Monta Ellis to NY? Would you?

clumsy

Rotation player
"Curry-Jeffries-Mobley-Chandler for Ellis-Randolph-Turiaf-Bell"

We def have to give up Lee + Chandler + whoever else to make the salaries work to even have a shot at Ellis + Randolph . I do not see how this deal happens.

Personly, I think it would be an awful move. Ellis is overrated and Randolph ain't as good as Chandler. Plus an in-shape Curry is deffinatly better than Darko and Turiaf!! Some of them lineups posted looked a lot worse than what we got now imo.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Get the ball rolling!

nba_ellis_nelson_576.jpg

Ellis' last 3 games have been epic. Superstar numbers on both ends. 113 points in 3 games more than 10 steals as well as some suffocating defense against Brandon Roy.

At this stage, I'd approve - obviously - on the Ellis trade. He's like a greyhound when he gets that ball and does the one thing I wish Chandler would do:

He attacks the basket.

He fits the mold of a D' Antoni player with handles and speed. He's got that Sprewell attack method of head down and heat seek. Something we sorely lack.

Also, at $11m/season Monta Ellis leaves a lot of room in the cap for us - roughly $16m where as a superstar like James or Wade will easily be bringing in $19-20m. The nasty part of his contract is that it lasts until 2014.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Basically, I'm trying to stress this point:

With an Ellis, we can afford to spread our cap space out between say... Ellis & Bosh or Ellis and Amare for example and get away with it courtesy of the MLE.

After picking at number 8 for a player that sees what? 5 minutes/game on average? And with Nate and Lee remaining stagnant, I suggest (not that Donnie's listening) that action be taken instead of an almost catatonic approach to the upcoming off-season.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back to Ellis,

There's talk of his uncoachability, but it's not like Nellie, who I think is a moron, hasn't been pissing off his players his WHOLE ****ing career. He's shipped out that many stars from GS courtesy of feuds that have never materialized in those specific stars next locations. Webber, Hardaway, Richmond, to name but a few.

So, I say that a player LIKE Ellis (not necessarily Ellis but I think it's a good move) would be good for us. No more flying blind with all your million dollar eggs in a 14k gold basket merely hoping things are going to materialize as you'd hoped.

Get the ball rolling on shaping the future.

To be continued.....

Mr.Nine

Rookie
Yup, the trade should have been done at the beginning of the season or after all that talk about Ellis and Nelson not getting along. The other day before or after GS played Portland, Ellis was upset that no one pays attention to his defensive side of the game and was determined to show everybody he can play 'd'. That's the kind of mentality the Knicks need on the team. Again no superstars that are going into the prime of their careers (& actually care about winning) wants to play on a rebuilding team with not enough talent.

thecore

Rookie
Monta seems like a quite problematic player and the Knicks have had enough of those..I don't think GS will trade him though.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Another huge outing for Ellis.

45 + 5 rebounds.

Obviously a bit of a snap show though.

+ 7 turnovers and 1 assist.

Although I like Monta, I think D'Antoni will ask Donnie to go after someone else. His style doesn't fit the PG style D'Antoni wants.

clumsy

Rotation player
Winning solves alot of problems. I think Monta would bring a pure #1 option to NY which is good. He isn't a pure PG but i think that is ok.

I don't blame players when they tell the truth to the media. He is 100% right about feeling slighted by poor Warrior management.

BTW what about baron davis?