What is going on in New Orleans?

pat

Starter
What do you think: Was the team playing against the coach? Are there any quarrels with Chris Paul? Usually you don't get better once your best player is sidelined.

I think there are only these two options. To me it seems like too big a change in attitude and overall performance to explain it by factors such as luck, the schedule, being rusty after the offseason.

i dont believe its anything other than a team that is not that talented had a rough stretch and got afew breaks recently, but over the span of a year to say tht they are better without chris paul is the dumbest thing ever

pat

Starter
i dont believe its anything other than a team that is not that talented had a rough stretch and got afew breaks recently, but over the span of a year to say tht they are better without chris paul is the dumbest thing ever

I am not saying that. What I meant is this: There are two possible explanations: a.) they played against their coach and b.) they played against Chris Paul, because there are quarrels. He is the best player by far on that roster. This would mean that they could be looking for trades.

Starks

Starter
I think its largely finnacial motivated. There's been some rumors that the team is in a deep money crisis and that they may go bankrupt or something.

Chris Paul will not be there in 2 seasons because they can't afford him. And in 4 seasons, the team may not even be in existance. Seattle is going to get another team and New Orleans is on the block for being sold.

When these types of things go on, its no shock to see a team look like it doesn't care