Starting Lineup

What does everybody think the starting line up is gonna be Tuesday in Miami? I think to give us a boost over the Heat, we need the following starters...

PG - Chris Duhon
SG - Nate Robinson
SF - Al Harrington
PF - David Lee
C - Darko Milicic

We need Duhon to cover Chalmers (That should be an easy matchup)
Nate Robinson can match Wade in scoring and keep him busy
Al Harrington has an easy advantage over the mentally troubled Michael Beasley
David Lee & Darko Milicic can provide us with the necessary strength we need in the paint against Haslem and O'neal

And if we need a boost off the bench, just call on Douglas's Defense, Gallo's 3 point shooting, & Chandler's toughness. Lets hope on a great playoff push from our boys:thumbsup:

What do you guys think should be the lineup in Miami?

SilentJay

Rookie
It's fun to play around with the line up. So I'm gonna throw the eventual lineup (not immediate) of Duhon, Chandler (once his handle and agression improve), Gallo (once he that gets much needed quick step and strength),Harrington and Darko (his presence is essential on both sides of the court). Then you'd have a ton of energy and scoring flying off the bench with Douglas, Nate, Lee and Jeffries. Of course, it's an alternative I'm throwing because I don't want to be undersized right out of the tip by having Duhon and Nate. Both the starters and the guys coming out of the bench will provide intensity on D and consistent offense.

Of course it'll never happen, Lee has to start (by what was shown on the preseason he'll most likely start at the 4 and JJ at the 5). Chandler will be at the 3. My doubt is at the SG. Mike D has been hinting Lil Nate as a starter, but there's no way to tell what will happen. Of course, as it has been said: who finishes is much more important than who starts.

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
What does everybody think the starting line up is gonna be Tuesday in Miami? I think to give us a boost over the Heat, we need the following starters...

PG - Chris Duhon
SG - Nate Robinson
SF - Al Harrington
PF - David Lee
C - Darko Milicic

David Lee & Darko Milicic can provide us with the necessary strength we need in the paint against Haslem and O'neal

And if we need a boost off the bench, just call on Douglas's Defense, Gallo's 3 point shooting, & Chandler's toughness. Lets hope on a great playoff push from our boys:thumbsup:

I'm sorry but Nate would get ate up by Wade in every way... start Chandler to give us a chance at stopping him on D.

Darko isn't gonna start at all... especially since he never did in preseason.

Duhon
Nate
Will
AL
DLee

paris401

Starter
with the players we have, i can envison the 2010 class of free agents, taking less $$$ to come and play in new york... def pencil in lebron and wade... we mite even be able to to somehow get amare or bosh (not both) to sign along with lebron and wade.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
with the players we have, i can envison the 2010 class of free agents, taking less $$$ to come and play in new york... def pencil in lebron and wade... we mite even be able to to somehow get amare or bosh (not both) to sign along with lebron and wade.

Is this a serious statement or a joke?

SgtOrange

Benchwarmer
PG- Duhon
SG- Nate
SF- Chandler
PF- Harrington
C- Lee

I really don't like this lineup but it's the one we'll start with this season. I really think we need to move Chandler/Nate for a legit SG to contend for the playoffs.

robert56

Benchwarmer
PG - Chris Duhon
SG - Nate Robinson
SF - Al Harrington
PF - David Lee
C - Darko Milicic

I agree with this line-up. Just because Darko didn't start during the preseason don't mean a thing. The preseason isn't setup to figure out who you are going to start, but to give some of the new players and rookies time to adjust to the team and coach. The preseason doesn't count for anything.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Is this a serious statement or a joke?

I hope not, so I can make it my sig for being the Dumbest Post I have seen in my two years!

We should use my 2K starting five

Duhon (no other choice)
Chandler
Harrington
Lee
Darko

My lone concern is that I think Darko is one of those players who looks better as a bench player than a starter, but I would love to be wrong about that!

If dantoni was smart he will start a real center with good defense this what I don't understand sometimes he just baffles me with these starting line ups and he knows milicic defense is better than jefferies I wanna win not experiment.

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
According to Alan Hahn's blog D'Antoni confirmed that Al Harrington, Jared Jeffries, David Lee, Wilson Chandler and Duhon will start in the season opener.

Case closed.

CoolClyde

Jefferies can suckit

According to Alan Hahn's blog D'Antoni confirmed that Al Harrington, Jared Jeffries, David Lee, Wilson Chandler and Duhon will start in the season opener.

unfortunately, Jared Jeff remains No-D'Antoni favorite... hopefully to showcase for trade ASAP.

This starting lineup leaves a decent 2nd team: N8, Douglas, Gallo, Darko, Landry, Hill(?), Hughes; could be a better defensive squad, with N8 and Gallo lighting it up.

If Wilson can guard Wade, I'm all for it, but I prefer N8 starting and JaredJeff off the bench.

:smokin:

Kiyaman

Legend
For the Heat game

PG-Duhon
SG-Hughes
SF-Chandler
PF-Lee
C-Darko

The Knicks will need the strong depth of Nate, Toney D., Gallo, and Harrington off the bench.
Starting bum Hughes on Wade wont get other players in early foul trouble, and maybe Wade could talk some sense into Hughes raggedy performance.

Damn.....I am forever leaving out Jared Jefferies. who ever thought Jefferies would be worth 12 mpg, let alone a starter in the NBA.......
I put Darko as a starter b/c David Lee is the only player that can help him have a decent outing.

Kiyaman

Legend

Case closed.

Not a very bright lineup considering whomever defend Wade the first 6 minutes will get in early foul trouble.
And Wilson Chandler should be glued to Beasely in this game, or given the task to defend Wade in the 4th qtr.

But what do I know, Dantoni is smarter than me.....LOL LOL LOL

dre48ny

Rotation player
Sizewise the line up starting Hughes @ SG and Chandler and SF make sense. I agree with Kiya's lineup.

portega1968

El Cacique
the official starting 5 are:

Duhon
Chandler
Jeffries
Harrington
Lee

Darko, Gallo, Nate and Toney-D round out the rotation.

I dont know what ya'll debating if this is what it is.

Nate and Darko are better off the bench and Tony D will eventually replace Duhon.

Gallo should replace Jeffries eventually.

Hughes aint seeing his ass off the bench

Paul1355

All Star

PG - Chris Duhon
SG - Nate Robinson
SF - Al Harrington
PF - David Lee
C - Darko Milicic

Thats a better lineup then what Mike D is going to put out there. For some reason Mike D has a hard-on for Jeffries all this time and hasn't realized how valuable Darko is to this team.