10.3 points
1.0 steals
52% FG
50% 3pt
95% FT
2 rebounds
3.2 assist
1 turnover

Could of really excelled in this offense.

No offense to Tony Douglas, but he's a 6"1 SG...how far can we go with that? He's just doing good because Duhon and Hughes are bums.

We could of have Chase Budinger or DeJuan Blair(I prefer Blair)

Line up would be

Starting 5
Lawson (potential 20 ppg scoring with 7-8 assist)
Hughes (15 ppg scorer)
Gallinari (15-18 ppg scorer)
Blair (This man is already one of the best rebounders in the NBA and is a much better talent than Lee, doesnt have an ego like Lee)
Milicic (shot blocking and post defense we desperately need)

Bench
Duhon (is finally at where he would be, back up PG)
Robinson (instant scoring off the bench)
Harrington (instant scoring off the bench)
Jefferies (pseudo defense)
Curry (hope)

I would then send Lee and Chandler off a trade since they have trade value, probably package Curry and Jefferies in there.

Successful Trade Scenario
Congratulations on a successful trade.

Due to New York and Chicago being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. New York and Chicago had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Knicks trade
Chandler
Lee
Jefferies
Curry

Bulls trade
Gibson
Hunter(expiring)
Thomas (expiring)
James (expiring)
Miller (expiring)

Knicks
Lawson/Duhon/Hunter
Hughes/Robinson
Gallinari/Harrington
Blair/Thomas/Gibson
Miller/Milicic/James

Bulls
Rose/Hinrich
Salmons/Pargo
Deng/Chandler/Jefferies
Lee/Johnson
Noah/Gray

This would give us maximal cap space, and let us sign Lebron or Wade

2010-11 Knicks
Lawson/Duhon
James/Robinson
Gallinari/Harrington
Blair/Thomas
Milicic/Gibson

Why can't I be GM of the Knicks?

Last edited:

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
i was calling for any of the point guards in the draft, i knew they would perform better than expected. and while i never expected chris duhorrible to play this bad, i also didnt expect him to play as good as he did in the first half of the season. the only solace i can find in watching flynn, jennings and lawson do well is the hope that jordan hill will turn into a digusting Cb4/Stat hybrid and thatricky rubio will somehow find his way on this team. i can dream lol

Last edited:

nyk_nyk

All Star

Ty Lawson
21 minutes
10.3 points
1.0 steals
52% FG
50% 3pt
95% FT
2 rebounds
3.2 assist
1 turnover

Could of really excelled in this offense.

No offense to Tony Douglas, but he's a 6"1 SG...how far can we go with that? He's just doing good because Duhon and Hughes are bums.

We could of have Chase Budinger or DeJuan Blair(I prefer Blair)

Line up would be

Starting 5
Lawson (potential 20 ppg scoring with 7-8 assist)
Hughes (15 ppg scorer)
Gallinari (15-18 ppg scorer)
Blair (This man is already one of the best rebounders in the NBA and is a much better talent than Lee, doesnt have an ego like Lee)
Milicic (shot blocking and post defense we desperately need)

Bench
Duhon (is finally at where he would be, back up PG)
Robinson (instant scoring off the bench)
Harrington (instant scoring off the bench)
Jefferies (pseudo defense)
Curry (hope)

I would then send Lee and Chandler off a trade since they have trade value, probably package Curry and Jefferies in there.

Successful Trade Scenario
Congratulations on a successful trade.

Due to New York and Chicago being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. New York and Chicago had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Knicks trade
Chandler
Lee
Jefferies
Curry

Bulls trade
Gibson
Hunter(expiring)
Thomas (expiring)
James (expiring)
Miller (expiring)

Knicks
Lawson/Duhon/Hunter
Hughes/Robinson
Gallinari/Harrington
Blair/Thomas/Gibson
Miller/Milicic/James

Bulls
Rose/Hinrich
Salmons/Pargo
Deng/Chandler/Jefferies
Lee/Johnson
Noah/Gray

This would give us maximal cap space, and let us sign Lebron or Wade

2010-11 Knicks
Lawson/Duhon
James/Robinson
Gallinari/Harrington
Blair/Thomas
Milicic/Gibson

Why can't I be GM of the Knicks?

LOL, so you would actually re-sign Darko and anoint him our starting center?

Scribbles

Rotation player
Just another chapter in the book entitled..

Could've, Should've, Would've - A Chronicle of the New York Knicks (2000-2010)

I always said to draft Blair....

