Fire D'Antoni!

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Crazy⑧s;193374 said:
Was that the Chandler oop? That was a second effort off of a broken play. A lucky break resulting from previously poor execution.
Yeah, that was the alley-oop, I found it impressive because of some creativity this team showed.
Crazy⑧s;193374 said:
Where are you from, anyway? :smokin:
Netherlands.

Red

TYPE-A
Don't y'all get it? We are trying to win the three point contest!

Seriously though...

Or strategy leaves us with one way to win: hit outside shots

And many ways to lose.

The best thing I can say is hopefully we make the playoffs on a hot streak. I'll take a win, but I don't like winning like this; where we are just chucking, can't hold leads, don't exploit anyone in the post, everyone standing passing the ball around the perimeter, hoping jumpers fall.

Don't like it.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee

Seriously though...

And many ways to lose.

The best thing I can say is hopefully we make the playoffs on a hot streak. I'll take a win, but I don't like winning like this; where we are just chucking, can't hold leads, don't exploit anyone in the post, everyone standing passing the ball around the perimeter, hoping jumpers fall.

Don't like it.

I despise it. I want it obliterated, and quickly! I'm on the verge of arson.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Crazy⑧s;193385 said:
Netherlands, eh? You speak German natively? I should know that, but I don't.
German is actually my 4th language and it's far from perfect, natively I speak Dutch (which is very close to German).

Red

TYPE-A
Crazy⑧s;193387 said:
I despise it. I want it obliterated, and quickly! I'm on the verge of arson.

Think of how you feel when those shots are dropping.

I said if we were going to change, it should have been during this off season. That way we could adopt a new strategy, and hopefully get it down come playoffs.

Now there's no shot at changing mid-season. We're stuck with a coach who almost no one agrees with his approach, and will probably still have to change.

The worst part is IF we start gelling. Then there will be a false sense of security. I can't deny, when it works- it works. We have beaten some pretty good teams.

That was contingent on us being red hot from outside, while our opponents struggled or had key players hurt.

We seen this system at its best, and its worse. At best, how anyone feels secure that it can be replicated during the playoffs, is beyond me.

Last edited:

Red

TYPE-A
We have to admit our biggest mistake was being convinced about D'Antoni.

1. Our drafting would have been different leading to a more optimal mix of players by now

2. Our player development would be much better by now

3. We would have been a perennial playoff team by now, at least on par with Portland

I guess it just wasn't in the cards. We've had two top ten draft pick opportunities and an owner & GM willing to spend and back up our coach. Although all is not lost. We still acquired some talent, and can right the ship.

But whatever we do to correct this mistake, it must be quick.

I hear coaches defending Mike such as JVG. I can only conclude that either this is the politically correct thing to do or JVG doesn't really watch us night in and out. I know he knows better than that.

The same day he defended Mike, our team shot over 40 threes.

Now whether MOA is directly telling players to do this, or this is how his instructions are translated really matters not. The body of work and different rosters have interpreted MOA's philosophy to do the same thing

KingofNy

Starter

Seriously though...

And many ways to lose.

Don't like it.

Miami shot like crap yesterday and we shot the lights out and still lost by 10. Enough said, Fire D'Antoni!