Game 2 NJ v NY

kevin

Benchwarmer
I think Knicks will come out a lot more agressive and take that hit that TT got personally and the knicks will pull out the victory by 15 points. Sweetney will have a double double along with Naz baker and KT. Shandon Anderson will get a DNP-CD.

OK real predictions we fight really hard keep it close most of the way but fade when it really counts but kick their ass when the series moves the the garden. 97-90

what are your predictions

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
hopefully the first scenario where fdub knocks the shit out of jkidd and one of our many forwards (vinny maybe) knocks the shit out of collins.

TrueBlue20

Benchwarmer
The Knicks definately need to take what happen to TT personal and come out very agressive. If they play defense like they are capable of playng then we can definately beat the Nets.

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
as long as the knicks play decent d in half court the nets wont win. hopefully they will play some mad d in game 2.

p

WiL8000

Rotation player
One thing is for sure, the Knicks have got to play aggessive towards Collins after that foul last game. They have to show that they won't tolerate getting roughed up like that. Frank Williams has a score to settle with Kid as well. From what I hear, Marbury will play the 2 spot tonight. Mutombo may play a bigger role as well.

JJtheKnick

Starter
i think penny will be playing tim thomes and if he is playing like he use to play in the 90s the knicks will have a better chance but if not i dont think the knicks will make it to second round

allan20

Benchwarmer
tim thomas won't be playing :(

Game Preview:

EAST RUTHERFORD, New Jersey (Ticker) -- The New Jersey Nets seek to continue their playoff domination of conference opponents on Tuesday when they host the New York Knicks in Game Two of an Eastern Conference first-round series.

New Jersey has won 11 straight postseason games against teams from the Eastern Conference after an 107-83 rout in the Saturday's series opener. It is the longest run in history by an East team.

Richard Jefferson scored 21 points and Kerry Kittles added 20 as New Jersey held a 28-4 advantage in points on the break and shot 50 percent. Jason Kidd collected 14 points and 13 assists.

New York may be without swingman Tim Thomas, who scored 12 points in the opener. Thomas, a New Jersey native, was fouled hard by Jason Collins on Saturday and was diagnosed with multiple muscle contusions to his lower back. He is listed as questionable.

MEANINGFUL MATCHUP: Jason Kidd vs. Stephon Marbury. Kidd scored a resounding victory in Game One with a terrific all-around performance. Marbury had the complete opposite performance, failing to register a point or assist in the second half. The Knicks claim they will make an adjustment and have Marbury handle the ball less in response to double-teaming by the Nets.

WHO'S HOT: Knicks: G Penny Hardaway scored 18 points, relying on a steady jumper for most of his production. ... Rookie F Mike Sweetney showed no nerves and scored 12 points in his first playoff game. Nets: G Richard Jefferson, who averaged 16.5 points in the regular season against the Knicks, scored 21 points in Saturday's win. ... G Kerry Kittles made his first six shots and netted 20 points.

WHO'S NOT: Knicks: F Kurt Thomas has been bothered by a hand injury and was just 1-of-10 in Game One. Nets: F Rodney Rogers and G Lucious Harris - two key components on the bench - combined to make 2-of-12 shots in Game One.

STREAKS: The Nets have won their last eight home meetings with the Knicks, including the regular season.

SEASON SERIES & HISTORY: New Jersey is 10-2 against New York in the regular season since Kidd joined the team.

INJURIES: Knicks: G Allan Houston (knee) did not play in Game One and is unlikely to play in this series; F Thomas is questionable due to multiple muscle contusions in his lower back. ... Nets: None.

e_D

Benchwarmer
Hopefully Dermarr will step up in TT's absense.. We also need to hope that Penny running the point will let Steph get the 35 points we desperately need.. I also think it might not be a bad idea to start Sweets over KT, cuz he prolly aint gonna do nothing.

WiL8000

Rotation player
I watched this game last night and like most of you, I was very displeased. Certainly the effort was there, but the shots were not falling. I expected the Knicks to have an answer to the double teaming on Marbury. When the Nets were double-teaming him, none of the Knicks came back to help, thus Marbury would have to try a risky, sometimes long pass, and half the time it resulted in a turnover.
The tension in this game was awesome, but the Knicks were making stupid decisions, and the shame of it all was that Marbury cooled off during the second half of the game. Hopefully the next game at the Garden will give them a boost, but they need to have an answer for the double teaming on Marbury, in order to get something going.