When LEBRON hugged GALLINARI I realized JAMES is coming to NY

mafra

Legend
Watching Lebron James consoling Toney Douglas last night made me think; but when I saw LJ approach Danillo after the game last night, hug the dude and then whisper something to him (KAHN from Newsday said it had to do with continuing doing what he's doing and getting his back in good shape).... Well, it was loud and clear to me that he's watching us and seriously considering NY his new home.

First of all, we have the obvious: LJ did nothing last offseason to help CLE. Had he announced his commitment he would have helped CLE recruit a guy like Artest. LJ did not do anything to help in that regard, and that is the loudest message sent so far. Had he truly wanted to build a winner in CLE, that would've been the wisest thing to do if he wanted to go for it this year.

NO WAY CLE is beating BOS, ORL or LAL this year. It aint happening.

Secondly, we have this thing with LJ and knowing enough about Danillo and his back. Let's be honest, of all the players on CLE and NYK moving fwd into 2010 and beyond... Danillo Gallinari is the best prospect hands down.

Sure, Chris Bosh could easily just sign with CLE next year. I mean, that's easier than coming to NY and having LJ follow him. WE ALL KNOW Bosh is fleeing Canada ASAP. I don't see him staying in TOR.

NOW, both of these cats are smart enough to realize they will be gazillionaires no matter what. NY wont need to worry about offering 2 max contracts. TRUST ME, Lebron would take less money to get another star in NY with him.

SO, if Lebron is already thinking about coming to NY, and bringing a star with him, than no wonder why he sees NY a solid option. We have Danillo, we can also use our bird rights for David Lee. Danillo and Lee as the 3rd and 4th option on a winning team is the ideal situation for both.

Harrington will join the ship b/c he already said he wants to be here when we win. Toss in Darko, Hill, Douglas. There you go!

PG ?
SG Gallinari
SF JAMES
PF LEE
C BOSH

Harrington (6th man), Chandler, Darko, Hill, Douglas

This will win you a championship.... and be a force for years to come! I'm also confident Curry will return and play well enough where he will be dealt.

NO MATTER what happens this season, getting rid of Jeffries and Curry, while developing the kids is the key to this season. LEBRON probably has one of his buddies assigned to following us all season. He also realizes CLE doesn't have a supporting cast (They do not have a player like Galinari).

We might have to trade Wilson Chanlder to get a PG, or to force someone to take Curry....

iSaYughh

Starter
Why would we want to get Amare? We got Jordan Hill.

I'd insta-co-sign your scenario for the future and can't help but think we have some sweet pieces to place around a beast like Bron....and plz to be shipping Chandler ASAP...not like the time for that wasn't intra-draft for a goddamn PG and then showing no ambition in signing any of the dynamic playmakers out there...

20 is a CROOK

Benchwarmer
for the longest time i thought lebron was going to stay in cleveland, but on Friday I went to the Knicks/Cavs game had good seats right near the cavs bench and after watching lebron in the garden i have a strong feeling he will come to the knicks. the guy was in heaven at the garden and was playing to the crowd the entire game. The thought of being the center of attention in the biggest city in the world every single night is going to be what brings him here. the knicks are not stupid they paraded the world champion yankees right in front of him to let him know this is what it could be like if u can win here. the place was jumping and wild the entire game despite the knicks getting blown out for most of the game.

Also for people that think that he has a better chance of winning a championship in cleveland than here need to really think of how the nba and the salary cap works. In the nba every single contract is extremely important and if you make a few mistakes here and there you can miss your chance at a title. the knicks will have a ton of cap room this year and then again in 2011 when fat curry and jeffries come off the books and could tailor the team to lebron's needs. Cleveland is stuck with what they got and have made desperation trades and signings to try and piece-meal a team together. Cleveland will make the playoffs every yr with lebron but wont beat orlando or boston when Mo Williams is ur 2nd best player.

Imagine for lebron he signs with the knicks this year and walsh goes we have 10mm this year and 18 million dollars in 2011 for you to pick whoever u want to come play here.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Jesus christ.

How are we going to sign Bosh, Lebron and Harrington? Please explain.

