Our players use to be good

Paul1355

All Star
Thought it was funny to see some videos on youtube of some players now that are playing horrible that use to look good on these mix tape videos on youtube. Every player looks like they have talent on these videos.

Chris Duhon -

Eddy Curry -

Jared Jeffries -

Kiyaman

Legend
Rental Players not getting a fair chance

Out of the 4 rookies on the roster.....Gallo, ToneyD, Hill, and u have to add Landry, only one has earned 18 to 30 minutes of playintime from Preseason to the first 5 regular season games. And that rookie is not Gallo.

We are 1-8 for a reason, coach Dantoni is not being fair to all the players on our roster. So yes, performance has changed.

To put two rookies in the starting line-up before giving the "vets" ten (10) games to get their stuff together to form a "jellin or chemistry or formular" system so the rookies could look up to the vets and follow their lead with fresh young legs off the bench with a different creativeness.....we would probably have a 5-4 record now rather than a 1-8.
All big brothers like to shine at things when their little brother is watching.
How do u think the Knicks veterans are taking the idea of "two" unexperience rookies starting over them?
Do u actually think that Memphis Conley or Mayo should start over Allan Iverson?

At the start of the season coach Dantoni should have told Larry Hughes in front of all his teammates that he is owed 3 straight DNP's for this season, but the team need his service the first 10 games of the season. Our starters should've been from day one with this weak roster:

PG-Duhon
SG-Hughes
SF-Jefferies
PF-Harrington
C-Lee
6th-Nate
7th-Chandler
8th-Gallo
9th-Hill
10th-ToneyD
11th-Darko

At the start of the season we should have stuck with a 10-man rotation for the first 10 to 15 games of the season. This way it would give every player a fair chance on our weak roster, and a reason for "every-player" to work hard at improving themselves for the next game.
All 10 player should've got playingtime by the end of the 3rd quarter.
The 4th quarter is for winning players only!

All the publicity going to Gallo during the preseson is all good making him a "fan-favorite" to fill the seats at the Garden. But the 30 mpg of playintime was ridiculous and stupid as a coach. Especially not teaching or having 3 set plays for Gallo sweet shooting with 3 seconds on the clock.
Dantoni is a DUMMMMMY!!!

Kiyaman

Legend
Out of the nine (9) games played how many designed halfcourt plays have anyone seen where screens and picks are set-up for Duhon to score, or Hughes, or Chandler, or Harrington, Gallo, or Lee, or Darko to score?

Our Knicks offensive playbook is set for 3-point shooting and "individual-performance", this is what I watched in the last 9 Knick games.
If someone seen differ please write it down???

richtree

Rotation player
Jefferies is a guyy that needs to hit the weights and just focus on becoming jacked out of his mind.

If you notice he had a little more bounce (youth) and bulid (prior to injury) so he seemed to be atheltic.

He makes millions of dollars and doesn't work out. Someone like that he not a winner. He is happy with medicore preformances.

Duhon is the same way. He should be ripped up and lighting fast. He parties to much and is too much of an ordinary guy and not a ball player.

At least with Eddie Curry I respect the fact that he can take the criticism and the blame and get back into shape so people remember him for something positive.

Adversity challenges character and you are seeing why guys like Hughes and Douglas have superior character. As much as I am disappointed about our record, we now have Hughes back into the rotation and a new Knick that will perform for us for the next 6 years in Douglas.

Gallo is a premier shooter in the NBA and can play the SideKick to a superstar.

David Lee is dissappointing in his physical body isn't where it needs to be, but he vastly improved his jump shot and respect in the league.

The players need someone like what Kobe/Fisher does for the Lakers. They workout and live basketball. Harrington dedicated himself on the off-season more than any other Knick and you have to respect that even if he isn't one of the league's top talents.

Being an Nba player requires a dedication all year round and some guys don't have that desire. Thats why we got rid of Q and Crawford. Q was fat (dropped 25 pounds now) and JC was lazy and selfish (still is).

The Knicks will fight every game put simply are too far behind phyisically to catch up. I think Jordan Hill will really come on later in the year and you may see a deadline deal to bring in someone that can provide some energy for the team, even if he isn't a big name.

Paul1355

All Star
Jefferies is a guyy that needs to hit the weights and just focus on becoming jacked out of his mind.

If you notice he had a little more bounce (youth) and bulid (prior to injury) so he seemed to be atheltic.

He makes millions of dollars and doesn't work out. Someone like that he not a winner. He is happy with medicore preformances.

Duhon is the same way. He should be ripped up and lighting fast. He parties to much and is too much of an ordinary guy and not a ball player.

At least with Eddie Curry I respect the fact that he can take the criticism and the blame and get back into shape so people remember him for something positive.

Adversity challenges character and you are seeing why guys like Hughes and Douglas have superior character. As much as I am disappointed about our record, we now have Hughes back into the rotation and a new Knick that will perform for us for the next 6 years in Douglas.

Gallo is a premier shooter in the NBA and can play the SideKick to a superstar.

David Lee is dissappointing in his physical body isn't where it needs to be, but he vastly improved his jump shot and respect in the league.

