Folks- B-Jennings looks great while Hill is on the bench

mafra

Legend
Brandon Jennings scored 21 2nd-half points and left the game to a standing ovation. Meanwhile, Jordan Hill was a DNP.

The good news, Knicks are set at PG for years.... don't really need BJ. Oh, wait....

To be honest, I didn't like BJ's attitude (even though I was enticed b/c he was #1 prospect in his High School Sr. class). Still, I called for T-Williams or G-Henderson. BUT.... looks like we blew this pick.

"Jennings turns it on in second half as Bucks pull away from Pistons"

MILWAUKEE -- Rookie Brandon Jennings scored 21 of his 24 points in the second half, Hakim Warrick came off the bench to add 21 points and the Milwaukee Bucks won their home opener with a 96-85 victory over the Detroit Pistons on Saturday night.

Jennings left to a standing ovation when Bucks coach Scott Skiles took him out of the game.

http://espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=291031015

Last edited:

New New York

Quiet Storm
Ok say we draft Jennings and he doesnt instantly start for us. He then goes on Joe Buddens show and talks about how much better than he is than Duhon and should be playing in front of him, the drama begins from there! NO THANKS!

Is he better than Hill right now? Yes

Is he the second coming of Chris Paul? NO!

Plus if watching The NBA for as long as I have has taught me anything it is that rookies who have started off hot, tend to burn out. Rookies who start out slow tend to come on at the end

Donyell Marshal was off to a hot start and the "experts" began to question if not drafting him over Jason Kidd was a big mistake on Dallas' part.....14 yrs later we all know the answer to that

When Channing Frye got off to a great start then Isiah proclamined he wouldve taken Frye even if he had the number 1 pick, meaning he wouldve drafted him over Chris Paul and Deron Williams.....fast forward five years and then ask Isiah that same question.

Hill will come on, now am I saying he will be better than Jennings -this is actually comparing apples to oranges- No, but lets hold off on giving BJ The ROY and labeling Hill a bust!

Pedro De Pacas

Benchwarmer
....plus alongside the FA's we're pursuing next summer like Lebron or Wade we're not in need of a playmaking pg, but we'll need a bigman who can knock down midrange shots....

SgtOrange

Benchwarmer
Ok say we draft Jennings and he doesnt instantly start for us. He then goes on Joe Buddens show and talks about how much better than he is than Duhon and should be playing in front of him, the drama begins from there! NO THANKS!

Is he better than Hill right now? Yes

Is he the second coming of Chris Paul? NO!

Plus if watching The NBA for as long as I have has taught me anything it is that rookies who have started off hot, tend to burn out. Rookies who start out slow tend to come on at the end

Donyell Marshal was off to a hot start and the "experts" began to question if not drafting him over Jason Kidd was a big mistake on Dallas' part.....14 yrs later we all know the answer to that

When Channing Frye got off to a great start then Isiah proclamined he wouldve taken Frye even if he had the number 1 pick, meaning he wouldve drafted him over Chris Paul and Deron Williams.....fast forward five years and then ask Isiah that same question.

Hill will come on, now am I saying he will be better than Jennings -this is actually comparing apples to oranges- No, but lets hold off on giving BJ The ROY and labeling Hill a bust!

Good point

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
It is way to warly for the should of could of would of I had the same feeling about the Gallinari selection last year over Gordon or Lopez but it looks like by riding this out we are gonna have a decent starter for years to come. I am not saying he is gonna be Tim Duncan but we will see.......

Kiyaman

Legend
Why is Jordan Hill being DNP

Basketball is one of the top 2 competitive sports around the world.
After the pre-draft camp in Sacremento with all the top guards, non of the guards could hold their head up as high as Brandon Jennings after that pre-draft camp.
All the other pre draft camp Brandon Jennings attended guards were bailing out of attending, which made Brandon Jennings start talking that talk.

After Brandon Jennings Summer League games everyone knew the Bucks was not going to resign Sessions. If Jennings performance would've been average the Bucks would've resign Sessions.

Celebrity coach Dantoni will pay dearly for not having a bigman coach on his expensive coaching-staff so Jordan Hill could've been apart of the regular season defenseless rotation.

