Nate Robinson = Only Hope for this Season.

Torp

Benchwarmer
lol. Well I can nearly guarantee that there wont be a big winning streak, but im glad that coach D will start to at least consider Nate as an offensive weapon that he is.

bfab99

Benchwarmer
Man, David Lee is playing like an all-star and now we got the ENERGIZED Nate Robinson back! Man, we makin playoffs this year. Knicks gonnna surprise everybody!

Man, David Lee is playing like an all-star and now we got the ENERGIZED Nate Robinson back! Man, we makin playoffs this year. Knicks gonnna surprise everybody!

There's the keyword right there. Energy. That's what Nate Robinson brings to the Knicks. Now when this energy runs out, he returns to being a very pedestrian, mediocre player. That's when Mike needs to realize the opposing team can gain momentum off his bad shots and turnover-prone basketball, and sub him out.

There's no question Nate can be a huge part of a winning team; look at how he played tonight. But the thing is, the risk of playing him 40+ minutes outweighs the reward. Tonight the energy lasted all night long mostly. But unfortunately this really isn't a common occurrence. In most cases, Nate's spark burns out after a few possessions, and just as fast as he ignites the Knicks, he takes them right out of the game. Which is why he can't and probably never will be able to be a starting point guard in the league. But, if used in moderation, he can be a game-changing asset on a playoff team.

Nate Robinson on top of his game, being correctly coached, and with a good surrounding cast, puts both the Knicks and himself in a win-win situation. Nate gets his time to energize the team, and when that time runs out, he's relieved with a potentially less explosive, but more consistent player-a player who the Knicks have yet to find.

Last edited:

CoolClyde

GR8ness

Nate Robinson on top of his game, being correctly coached, and with a good surrounding cast, puts both the Knicks and himself in a win-win situation.
:agreed:
You've said it all. D'amntoni is so high on his horse, sitting players in his doghouse,
regardless of what they bring to the table/team. Does this a good coach make? NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

It's been a pleasure reading all the N8-hater remarks on this thread.

what a great game, gr8ness, n8ness.
:peace::peace::gony::peace::peace:

TheBigCock

Benchwarmer
The Knicks can either ride Nate's success and aim for a playoff spot, or you could try to package him with either JJ or Curry.

mafra

Legend
I've been hard on N8 lately (b/c I know he has the talent and I've been extremely disappointed in his play/attitude prior to the benching). I think D'ant took it a little too far, but in my opinion N8 put himself in this position so he's had to deal with the consequences....

While I wont eat crow just yet.... I have to commend N8 Robinson. He's been professional since he was banished to the pine. He refused to pout (I don't think he could ever be down- HECK, thye should name new anti-depressent pills N8s)....

Nate was a class act througout, and boy did he stay ready and prepared! He was simply breathtaking tonight.

While most will point to his points, and clutchness (although the 3 missed free throws late got to me).... I'm so proud of his 8 assists and his points in the paint.

BUT, this sort of game just reminds me why we get on N8 so often.... He has the ability to make plays, get to the glass, draw fouls. NO WAY a guy like N8 should have such few free throw attempts.

We all know Robinson wont shout 18-24 on most nights. BUt remember.... N8 was RED hot today, and he still worked for his points. TAKE IT TO THE RIM. I love it. He also can average 4-6 assists per game.

D'ant should reward N8 RIGHT NOW. Make him the starting PG and let him run the show. He's earned it. I'll start to cook my crow and happily it!

I love what N8 did after the game- He even thanks coach for benching him (humbling him)....

?This is where I want to be. And I hope that I can stay. ? It?s a new year, a new start, and I?m not looking back.?

I LOVE IT. Sorry for riding you N8. Let's hope you've turned the corner and will focus on being the great player your talent suggests you can become.

dave2138

Rotation player
The Knicks can either ride Nate's success and aim for a playoff spot, or you could try to package him with either JJ or Curry.

