Are we really moving in right direction?

jzero29

Rotation player
Are we really going in the right direction? I know the goal is to be patient and stay focused for 2010-11 season, but reaaly our big name aquisition this year is darko? we are suppose to rely on Curry? (it would be great if he could actually play this season.) Just not sure. David lee is going to leave, nate is going to be nate and is best served as a back up/ spark plug. Do we have any other talent on the team? Chandler is solid. I think we still lack that lethal shooter and an awesome point guard capable of running this team.

knicks1183

Benchwarmer
I think it's no question that we have been going in the wrong direction, we been going the wrong direction for near 10 years..But luckily with in the next 2 years we should be playoff contenders.. I like Dlee,nate and chandlers(at times) but a huge thing for us is seeing how darko and gallo play.If Galllo lives up to his hype, that will make things a little better.

New New York

Quiet Storm
I wouldnt say that we are moving in the wrong direction, but there are certainley things that I am not encouraged by

1.Our two Lottery Picks: I know it is still much too early to pass judgment on either, but as of right now Gallo and Joe Alexander -who was rumored to be high on our draft board in the 08 draft- look like the two worst picks in the very talented 08 lottery class. And Jordan Hill looks like doesnt know the game at all. Again still early, but at what point do we begin to question Donnie's ability to draft?

Plus lets look at some players Donnie and Mike Dantoni have passed on in recent years

Brook Lopez,Eric Gordan,DJ Augistine in the 08 draft

When Dantoni was the coach in PhoenixThe Suns drafted Rudy Fernandez only to trade his rights for cash in 07

The Suns also surrendered the Draft rights to Rondo for Cash in 06

Dantoni and staff also traded away Nate 05 for an aging Kurt Thomas.

is it fair to put all the responsibilty on Mike D for the Phoenix trades, no but the coach has a helluva lot of influence on draft picks, I just do not think Dantoni is good at analyzing young players. And the fact that Donnie wouldve passed on Rubio for Curry concerns me.

2. The Two Projected Franchise players playing the same position: Lets say Gallo is hitting all the shots he is missing (which eventually we all know he will) and there is no concern pertaining to his back, the problem is he and Wilson occupy the same position and neither has the skill set to play anywhere else. Wilson is bout as much a SG as Lee is a Center, And I just do not see Gallo as a PF so how do they co-exist?

3. Eddy Curry has not even played in a pick up game: Our ability to vastly improve our team is contingient on us trading him and he is currently out of the rotation

Last edited:

Paul1355

All Star
I think it's no question that we have been going in the wrong direction, we been going the wrong direction for near 10 years..But luckily with in the next 2 years we should be playoff contenders.. I like Dlee,nate and chandlers(at times) but a huge thing for us is seeing how darko and gallo play.If Galllo lives up to his hype, that will make things a little better.

As soon as Donnie Walsh and Mike D came, this franchise made a 180 degree turn the other way and that way is up.

We went from the most selfish team in the NBA to a team with a #1 goal of team chemistry. We no longer have Malik Rose, Quentin RIchardson, Jamal Crawford, and Zach Randolph who were all over priced players that brought this team down. This team is completely different....you can only go up from here.