Toney D: Draft Steal

Kiyaman

Legend
Toney D. gets involved in every play, if this guy is on the court for 5 minutes he is active moving around the ball that entire 5 minutes.
He should've been given the SG assignment throughout the preseason games b/c he looks like the best defender at the SG position out of Duhon, Hughes, and Nate. His dribbling skillz is decent but not up to par (yet) to bring the ball up-court in the regular season to many teams traps will catch him out there.
Nate or Duhon will have to bring the ball up court this season.
I see Toney D. taking all of Larry Hughes playintime this season, his team awareness puts him in the rotation early this season.

Toney D. is not "wandering" on the court like Hughes and Gallo walking and watching the next man (being active when they want to be active). This guy is in it to win it...

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
dudes a steal and he will make 20 or so GM's hate their lives for not drafting this kid. he's going to be a steal the same way Ginobli, Arenas, Parker, Williams etc are steals. dudes defense is lights out and he plays every second he's on the floor

once he has enough experience he'll be starting( midway through the season )

nyk_nyk

All Star
I'm really impresssed by TD so far but the real steal of the draft is Dajuan Blair. Once Tony gets his confidence level up a bit more and know his role, he'll be even better.

dan1608

Benchwarmer
I agree. He defends really good, I don't know if hes a true point guard. But, he's definitely a great back up. He should be a long term member of the team.

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
Douglas is a great defender. He's quick, goes after the ball, grabs rebounds, and overall puts a huge effort when he's on the floor. The only thing is his shooting is not consistent. Maybe he has to adjust and get a rhythm going but let's hope that he comes around and honestly i see a great player in him.

nixon7

Benchwarmer
TD big ups

I like Toney Douglass alot for all the things mentioned: defense, court awareness, hustle. His shooting will improve once he gets used to the NBA game.

I also like Jordan Hill more than most seem to. Of course he is raw, but this should not be a surprise to anyone who followed his college career.

Hill is a hard worker, has continuously improved his game, has great athleticism; but may take 2-3 years to fully develop. So what? Look at Chauncy Billups: he took almost five years to reach his potential. Give Hill and Gallo some time. Not everyone comes in and has an instant high impact.

richtree

Rotation player
lets be honest. Douglas is a good as a backup and most importantly he will be CHEAP for the next 2 years.

Players that can contribute on both Offensive and Defensive and don't have pricey contracts will be here for the next 2 seasons in our efforts to turn the Knicks around.

Douglas will be Here and Duhon will be fighting for backup minutes on a team like -- The SuperSonics/Sixers.

Peace.

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
I'm really impresssed by TD so far but the real steal of the draft is Dajuan Blair. Once Tony gets his confidence level up a bit more and know his role, he'll be even better.

Although I dont think Douglass is the steal of the draft( too early for that) he will def be a very solid pick at #29. As for Blair if he had good knees then I would say yes (but then again he would of been lottery). For a guy with no knees cartilages who will most likely wont be around in 3-5 years, steal of the draft is not the right word. Since he fit Spus ''win now before duncan is gone'' plans I would go with the best pick for the right team.

Paul1355

All Star
He is definetly a steal. Hustles...very fast...great defense...has an offensive shot..good court vision...this kid has alot of tools to be something.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Improved his shot. Still playing D. Real PG or no, this kid has game and FINALLY an opportunity to show it.

Fave player for sure.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
It was about time. Regardless of what he'll turn out to be (Maybe he'll be like Brandon Jennings and have a few hot games and then fall off, who knows), Douglas plays hard and he plays excellent defense as well. He's had some pretty good games...now if he keeps this up...

Paul1355

All Star
everyone knew this guy was better than Duhon and now he finally gets playing time and is showing that he was a steal in the draft.

3 million for his draft right? Donnie you have made yet another great move....give Donnie props.