Artest: NY Pressure Too High for FAs

League MVP so far?

• Total voters

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Players scared to sign with Knicks?

Ron Artest | Lakers

Artest says players won't sign with the Knicks because of the pressure of New York.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's an ESPN insider article, so there's no telling what else he said cos I'm not paying to read anything without pictures of tits in it.

But the opening sentence is enough to raise an eyebrow.

I don't think Ron's the most reliable source of realism re the outlook of players from other teams, but again, you've gotta wonder how much truth is behind it...?

ANU

Starter
not as much as nyc tuner.there is a difference believe it or not.laker fans are some of the worst fans i the nba.i mean they sell out and all, and management actually knows about basketball, but their fans have been desensitize by winning so much.i'd say the thunder have better fans than they do.no one is gonna be scared in front of a bunch of celebrities.

Last edited:

clumsy

Rotation player
as someone with tons of friends and family in california...i can tell you there is 0 pressure. No one gives a crap about anything in California. cuz if the lakers are garb they can just go to the beach in the winter and holler at blond girls.

ESPECIALLY northern california (most laid back place in the united states)....it's why i don't think a northern california team is ever going to win a championship. Frisco and Oakland are jsut too laid back. I mean they let you smoke blunts on the street or at worse ask you to move to an alley....

clumsy

Rotation player
I Think the thing about the Knicks is that we really do have a crazy amount of die hard fans (bigger population with our metro area, the fact that bars/clubs are kinda dead on weekdays during the winter). Add the fact we haven't won a chip in a long time, means that the pressure is high on FA. We have run many coaches and players out of town. Hell people used to boo Patrick Ewing, a top 50 player of all time.

That's why players are attracted to cities like Miami. It has all the perks....no one goes to their games even in playoff time (Because you have more options)

You have tons of hot women everywhere, and can have a wild party any day of the week. The only negative is the chance of hurricanes

I Wont say that it is because they have more options man, its because the knicks just suck
management made all the wrong moves to keep us from ever getting a big name star after ewing
if you listen to the players and former players every player LOVED AND LOVES playing in new york. Nate Lee, have been losing for years and they dont want to leave. There are options ITS NYC guy I live here man and trust me there is just as much a night life as their is any where else in the world

ANd I dont believe it has anything to do with pressure, I think it has to do with money

Artest can say all he wants about how it is too much pressure to get players here, but in truth players dont come to the knicks for one reason

WE CANT AFFORD THEM.

clumsy

Rotation player
LOL i live here too. But trust me i've been around america...NYC it is not the best party city.

then you havent been going to the right spots man. I have been to miami, cali, denver, LA hawaii, yeah when you go there to visit it seems unreal, but come on now, NY has everything .