I've stated many, many times in several threads how this is impossible. Either people don't read posts or they have their head so far up their ass they choose to ignore reality.

mafra

Legend
for the longest time i thought lebron was going to stay in cleveland, but on Friday I went to the Knicks/Cavs game had good seats right near the cavs bench and after watching lebron in the garden i have a strong feeling he will come to the knicks. the guy was in heaven at the garden and was playing to the crowd the entire game. The thought of being the center of attention in the biggest city in the world every single night is going to be what brings him here. the knicks are not stupid they paraded the world champion yankees right in front of him to let him know this is what it could be like if u can win here. the place was jumping and wild the entire game despite the knicks getting blown out for most of the game.

Also for people that think that he has a better chance of winning a championship in cleveland than here need to really think of how the nba and the salary cap works. In the nba every single contract is extremely important and if you make a few mistakes here and there you can miss your chance at a title. the knicks will have a ton of cap room this year and then again in 2011 when fat curry and jeffries come off the books and could tailor the team to lebron's needs. Cleveland is stuck with what they got and have made desperation trades and signings to try and piece-meal a team together. Cleveland will make the playoffs every yr with lebron but wont beat orlando or boston when Mo Williams is ur 2nd best player.

Imagine for lebron he signs with the knicks this year and walsh goes we have 10mm this year and 18 million dollars in 2011 for you to pick whoever u want to come play here.

I realized Lebron is coming to NY the moment Artest signed with the Lakers (HT with TOR and Ariza in HOU). If LJ was staying in CLE he would have assured somebody, and thus would have recruited them to help him win THIS season.

After watching him in NY on Friday night, I was reassured (and confident) that this is LJ's stage, and he wants to embrace the challenge.

If LJ comes to NY and wins here, not only will he reap the benefits of winning in MSG.... he will be hailed as a miracle-worker for turning around this joke and moribound franchise.

mafra

Legend
Jesus christ.

How are we going to sign Bosh, Lebron and Harrington? Please explain.

I've stated many, many times in several threads how this is impossible. Either people don't read posts or they have their head so far up their ass they choose to ignore reality.

The good thing about reality is the fact it's always in flux (and, ergo, is almost impossible to predict).

For starters, your logic assumes Walsh will fail to trade Curry and/or Jeffries.

Secondly, you posit that LJ will only come to NY if he signs a max contract.

Furthermore, we both have no comprhension-insight into the thinking of a player like BOSH, and what he might do to flee TOR and play for multiple championships w/ a player like LJ; or what Harrinton might do-sacrifice to stay home in NY and be present when things turnaround for the better?

I really do believe Lebron James will be here in NY; I do think either Al Harrington or David Lee will be retained (not both but definitely one of them); and I think a guy like Rudy Gay, Joe Johnson or Chris Bosh will join LJ (or, in the worst case scenario if we fail to shed ourselves of Curry's contract, we "settle" for Chris Paul in 2011).

Why is this some unfounded delusion?

You think Lebron is stupid? You think he wants to suck every penny out of Dolan and leave himself with a supporting cast of role players? I know he wont come cheap, but there will be wiggle room.

You think Lebron James and Chris Paul wouldn't help lead NY to MULTIPLE championships 2011-2015? Imagine LJ, CP & Danillo in 2011? WOW!

SO.... it might even be best for NY to fail in its attempt to deal Curry. That might mean you are correct and we're left with just signing LJ. BUT, imagine that.... POOF... we are set to sign Chris Paul the next summer.

Again, LJ aint stupid.... he'll look at the big picture. He'll accept the role of SUPERMAN for one season, making NY his team (and home) and plant the seeds of success.... Knowing that help is coming the next season.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Why is this some unfounded delusion?

Because the numbers don't work. There isn't enough cap space, it's impossible. Go look at some of my previous posts. I don't have time to keep repeating myself to people who don't read or people that ignore the facts.

And it's delusional to think Lebron will take $10mil to play with the Knicks. And it's delusional to think Curry can be traded for an expiring contract before this year's deadline. I would almost argue that Jeffries is impossible to trade for an expiring contract by this year's deadline, but there is some hope for that.