Kiyaman

Legend
Ty Lawson was on the trading-block the moment Minny drafted him.....he is an uptempo speed racing PG with outstanding passing-skillz.

The Knicks would have been Blessed if they pulled off a robbery of getting PF-Hill, PG-Lawson, and Combo-Douglas, this offseason out of the draft.
I still would've resigned Lee & Nate for their experience around these rookies, and offered Rasheed Wallace a 1 year number he can not refuse for his experience around these rookies. However........

This 2009 draft Donnie Walsh has topped all of his 20 years of drafting by selecting Jordan Hill and Toney Douglas.

Now this loss to GS (1-9) ends all discussions about Dantoni.....he is a "celebrity coach" and the worst coach for this Knick Job.
New coaches have to coach to their new team strengths and build from there, not give up b/c they dont perform like his last team where he inhereted 3-4 ALL-STAR players.
On the strength of rookie Gallo is the only reason why Dantoni is still employed by the Knicks......if the Knicks lose to the next two teams which one consist of the 0-11 Nets......Dantoni should be FIRED a hour after that game...

or we are TANKING for the Utah Jazz

metrocard

Legend
LOL, so you would actually re-sign Darko and anoint him our starting center?

Darko starting wouldnt be a big deal when you have the fantastic four of Lawson(speed/passing) James(explosiveness and godding) Gallinari(shooting) Blair(banging the boards)

SgtOrange

Benchwarmer
There is no chance Mike D gets sacked, he is our main draw for free agents next season, as sad as that is. I still believe his system works when you get his players and that defense will come when you don't have half the team on 1 year deals. I have a feeling Lawson could still be had, would anyone object to Douglas + Chandler for Lawson?

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Ty Lawson was on the trading-block the moment Minny drafted him.....he is an uptempo speed racing PG with outstanding passing-skillz.

The Knicks would have been Blessed if they pulled off a robbery of getting PF-Hill, PG-Lawson, and Combo-Douglas, this offseason out of the draft.
I still would've resigned Lee & Nate for their experience around these rookies, and offered Rasheed Wallace a 1 year number he can not refuse for his experience around these rookies. However........

This 2009 draft Donnie Walsh has topped all of his 20 years of drafting by selecting Jordan Hill and Toney Douglas.

Now this loss to GS (1-9) ends all discussions about Dantoni.....he is a "celebrity coach" and the worst coach for this Knick Job.
New coaches have to coach to their new team strengths and build from there, not give up b/c they dont perform like his last team where he inhereted 3-4 ALL-STAR players.
On the strength of rookie Gallo is the only reason why Dantoni is still employed by the Knicks......if the Knicks lose to the next two teams which one consist of the 0-11 Nets......Dantoni should be FIRED a hour after that game...

or we are TANKING for the Utah Jazz

I'm looking forward to d'antoni being fired.

On draft night we could of easily picked up lawson by trading chandler. We really missed out on that opportunity.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
The problem is D'Antoni prefers to play Duhon and Chandler who are not doing good instead of playing Hill who has played good whenever he's been in there.D'Antoni would have given Lawson two seconds a game.

JayJ44

Starter
The problem is D'Antoni prefers to play Duhon and Chandler who are not doing good instead of playing Hill who has played good whenever he's been in there.D'Antoni would have given Lawson two seconds a game.

He doesn't play Hill because plays like ass in practice. He has no problem giving minutes to Douglas, because he's NBA ready, like Lawson and unlike Hill. Lawson would have gotten ROY consideration if the Knicks drafted him.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Look.....The NBA Draft is not an exact science! If it was then there would be no such things as a steal

Now I followed all the Draft Threads and all the talk was about was Curry, Rubio, and Jrue Holiday, so now that Ty Lawson and Brandon Jennings are having these great starts to the season now all the Threads are about dumb Walsh is for not drafting these players.

The fact remains is that Ty Lawson is playing a stress free role right now! He is backing up one of the Best PG's in the league on a very talented team. Now it would be foolish to think he would put up the numbers he is now as the full-time starting PG for The Knicks in his rookie season.....just like if we continue to start Douglas it will turn midnight on Cinderella before long and he will struggle.

Look Mil. drafted a major bust in probably one of the most talented drafts in recent years and then gets possibly a major steal in a weak draft the very next season, no team gets it right every year, Orlando wisely chooses Dwight Howard -a highschool player- over Okafor -most dominent player in NCAA- but that they also wasted a pick on Vazquez

Again, lets remember teams get burned all the time in the draft -it is as common as injuries in Sports- and lets also let more than 9 games go by before considering Hill a bust

Thanks.

