessarily mean name-calling, though that is always a good last ditch techinque.

6. The straw man
This technique involves setting up a fictictious or irrelevant situation and then using it to strenghen yourself or weaken your opponent. The point here is to appear to use your opponent's very arguments to set up a situation which you can then use to point out the obvious flaws in his position (whether or not there are any). Of importance is to emphasize the weakest of his points and ignore the strong points."

http://www.conroyhome.net/alan/Analyst/arguing.htm

Those are arguing techniques YOU attempt to use because you cannot discus the topic and accept someone's opinion. Read up.

Once again, please stop. I respect your opinion (and others), try and show me a little respect.

But just in case...

Really, that's called denial. Stop it.

Here's more of the same...

"Of course, SSOL also happens to be the reverse acronym for LOSS. D'Antoni's Phoenix teams were wildly entertaining, consistently successful?and always heading home before the Finals. D'Antoni didn't care that just about every NBA champ since the 1988-89 Pistons had won with defense; once teams slowed the Suns' tempo and systematically broke them down, their lack of commitment to D always surfaced. Always. They had a fatal flaw. It took us four years to realize it."

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=3797805

Nice and big for you!

paris401

Starter
he was 'NO-D'antoni with the suns, and his coaching remains unchanged..

if the suns had a 'red-hair' of "D", they would have beaten the spurs.

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
Ya i think that D'Antoni isn't maximizing on the other end of the floor.....

Jeff Van Gundy won some ugly ass games with a roster that had no business going to the NBA finals. I remember a ton of 76-71 wins. Does anyone remember Latrell's FG%...it was very low like 410%. Larry Johnson was shot with bad kness...Patrick Ewing too. Our best player was Allan Houston if i remember correctly and i didn't like him all that much....he was very good but not great.

Honestly we were prob the worst eastern conference team to make the finals in years.

D'Antoni's approach to the game is to outscore the other team. JVG wants to make the other team score less than his team.

Yeah, I miss the grind-it-out games JVG brought to the Garden.