SgtOrange

Benchwarmer
Yeah we still need to move Jeffries/Curry to offer two max contracts, plus we have to resign Lee. I think LBJ would probably play SG with Danilo at SF, or maybe just defensively. By the way, Bosh is heading to Miami/Chicago, but I could definitely see us ending up w/Amare.
PG- ?
SG- LBJ
SF- Gallinari
PF- Lee
C- Amare

Assuming we get a decent PG to run the show (Chandler for a decent PG?) that is a pretty solid team.

mafra

Legend
Because the numbers don't work. There isn't enough cap space, it's impossible. Go look at some of my previous posts. I don't have time to keep repeating myself to people who don't read or people that ignore the facts.

And it's delusional to think Lebron will take $10mil to play with the Knicks. And it's delusional to think Curry can be traded for an expiring contract before this year's deadline. I would almost argue that Jeffries is impossible to trade for an expiring contract by this year's deadline, but there is some hope for that.

Well then, like I said, we sign Lebron James this July and then ink Chris Paul the following summer. Starting the 2011 season, we'll have LJ, CP & DG (along with Chandler, Hill, Douglas and some spare parts).

You're just foolish if you think this isn't possible (salary cap-wise).

And, again.... I think this pair works better than signing two top guns this summer. Paul + Lebron + Danillo = threepeat!

jpz17

Starter
This is more reasonable guys

Nash
Chandler
Gallinari
Lee
Bosh

Then on the bench Toney Douglas, Jordan Hill, Kurt Thomas, and scrubs

SgtOrange

Benchwarmer
This is more reasonable guys

Nash
Chandler
Gallinari
Lee
Bosh

Then on the bench Toney Douglas, Jordan Hill, Kurt Thomas, and scrubs

Didn't Nash just sign a two year extension? And I really see Bosh ending up playing with D-Wade or Derrick Rose.

JayJ44

Starter
Well then, like I said, we sign Lebron James this July and then ink Chris Paul the following summer. Starting the 2011 season, we'll have LJ, CP & DG (along with Chandler, Hill, Douglas and some spare parts).

And, again.... I think this pair works better than signing two top guns this summer. Paul + Lebron + Danillo = threepeat!

Chris Paul isn't a free agent in 2011...

Scribbles

Rotation player
All I know is LeBron is enough of a signing to turn this franchise around.

That in itself is every Knicks fan's daydream.

But right now, I must admit, this is as close as I've come to believing that LeBron will come here come this summer (he might not exactly sign on July 1st but later...)

He without a doubt gave strong indication he's considering the move. But is it all just smokescreen?

I can't wait.... the anticipation is gonna kill me.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only

You're definitely a dreamer, that's for sure.

I myself wouldn't mind having CP3 as a Knick, though. I would rather the knicks sign chris than lebron...

Red

TYPE-A

we'll just get D'Antoni to negotiate it with his double talk. lol He will sell LBJ on playing second fiddle to "the best shooter ever" thus no need for a Bosh or Amare....SMH!!!!

LJ4ptplay

Starter

Ughh.

Best case scenarios have us with $28mil in cap space this offseason, worst case $21mil.

We will most likely have 6 players on the roster (Curry, Jeffries, Gallo, Chandler, Hill and Douglas).

$17mil to Lebron. Best case leaves us with $11 mil to fill the rest of the roster. Worst case leaves us with $4mil (not enough to sign Lee or Harrington)

Say we give $9mil to Lee. Now we have $2mil to fill the rest of the roster. The roster now stands at 8 players. You need a minimum of 12.

Any money spent on players exceeding the $2mil and beyond 1 year, eats into 2011's available cap space. Jeffries and Curry's contracts equal approximately 1 max contract (Chris Paul).

If Lebron signs to a team with Curry, Jeffries, Lee, Gallo, Douglas, Chandler and Hill + a bunch of 1 year contract rental scrubs, then yes it's possible. But I think it's very unlikely.

The more logical (and likely) option is on draft day we trade the expiring contracts of Jeffries and Curry to teams looking to dump salary and have talented players with bloated/long-term contracts. Then sign Lebron and one other player with the cap space. Then use the MLE for some bench players. This will elimnate 2011's cap space but is a more likely approach to 2010.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
We need another "STAR" Too...Bringing Lebron here just by himself won't be enough.

While another star would be nice, I don't think it's essential. If we can get good players that can play well in D'Antoni's system and also play defense, it should be enough. Like Kirk Hinrich, Josh Smith or Sean Williams (I know, I know, most people would say Williams sucks and I can't argue with that but I still think he could be a good option at Center for D'Antoni's system).