The Knicks are 0-3 and several Knick players has showed they are not going to be the player to win celebrity coach Dantoni first game of this 2009-10 season. I guess it is up to....."he is the best shooter I ever seen"...ha ha ha ha ha ha

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
Richtree is right. The only thing i don't like about drafting Hill, is that we don't have anyone on the coaching staff to teach him how to be a productive PF in the NBA. I do think he deserves some minutes off the bench. That's the only way he can get better. By actually being in a game, learning the pace, dealing with situations would be good for him. I don't think D'antoni is going to put him in the rotation unless we are up by 20 pts or more and if one of our Pf's get injured. He's going to have to prove himself with the minutes he has, like Hughes had to do or he's going to be warming up that bench for a while. But I do think we wasted a pick on Hill, when there were several better players to pick in my opinion. I might be wrong but I think Hill is not worthy of the 8th overall pick. Hope he proves me wrong.

People Please

Scoring 24 Points Playing For The Bucks Does Not Make Me Excited
Its Different Comparing Hill A Power Forward To Jennings
There Are No Other Players At His Position Giving Him Free Reign To Score The Points That He Did, Hill Has To Play Behind Milicic Lee Harrington Chandler And Jefferies All Logging Minutes. Not Saying That Jefferies And Milicic Are Better Than Hill, But If We Are Too Trade Jefferies We Gotta Play Him. I Personally Believe Overall Down The Stretch As A Winning Player Tony Douglas Will Have A Great Impact On Our Team Over The Years.
Hill Would Be Playing 25 Mins A Game For The Bucks..one Of The Few Teams In The East Worse Than The Knicks.

I am trying to understand where the whole "not having a big man coach" thing comes in for all of you posters.
If I am not mistaken, David Lee had a career year last season, and looks to be right back on track to keep getting better this year, and he is our undersized Center every night, IS he not a big man thriving under Mike D or am I watching a different team than the rest of you.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Imagine how much it would suck if we wrote off Jordan Hill, traded him to some other team, and then he started burning us?

Seems to be a common recurring pattern nowadays. The front office (hey thanks Isiah) wrote off Trevor Ariza and Channing Frye and now they're tearing it up (just not for us), let's give Jordan Hill the time of day before we go and write him off as being a draft bust. We knew he was going to be a project when we drafted him, he was always considered to be raw and needing a lot of work but if he reaches his potential upside he'll be the next Chris Bosh.

Kobe scored 7.6 PPG and averaged 15.5 minutes a game his rookie year too. Doesn't always stay that way.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Imagine how much it would suck if we wrote off Jordan Hill, traded him to some other team, and then he started burning us?

Seems to be a common recurring pattern nowadays. The front office (hey thanks Isiah) wrote off Trevor Ariza and Channing Frye and now they're tearing it up (just not for us), let's give Jordan Hill the time of day before we go and write him off as being a draft bust. We knew he was going to be a project when we drafted him, he was always considered to be raw and needing a lot of work but if he reaches his potential upside he'll be the next Chris Bosh.

Kobe scored 7.6 PPG and averaged 15.5 minutes a game his rookie year too. Doesn't always stay that way.

Good points. Unfortunately though, you can't blame us for thinking he may be a bust. He's 22, has looked completely lost in training camp and preseason, and will not see any playing time. Not something you expect from the 8th pick in the draft. Kobe was drafted 13th, straight out of high school at 18 years old.

I think the biggest cause of concern is the fact that we needed to "hit a home run" with this draft because of the short amount of time to rebuild and attract all-star free agents.

He may prove to be a decent player years down the road but I have my doubts because of his low IQ. Besides, can we really afford to wait 3 years for this kid to become a decent player?

The fact remains that we blew this year's draft because of the Knicks' urgency to showcase next year's talent to available free agents. Imagine if we had drafted Jennings and Buddinger instead of Hill and Douglas. That backcourt may already be better than our current backcourt and would have been here next year (unlike Duhon and Hughes). Much more productive and attractive to free agents than Hill and Douglas.

clumsy

Rotation player
Channing Frye is still a 1 dimensional player...haha if he came back to us he would still not be good. He's a role player.

Ariza is better but again he's not a star...he's a great role player...If Ariza is your 1 or 2 option your team is still gonna be bad.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
always felt we shouldve drafted jennings..jennings >>>>>duhon....cant wait to see duhon outta here