Quit cheering for James at MSG!!

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Enough is enough with this kiss ass treatment that the Knicks fans give James everytime he comes to MSG.For the past two seasons it has sounded like a Cavs home game all b/c the Knicks fans feel that they should put ONE PLAYER over what is suppose to be your Knicks team and thats BS.You know it has to be bad when the tv announcers even say its a Cavs home game or the Knicks players should be offended that their own fans are cheering for the other team.

Yes I know we suck! Yes I know we are far from becoming a playoff team BUT it will be a cold day in hell before you see me cheering for a player on the other team.Who cares if he is going to be one of the best ever if he isn't in a Knicks jersey then im not cheering for him.Yes he maight be a Knick in the future if so then good I will cheer for him but right now he is a cav and in my book that means the enemy.

TunerAddict

Starter
Yep...

Anyone see that one fag behind the announcers with the white yankee hat and the cavs jersey?

wtf is this shit?

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Jay-Z is also a horrible representative for NJ.I don't think he gives a crap about my hometown Nets.The man represents New York, but cheers on LeBron!WTF!

Starks_boy

Benchwarmer
Enough is enough with this kiss ass treatment that the Knicks fans give James everytime he comes to MSG.For the past two seasons it has sounded like a Cavs home game all b/c the Knicks fans feel that they should put ONE PLAYER over what is suppose to be your Knicks team and thats BS.You know it has to be bad when the tv announcers even say its a Cavs home game or the Knicks players should be offended that their own fans are cheering for the other team.

Yes I know we suck! Yes I know we are far from becoming a playoff team BUT it will be a cold day in hell before you see me cheering for a player on the other team.Who cares if he is going to be one of the best ever if he isn't in a Knicks jersey then im not cheering for him.Yes he maight be a Knick in the future if so then good I will cheer for him but right now he is a cav and in my book that means the enemy.

Couldn't have said it better. I was at the Garden last year during the "dream week" and I was living a nightmare when the Garden started to chant "MVP MVP" for Kobe. I was like WTF is going on here that's our f***ing house here !
And that was the same for LBJ 3 days later people where cheering and all though I can't recall any "MVP" chant that time.

And yes f*** J-Z.

Scipio

Benchwarmer
Couldn`t agree more with the sentiment being expressed in this thread.

Cheer your team, stick by them no matter what. There was some guy with a white Knicks jersey that had "King James" and the number 23 printed on it. WTF !!

He isn`t our player and he might not be so why cheer him on?

Starks

Starter
I understand both sentiments. Back in the days, when the Knicks were a winning team, no one would cheer for Reggie Miller...even when it was a walk year for him at the end of the season.

But LeBron is one of the world's greatest athletes and a once in a lifetime talent. The Knicks don't even have one damn all star, so its a rare treat to see such a great player in our home town. We literally have nothing to cheer about accept the offseason.

When MSG cheers for LeBron, they cheer him thinking this could be the future. I know I do.

I understand both sentiments. Back in the days, when the Knicks were a winning team, no one would cheer for Reggie Miller...even when it was a walk year for him at the end of the season.

But LeBron is one of the world's greatest athletes and a once in a lifetime talent. The Knicks don't even have one damn all star, so its a rare treat to see such a great player in our home town. We literally have nothing to cheer about accept the offseason.

When MSG cheers for LeBron, they cheer him thinking this could be the future. I know I do.
Well said. It's not so much you want him to do good, but when he does, it's fun to see.

Giants89FLY

Rotation player
The problem is we're so desperate for a superstar to cheer for we'll cheer for lebron. Especially in this case where it is possible he can come to NY next year... Its obvious NY is craving a superstar... On the other hand, people are ****ing clowns. If i see one more person wearing a Yankees shirt I'm going to murder someone....

Jay-Z is also a horrible representative for NJ.I don't think he gives a crap about my hometown Nets.The man represents New York, but cheers on LeBron!WTF!

Yeah... As long as he gets paid he could careless... I feel bad for Nets fans..

dre48ny

Rotation player

Yes what a horrid team! No top 20 player, no defense, and too many question marks. Many fans are dreaming with LeBron, so I kinda see where they are coming from. To be honest, deep inside many went to that game mostly for LeBron.

the portable man

Benchwarmer
i agree that home crowd shouldnt cheer for ANY other team BUT......

KNICKS ARENT WINNING - IF THEY WANT THE CROWD TO CHEER FOR EM AFTER YEARS OF PATHETIC BASKETBALL SOMEONE HAS TO STEP UP

until then its perfect what msg crowd is doing, they boo the SECOND hughes misses a shot, which is a GOOD THING because he has two good games and EVERYONE here is quick to defend his stay in NY, but no in reality its obvious the guy is one of the most inconsistent and overrated players EVER

the crowd is doing the RIGHT THING because knicks continue to lose HOME GAMES, whether they cheer for them or not

it shouldnt be the crowds fault they suck so bad in the first half

im actually surprised NOBODY HAS THROWN TOMATOES AT THE KNICKS BENCH YET, I MEAN ITS REALLY PATHETIC THE WAY THIS SEASON HAS STARTED

U KNOW UR TEAM IS BAD WHEN LARRY HUGHES HAS TO STEP UP :eek:

King Ewing

Banned

POST OF THE YEAR! This should stay on the first page.

GREAT POST! :beer:

The same assholes that used to cheer for Jordan are cheering for Lebron, get the heck out of here, you're not Knicks fans stop wearing their gear and showing up to their home games.

YanksKnicks86

Benchwarmer
I kinda think New York fans just like Winners...This franchise has been garbage for so long now. I was at the Lebron game last year and it was sickening seeing Grown men with Number 23 Knicks jerseys with JAMES on the back. But I cheer for Kobe so I can't talk. What happened to the Winning ways of NY? I gotta admit I haven't watched many games this year. I watched every single game the last 2 years and just seeing the scores on my phone while I'm at work force me to delete the recorded games on my DVR. I wanna sit down and enjoy a Knick game win or lose but this year seems so pathetic.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
While I agree with the sentiment we have to remember the Michael Jordan got about the same amount of cheers. Knicks fans appreciate talent and can respect players even if they are kicking our ass.

That said, **** LJ...unless he puts the orange and blue on!

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
that shit gets me tight everytime, wade, kobe or lebron come into MSG and they get ovations and shit, i mean yea respect them to an extent but when they get louder cheers then our players thats just wrong,.....yea we suck and yea they are sick players but they play against us and being from NY thats more then a reason to boo them until they wear our jersey and prove themselves

Paul1355

All Star

agreed...seeing the fans cheer Kobe last year made me sick. We cheered a guy that embarrassed our team and fans and then we congratulate him like Laker fans. Good post.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Im glad alot agree with me on this b/c I think its pathetic how these so called Knicks fans cheer for a player on the oposing team.Who cares if he is a damn superstar or not if he plays for the other team then he should'nt be cheered its that simple.Hell if they are going to kiss James,Kobe ass everytime they play at MSG then they should keep their butts at the house b/c you are not Knick fans.

These are the same fans that booooooooooooooooooed Miller and Jordan until they retired so what changed between the Knicks fans from then and now.Don't give me that crap that the only reason they're cheering for them is b/c they have nothing to cheer for with the Knicks.You are suppose to stick with your team threw the good and the bad.I can say that I am and will forever be a Knick fan and you will NEVER see me cheering for another player thats playing againist the Knicks.