2010 Keepers.

45-37? Seriously?

• Total voters

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
At this (early) stage I would hold on to 4 players out of our entire roster.

Lee: Face it, he's good enough & seems to have improved thus far. His attitude is outstanding as a team member and his selflessness is exemplary. His post game is rounding toward becoming quasi -formidable(ish) his passing is under rated and his outside shot seems to be on the rise. He out rebounds a lot of players more athletic than he is and has a nose for the ball.

Needs to improve: Lateral movement, Passing out of the paint after putting the ball on the floor, Defensive awareness in general, Asking for too much cash.

Harrington: He's a fool it's true. His antics are often comical and always over the top. But he wants to stay in NY and the only other teams that'll offer him big $ are those contending for a title. Less minutes + a potential championship won't outweigh his often publicized desire to be a part of the NYK turn around. He's a good post scorer and pivots/up fakes with the best of them as a big bodied versatile forward. Good ball handler/shot creator.

Needs to improve: Maintaining his intensity. He's over zealous, hungry for highlights and crowd pleasing, both of which seem to cloud his judgement about the big picture. It's the latter that'll have him in orange and blue next year. Defense can occasionally be lack luster. Passing can be poor on occasion.

Toney Douglas: The only way is up for Toney D. He's a naturally gifted defender which is rare in a nation of show off ballers. He's under-sized as a combo guard, but the list of under-sized players that are & have been extremely successful, stands to cancel out any doubters if his mindset is in place (Wade, Gordon, Mourning, LJ, Byron Scott and so on).

He's still first year as we know, but he's tenacious and determined. If things don't bloom as we'd hope, he's still a very cheap player with that un-coachable defensive mindset.

Needs to improve: Awareness, Shot selection, Transition passing, doing all in a hurry so we can get rid of Duhon asap.

Gallo: It's easy to forget that The Mighty Cock is only 20 years old. He's a heady player who is a 3 way threat on offense - Shoot, Dish, Board - and at 6'10" presents a lot of match up headaches for opposing coaches.

He's an excellent verbal player as well. He communicates constantly with others on defense (could be to save himself getting burned) and already at age 20 has said that he wants to be a leader in NY and his demeanour shows that sentiment.

We've seen shades of an All Star caliber player, we've seen shades of frustrating inconsistency, but again......20 years old. If healthy, he's potentially even an All NBA 3rd team member IMO.

Needs to improve: Night in night out performance, maybe some conditioning issues?, defensive game, not settling for the 3 as a first option.

**** everybody else except Chandler who STILL has a chance by the ASG to show his capabilities CONSISTENTLY!!!!!. Fingers xed on that one. And Jordan Hill... Just cause there's no friggin' choice when the cap is crashing. Really hope it works out because Jennings could have been ours.

And yes, no Nate Robinson.. Really just can't see it working out as being anymore than a buzz about a very good player that is still too small and dances and screams like a baboon on ice.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Well, if we sign Lee and Harrington you can forget about Lebron or any other max free agent in 2010. There isn't enough cap space. One of those two can not be signed.

Which one (Lee or Harrington) fits better in D'Antoni's system?

I'm almost inclined to let everybody walk, plus use every player we have (except Gallo) as trade bait to remove Curry and Jeffries. Let's start completely over.

GetRealistic

Starter
Yea i'd say keep Gallo Definately but after that i have no connection to any player on this team... I guess just since they make very little money i'd keep Hill an Douglas but i would be far from hearbroken if we packaged them in a trade.

I get what people like in Tony Douglas but i'm really not that impressed with him at this point. And come January we might as well play Hill since its pretty obvious at this point were headed for another lower 30 win season.

Also Chuckers Harrington and Chandler need to go our get a reality check. I was never a Wilson fan but the dude has absolutely regressed this year.

paris401

Starter
Well, if we sign Lee and Harrington you can forget about Lebron or any other max free agent in 2010. There isn't enough cap space. One of those two can not be signed.

unless we sign the free agents first... afterwards we are free to sign our own free agents and go over the cap..

ofcourse u have to ask yourself... why would one of the major FA, and there are only two, want to sign in ny...

LJ4ptplay

Starter
unless we sign the free agents first... afterwards we are free to sign our own free agents and go over the cap..

ofcourse u have to ask yourself... why would one of the major FA, and there are only two, want to sign in ny...

No, you're incorrect. In order to sign our free agents and go over the cap we need to retain their Bird Rights. Bird Rights cost 1.5 times the player's final year salary. For examlpe, Lee is making $7mil this year. It will cost us $10.5mil to retain his Bird Rights. This amount counts against our available cap space.

So therefore we will not retain the Bird Rights of any of our players. All of them will be unrestricted free agents in 2010 and we can only sign them within our available cap space.

All we can afford next year is 1 max free agent and 1 of our free agents. That's it. Any money spent after that will go over the cap and take away from 2011's cap space.

Make sense?

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
At this (early) stage I would hold on to 4 players out of our entire roster.