The players need someone like what Kobe/Fisher does for the Lakers. They workout and live basketball. Harrington dedicated himself on the off-season more than any other Knick and you have to respect that even if he isn't one of the league's top talents.

Being an Nba player requires a dedication all year round and some guys don't have that desire. Thats why we got rid of Q and Crawford. Q was fat (dropped 25 pounds now) and JC was lazy and selfish (still is).

The Knicks will fight every game put simply are too far behind phyisically to catch up. I think Jordan Hill will really come on later in the year and you may see a deadline deal to bring in someone that can provide some energy for the team, even if he isn't a big name.
good post i agree with most of it but David Lee has really shown that he might not come back next year with his horrible defense. I know he is not a Center and it's Mike D's fault for starting him there, but Lee honestly is one of the worst defending big men in the entire NBA.

Duhon looks like he gained weight and is slower this year, he really does look like he's fat/chubby.

Gallo would score a minimum of 16 ppg if he had a better PG to always feed him good passes. Duhon has failed to find Gallo open and/or draw defenders to him to get Gallo open.

If Gallo has a star with him then I see also see him shining with his shooting ability.

Harrington might be a hard worker but he has shown time and time again that in crunch time he always finds a way to screw it up. He puts too much pressure on himself and forces his shots. It's amazing how good he can be in clutch spots and then completely ruin it in one play. He is a streak player.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Out of the 4 rookies on the roster.....Gallo, ToneyD, Hill, and u have to add Landry, only one has earned 18 to 30 minutes of playintime from Preseason to the first 5 regular season games. And that rookie is not Gallo.

We are 1-8 for a reason, coach Dantoni is not being fair to all the players on our roster. So yes, performance has changed.

To put two rookies in the starting line-up before giving the "vets" ten (10) games to get their stuff together to form a "jellin or chemistry or formular" system so the rookies could look up to the vets and follow their lead with fresh young legs off the bench with a different creativeness.....we would probably have a 5-4 record now rather than a 1-8.
All big brothers like to shine at things when their little brother is watching.
How do u think the Knicks veterans are taking the idea of "two" unexperience rookies starting over them?
Do u actually think that Memphis Conley or Mayo should start over Allan Iverson?

At the start of the season coach Dantoni should have told Larry Hughes in front of all his teammates that he is owed 3 straight DNP's for this season, but the team need his service the first 10 games of the season. Our starters should've been from day one with this weak roster:

PG-Duhon
SG-Hughes
SF-Jefferies
PF-Harrington
C-Lee
6th-Nate
7th-Chandler
8th-Gallo
9th-Hill
10th-ToneyD
11th-Darko

At the start of the season we should have stuck with a 10-man rotation for the first 10 to 15 games of the season. This way it would give every player a fair chance on our weak roster, and a reason for "every-player" to work hard at improving themselves for the next game.
All 10 player should've got playingtime by the end of the 3rd quarter.
The 4th quarter is for winning players only!

All the publicity going to Gallo during the preseson is all good making him a "fan-favorite" to fill the seats at the Garden. But the 30 mpg of playintime was ridiculous and stupid as a coach. Especially not teaching or having 3 set plays for Gallo sweet shooting with 3 seconds on the clock.
Dantoni is a DUMMMMMY!!!

Agreed 100% on point post. D'Antoni switched the lineup half as much as Larry Brown did.

Side note: did anyone notice that Curry now looks slimmer than he did in the youtube video?

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
the only person outta the three i could see turning things around is curry. the only question is whether he'll do it in a knicks uniform or not.

Kiyaman

Legend
Last season we seen the chemistry in Duhon, Nate, Chandler, Harrington, and Lee, throughout that entire season.
Lopez or Gordon would've been perfect within that rotation.
And their performance would've made us select a need out of the 2009 draft.

It is looking to obvious that these Knick-players dont want to win for Dantoni.......or they are afraid that winning will have one or two of them traded with Curry or Jefferies for Donnie Walsh goal (2010 plan).

By us not trading any of the four (4) long contracts that interfere with the (salary cap of the) 2010 plan during the two (2) offseason we had.....is what really had me peeed-off and so upset with Donnie Walsh as our new strategy president.

This 1-9 start I expected to happen last year, but President Walsh lockerroom speech "Every player will be starting this season with a clean slate", it had me and Knick players (except Curry) believing him so the team started last season playing .600 B.Ball. When he could have saved that lockerroom speech for this season b/c it was to obvious of his tanking last season (for a 2009 lottery pick).

The biggest regret is Donnie Walsh did not have a plan on how to get rid of just 4 contract players within two-offseasons and one entire (2008-9) season for his big 2010 plan.

I'm sure if Curry and Jefferies contracts were no longer on the Knicks salary cap at the start of this season.....each Knick-player would be performing twice as better than they did the previous season having a year of experience with their teammates under their belt to make an underdog team of role-players a threat to every oponent.

P.S. Not bashing the Gallo pick.....but common sense said that PF-Zach and PF-Lee needed a Defensive Center like what Brook Lopez showed his last two years in college.