Fatass Curry update

smokes

Huge Member
Eddy Curry's weight and conditioning problems have the attention of the Knicks' owner, James Dolan.

According to a source close to the team, Dolan was involved in the decision to keep Curry away from the club until he drops additional weight and is able to get on the court without suffering an injury.

The implications of Dolan's direct involvement in the situation are unclear. One possibility is that the Knicks are considering action to void the final season of Curry's contract.

Mmmmmm.. voided contract... mmmmmm

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I would love to see his contract voided but it is very difficult to do. I doubt it will happen. You know Curry will fight it and will have the NBA and all of their lawyers behind him.

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
I would love to see his contract voided but it is very difficult to do. I doubt it will happen. You know Curry will fight it and will have the NBA and all of their lawyers behind him.

If he would of posted the whole article we could see that the Knicks won't do that.

The Knicks could conceivably pick a fight with the Players Association to void the last year of Curry's contract. However, it is doubtful that the Knicks would explore that option for several reasons. For one, Walsh believes Curry can salvage his career. Plus, the Knicks probably don't want to pick a fight with Curry's agent, Leon Rose, who also happens to represent LeBron James.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/2009/10/21/2009-10-21_new_york_knicks_to_center_eddy_curry_shape_up.html#ixzz0UabVNUSM

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...ork_knicks_to_center_eddy_curry_shape_up.html

New New York

Quiet Storm
No chance at a voided contract! Look if Chicago could not do it to Jerome James then no way we could with Curry. I wish there had been a weight stipulation in his contract!

But really how hard is it for a 26 Pro Athlete to stay in shape? Look if any of us were to get out of shape it would be due to a lack of time and resources, no athlete in The US has that excuse!

Even with an eating disorder -which it is obvious he has- he should still be burning enough calories to keep himself from putting on weight just by doing his job!

nyk_nyk

All Star
Even with an eating disorder -which it is obvious he has- he should still be burning enough calories to keep himself from putting on weight just by doing his job!
Excellent point. As far as voiding the contract, that will not happen for many resons but the most important is that they WILL NOT burn bridges with the King's representation.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Excellent point. As far as voiding the contract, that will not happen for many resons but the most important is that they WILL NOT burn bridges with the King's representation.

He could have a thyroid condition. That said I think Curry just doesn't have the heart to stay committed long enough to see results.

I honestly believe Mike D's impression of what is or isnt in shape is probably a little bit more extensive than some other coaches. I understand curry got hurt, but at the same time, when Mike D says that half of his team looks out of shape and has no legs under him, meanwhile if you watch the games they are still running all over the place, you get the idea that Mike D has more to do with this than any one else. Thats why I like Mike, he isnt going to plug in some one who will slow down his system just to plug them in, that will only cause turmoil with the players curry is taking minutes from. Similar to marbury last year in that players had the right attitude and chemistry, he pulled the plug on marbury to save the chemistry of the team. Like Craw, Like Zach, Like James, Like Q, curry has not gotten the point that you run hard for Mike D or you are gonna sit, or get shipped out.

......45-37.......

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Team president Donnie Walsh said Curry will be reevaluated Sunday, and that he expects him to be practicing by Tuesday.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knic...ying_for_F7wMUEgIHfFcm1NaGCR1IP#ixzz0W0dpsfQu

He's been training for over a month now. How f*cking long does it take to get in shape. Most players would be working very hard to get back with the team. Or at least get the players union involved for being banished from the team. Makes you wonder if Curry has any motivation at all.

I'm sure Curry knows Donnie wants to trade him the first chance he gets so maybe that plays into his lack of effort.

I really think Donnie needs to come to reality with this and realize there is no way Curry can be traded before the deadline. It's time to adjust the 2010 plan a little. It's success hinged on trading Curry.

dre48ny

Rotation player
He's been training for over a month now. How f*cking long does it take to get in shape. Most players would be working very hard to get back with the team. Or at least get the players union involved for being banished from the team. Makes you wonder if Curry has any motivation at all.

I'm sure Curry knows Donnie wants to trade him the first chance he gets so maybe that plays into his lack of effort.

I really think Donnie needs to come to reality with this and realize there is no way Curry can be traded before the deadline. It's time to adjust the 2010 plan a little. It's success hinged on trading Curry.

If Walsh can trade this guy he is officially a genius!! Who the hell wants a fat bastard that can't get on the court and when he does only lasts 2 minutes!! He is the nba version of premature eyaculation!! He is stealing money from the Knicks!

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I'm being overly optimistic here, but what if...what if...Curry comes back and we start on a winning streak? If he averages 12 pts, looks fluid with his post moves and we get lucky and win 5 in a row. He actually might be tradeable then.

I don't care if we lose every single game for the rest of the year. If Curry is traded for an expiring contract (almost impossible) then this was a successful season.