Lee: Face it, he's good enough & seems to have improved thus far. His attitude is outstanding as a team member and his selflessness is exemplary. His post game is rounding toward becoming quasi -formidable(ish) his passing is under rated and his outside shot seems to be on the rise. He out rebounds a lot of players more athletic than he is and has a nose for the ball.

Needs to improve: Lateral movement, Passing out of the paint after putting the ball on the floor, Defensive awareness in general, Asking for too much cash.

Harrington: He's a fool it's true. His antics are often comical and always over the top. But he wants to stay in NY and the only other teams that'll offer him big $ are those contending for a title. Less minutes + a potential championship won't outweigh his often publicized desire to be a part of the NYK turn around. He's a good post scorer and pivots/up fakes with the best of them as a big bodied versatile forward. Good ball handler/shot creator.

Needs to improve: Maintaining his intensity. He's over zealous, hungry for highlights and crowd pleasing, both of which seem to cloud his judgement about the big picture. It's the latter that'll have him in orange and blue next year. Defense can occasionally be lack luster. Passing can be poor on occasion.

Toney Douglas: The only way is up for Toney D. He's a naturally gifted defender which is rare in a nation of show off ballers. He's under-sized as a combo guard, but the list of under-sized players that are & have been extremely successful, stands to cancel out any doubters if his mindset is in place (Wade, Gordon, Mourning, LJ, Byron Scott and so on).

He's still first year as we know, but he's tenacious and determined. If things don't bloom as we'd hope, he's still a very cheap player with that un-coachable defensive mindset.

Needs to improve: Awareness, Shot selection, Transition passing, doing all in a hurry so we can get rid of Duhon asap.

Gallo: It's easy to forget that The Mighty Cock is only 20 years old. He's a heady player who is a 3 way threat on offense - Shoot, Dish, Board - and at 6'10" presents a lot of match up headaches for opposing coaches.

He's an excellent verbal player as well. He communicates constantly with others on defense (could be to save himself getting burned) and already at age 20 has said that he wants to be a leader in NY and his demeanour shows that sentiment.

We've seen shades of an All Star caliber player, we've seen shades of frustrating inconsistency, but again......20 years old. If healthy, he's potentially even an All NBA 3rd team member IMO.

Needs to improve: Night in night out performance, maybe some conditioning issues?, defensive game, not settling for the 3 as a first option.

**** everybody else except Chandler who STILL has a chance by the ASG to show his capabilities CONSISTENTLY!!!!!. Fingers xed on that one. And Jordan Hill... Just cause there's no friggin' choice when the cap is crashing. Really hope it works out because Jennings could have been ours.

And yes, no Nate Robinson.. Really just can't see it working out as being anymore than a buzz about a very good player that is still too small and dances and screams like a baboon on ice.

That's like the second time you compare a Knicks player to a baboon. You must see a lot of them where you live, right? Lol. How about using koala bears??? Or flamingoes?? :lol:

Anyway, out of your four choices, I only agree with the gallo and douglas picks. Lee will ultimately become a bench player in a good team. So if we decide to keep him, expect him to ask for 9 to 12mil for about 4 years. Once the Knicks become a strong team Lee will probably be on the bench, playing as a 10 million dollar reserve. That shouldn't happen. As for harrington, he will become a third or fourth option once we get a star player, so he is expendable. Plus, he's already 30+ y/o and committing stupid mistakes (hanging on the rim like a "baboon", remember? Lol).

The two other players that we should keep are:

Nate and chandler.

Young role players (at the moment) that can become stars. One is an elite sixth man and the other is a defensive wing player who had a pretty good year last year. Ok, so wilson is sucking(no homo) early on, but he is coming off of surgery, so its to be expected. Both players are cheap though, so getting rid of them is easier than getting rid of other money hungry players.

Pricey

Rotation player
That's like the second time you compare a Knicks player to a baboon. You must see a lot of them where you live, right? Lol. How about using koala bears??? Or flamingoes?? :lol:

Koala's are not bears, just Koala's :)

Man i can only see Lee, Douglas, Gallo and Hill. Would like to see Hill given game time. If we are going to pick him with our 1st pick then he needs to be given a chance, we aint making the playoffs so i would give him 20mins per game.

paris401

Starter
No, you're incorrect. In order to sign our free agents and go over the cap we need to retain their Bird Rights. Bird Rights cost 1.5 times the player's final year salary. For examlpe, Lee is making $7mil this year. It will cost us $10.5mil to retain his Bird Rights. This amount counts against our available cap space.

So therefore we will not retain the Bird Rights of any of our players. All of them will be unrestricted free agents in 2010 and we can only sign them within our available cap space.

All we can afford next year is 1 max free agent and 1 of our free agents. That's it. Any money spent after that will go over the cap and take away from 2011's cap space.

Make sense?

ok... that's how it works...didn't realize the 150% rule...thanks... doubt any of it matters as doubt dwade or james want to come to ny n play along side the cast of misfits we have... altho if lebron likes playing next to a very slow, lumbering center named shaq, he will just luv playing next to our fat-fukin center named fat-fuk...i mean curry...