Last edited:

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Look.....The NBA Draft is not an exact science! If it was then there would be no such things as a steal

Now I followed all the Draft Threads and all the talk was about was Curry, Rubio, and Jrue Holiday, so now that Ty Lawson and Brandon Jennings are having these great starts to the season now all the Threads are about dumb Walsh is for not drafting these players.

The fact remains is that Ty Lawson is playing a stress free role right now! He is backing up one of the Best PG's in the league on a very talented team. Now it would be foolish to think he would put up the numbers he is now as the full-time starting PG for The Knicks in his rookie season.....just like if we continue to start Douglas it will turn midnight on Cinderella before long and he will struggle.

Look Mil. drafted a major bust in probably one of the most talented drafts in recent years and then gets possibly a major steal in a weak draft the very next season, no team gets it right every year, Orlando wisely chooses Dwight Howard -a highschool player- over Okafor -most dominent player in NCAA- but that they also wasted a pick on Vazquez

Again, lets remember teams get burned all the time in the draft -it is as common as injuries in Sports- and lets also let more than 9 games go by before considering Hill a bust

Thanks.

I agree with you 50% here.

I didn't want Jennings cause his attitude seemed too immature for my taste, but i remember a hell of a lotta people here wanted Lawson..me included

metrocard

Legend
lol...."stress free", seriously?

Lawson is a NCAA Champion and a proven leader, he could play with stress or without.

And coming off the bench, theres no room for error. You have to impress the team as a rookie. I don't know how being a NBA rookie, esecpailly a PG is "stress free", especially when the standard is Chauncey Billups. When your a starter, your job and position is already SET, you could make errors but the coach is still going to stick with you, look at D'Antoni and Duhon for example.

Lawson is going to be a top 5 PG in the NBA, mark my words...I wanted Rubio, if not Rubio, then Lawson.

I was telling people we had to draft Lawson at 8, and people said it was too high.

SMH.

mafra

Legend
It's hard to really fathom what went on with the Knick's draft strategy. I really wanted Eric Gordon but they selected Danillo Galinari. I was perplexed b/c I thought Gordon could have been molded into a Steve Nash clone.

BUT, after watching the NBA playoffs last season (watching the success that 6"10' point-forwards who can shoot were having) and then seeing Danillo with my own eyes this year... WELL, I can tell you that I think the Knicks made a fantastic choice.

Danilo has the talent, the touch, the competitiveness and brains that are rare to find in a true 6"10' body! Gordon is solid (and Lopez emerged as a legit center), but I have to give credit where credit is due.

WITH THAT SAID..... Let's take a look at the last draft. WAY TOO EARLY to judge. I mean, look at Courtney Lee. He looked great playing a role in ORL last year but is doing nothing this year. SO, playing a reserve role in DEN is alot different than being stuck here in NY.

STILL.... I was one person (and I'm a Duke fan) who was high on Ty Lawson. He was clearly the MVP (though Tyler Hansboro got the attention). When Lawson played well, UNC was unbeatable. He runs, is tough (NBA ready) and makes big shots. He would have been a terrific PG here.

The question remained: was he worth the 8th pick? As it turned out though (and Walsh is pal's with Minny's new GM) Ty Lawson could've been had IF.... Would Chandler get it done? Was that a fair trade? Who knows.

As for BJ and the rest of our options.... LOOK, we have to reserve judgement and see how it plays out. David Lee will not be here next year. Jordan Hill has the shooting touch to be the perfect D'ant PF. He's also a fresh, raw, big body. Let's not base our evaluations on who is best through 10 games, but who is best in 3 years.

I also liked Douglas.... STILL, Blair was a NO BRAINER. The knees might have scared you.... but if we drafted Hill and Blair, and traded for Lawson. I would be happy (and maybe we still trade for Rubio).

SO, if we end up getting Rubio here, and Hill becomes a force.... Like Danillo.... we'll forget about everything else.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I would have loved to have Lawson too. Unbridled speed, D, Winner, instant factor.

If it weren't for Douglas [who's still pretty raw], this year would be fubar.

Hill is a muppet
. Sadly, Donnie was trying to fill Lee's potential post exit void. Now as it turns out, Lee is playing like a ballerina and Hill constantly fails to impress.

I'm ****ing sick of this year so far.

KBlack25

Starter
If it weren't for Douglas [who's still pretty raw], this year would be fubar.

I don't think you can doubt the way Gallo has played, I think he's done a lot of things well...him and Douglas I feel like are the cores to build around...but the team still needs a game changer, ultimately they are second-fiddle type guys at best.