No question they will trade Nate if he gets hot. Do you really think the Knicks have any plans to resign him after this season? I doubt D'Antoni and Walsh want him here next year. Right now the priorities are in order:

1) Make any moves that make the team better for next season+
2) Get rid of Jefferies + Curry
3) Make playoffs

So if you think Robinson has any trade value, then that would help improve #1 and 2. The question is how hot does he have to be for a team to trade anything of value to us or take on Jefferies or Curry.

Scipio

Benchwarmer
What a performance by Nate.

Lots of people are saying that it was a mistake to bench him for fourteen games but I don`t agree.

You have to remember that nobody has ever questioned his talent. He was benched because of his immature behaviour. If Nate can play like he did against the Hawks regularly and keep his attitude in the correct place then benching him for fourteen games may have helped.

Maybe benching him was the wake up call that he needed. He has handled the situation very well and maturely so maybe missing those games was good for him and not the mistake that so many on this forum think that it was.

crawford

Rookie
not sure where some of you are coming with Nate being professional and quiet during the month he was rightfully benched, you don't get fined $25,000 for nothing.

this is the case for this team.there is always some game that everyone gets open, like oh shit! were gonna make the playoffs and so and so is gonna get us there!than the next game they lay an egg.the problem with this team prior to this little run was defense.that's improved some.nate for all the offensive fire works, IS a liability on defense.

now, so is d lee, so as far as I'm concerned, nate should have never been scapegoated like that.if you're mad cause he shot at the wrong basket, you sit him for 3 games.

crawford

Rookie
Nate is like a girl's menstruation, moody and you praise him for last night's efforts and he will go back to being the same childish antics and you'll be cursing him out the next. worse than Marbury.

Asimov

Benchwarmer
lol @ the Nate nuthuggers

Nate is a joke. I'll give him credit for last night though. His one-on-one play worked on the lazy ass Hawks, who were probably stunned that a midget could be that good.

There's no denying "LeBroNate" is a tremendous athlete. But this type of one on one basketball isn't gonna work forever. You saw this same thing with Crackbury. Sooner or later, Midget Nate is gonna be DOUBLE-TEAMED. And his poor passing, bad decision making is gonna come back to haunt him.

This team plays effective when there is ball movement, creating space for every player to be involved in the offense.

So all you Nate lovers, FALL BACK. GET A GRIP ON REALITY.

Last night was all about Nate. The guy IMO still doesn't get it. Ya'll saw him after the game thanking people like he won the Nobel Peace Prize or somethin:teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth:

The clown even thanked Isiah and thanked his agent- who had no qualms about bashing D'Antoni. What a joke.

can't wait when Nate leaves this team. Then we will be taken seriously, not some AND1 sideshow

bfab99

Benchwarmer
2-0 since Nate's RETURN. Let's get there 8 game winning streak! 2-0, 2-0, 2-0, NATE NATE NATE! lol

Kiyaman

Legend
Lets correct the ERRORS

lol u beta hope nate pulls off an amazing second half of the seaons otherwse he wont be here next year

Nate is not returning to the Danmtoni-Knicks next year, and Lee either.
My money says Wilson Chandler will refuse to extend his contract.

The Knicks are on a 2-0 win streak with the return of Nate, my cash money say if the Knicks find away to WIN the Bobcats game.....unrestricted expiring contract Nate The Great Robinson will take the Knicks on a long winning-streak (much longer than the 4 game streak).
Where the story of the 14-DNP "defending Slam-Dunk contest" will be the talk of the ALL-Star game with the Knicks longest winning streak riding around his belt.

Originally Posted by GoKnIcKsDLEE42
Nate Robinson on top of his game, being correctly coached, and with a good surrounding cast, puts both the Knicks and himself in a win-win situation.

I may be wrong, but my opinion on Nate's release from the coach DNP jail, was way above coach Damntoni's head.
The Knicks streak of holding oponents under 100 points was ended by the bottomless Nets win over the Knicks 104-95 (stopped at 11 games).
Management heads had to roll on that game.....this is still a betting game to those in denial. However the next game....magically Nate is released from 14 games of DNP minutes before the game. Inwhich Nate Robinson had to perform at the level of Kobe Bryant & Lebron James to win the game (being correctly coached LOL ha ha ha ha)
This is just my opinion.