Curry set for latest comeback attempt

By MARC BERMAN
Last Updated: 6:17 AM, November 10, 2009
Posted: 3:10 AM, November 10, 2009

"Eddy Curry: The Comeback, Part V" is unveiled today.

The Knicks, who suffered a 95-93 loss to the Jazz at the Garden last night, are so desperate, coach Mike D'Antoni is even looking forward to center Curry making his long-awaited return to practice today.

Curry, who hasn't practiced since injuring an obscure calf muscle on the first night of training camp, has been cleared to practice and could make his debut next Wednesday in Indiana if all goes well.

Curry was banished from the team in early October with the goal of losing weight after his ballyhooed summer conditioning program didn't get him in good-enough shape.

Curry came to camp having lost 30 pounds, down to 317, but it wasn't enough.

Curry is believed to be in the 305-pound range. Part of the Knicks' desperation to make him a viable player is to increase his nonexistent trade value. If they can deal his contract, which runs through 2011, the Knicks could be in position to sign two maximum contracts in 2010 free agency.

Asked about Curry's new weight loss, D'Antoni cracked: "He looks good. I might want to date him."

Turning serious, D'Antoni said, "He looks like he's ready to roll."

Curry did not travel with the team or attend games while on his conditioning stint, during which he worked out twice a day.

"He's been working unbelievably hard," D'Antoni said. "He's going on a pace that's murderous. He feels more comfortable with us than being with you guys (the media)."

Even team president Donnie Walsh has raved about how Curry looks, but was cautious on whether this latest comeback is legitimate.

"I'm not certain," Walsh said. "That's the whole idea. We have done everything we can to get him to a point where he can do that. But until he does it, I'm not certain."

Curry, who played in three games last season because of being overweight and burdened by sore knees, will have to deal with rust and reaction time more than anything after missing all of preseason. This will be Curry's first practice since Sept. 29 -- nearly six weeks.

After Friday's game vs. Golden State, the Knicks have four straight practice days after which they hope he can be ready to play.

Walsh said he's open to a trade, but only if he's getting back an expiring contract. He has no interest in Memphis' Allen Iverson, who has already worn out his welcome.

Utah's Carlos Boozer (23 points, 14 rebounds) had appealed to Walsh over the summer as he is in the last year of his deal and Utah isn't prepared to re-sign him because of luxury tax concerns. But Boozer is still an All-Star caliber player and unless the Jazz fall out of the playoff race, the Jazz wouldn't want anything on the Knicks roster.

"It depends who it is," Walsh said. "If it fits in with what our philosophy is." . . . Darko Milicic was a DNP.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knic..._attempt_BAZsvLWo3gu6L1zslur5OM#ixzz0WTDfO57Z

LeFlume

All Star
Just forget that he could be traded. It won't happen. No GM is that dumb. They know what everybody else, including Eddie himself knows. He is over and done with and will never play in the NBA again.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Just forget that he could be traded. It won't happen. No GM is that dumb. They know what everybody else, including Eddie himself knows. He is over and done with and will never play in the NBA again.

I know. You're right. I guess I woke up this morning in a hopeful mood. Thanks for bringing me back to reality.

On the bright side, Curry's expiring contract and Jeffries' expiring contract will be very valuable starting draft day in 2010 up until the 2010-2011 trade deadline. Hopefully we can trade them on draft day for a decent player. I don't think I will be able to stomach seeing both of them on the roster next year.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Why would any GM trade for Curry when its all out in the open that he's a bum and the Knicks are just trying to make him look good for the purposes of trading him for a chance at 2 max FA??? If the Knicks have absolutely ZERO faith in him then why would any other team? The team that actually trades for this dude will be a laughing stock.

paris401

Starter

u r prob rite....BUT... i thought there was no way we could move stevie franchise, and we did..same for zach 'the blackhole'... gone.... so... maybe there is this siliver of hope...

LJ4ptplay

Starter
u r prob rite....BUT... i thought there was no way we could move stevie franchise, and we did..same for zach 'the blackhole'... gone.... so... maybe there is this siliver of hope...

This is exactly why I think it's possible to trade Curry and Jeffries on draft day. Steve Francis was an expiring contract traded on draft day. Curry and Jeffries will be expiring contracts.

We need to focus on teams that have decent players that could fit well in D'Antoni's system but have bloated (large/long-term) contracts. These teams also need to be in rebuilding mode or just looking to dump salary (there are always a few teams that just want to be cheap).

Some examples:
Monta Ellis
Kevin Martin
Josh Smith
Kirk Hinrich

That's all I can think of (or would want on the Knicks that meet the above criteria) What would be some other possibilities?

oilcan

Rookie
how about the guys they have showing some heart. This Gallanari guy needs to get physical get inside and rebound and draw fouls same goes for Harrington. To think they need to buy a team is a joke. I'm really disappointed in D'antoni's ability to get them to play real basketball, COME ON COACH