Suns vs. Knicks

KBlack25

Starter
Great win against a good team.

Gallo looked great, I don't think there's any doubt he's our best player.

Chances Larry Hughes is our best guard? I'd say pretty good.

We have to move Nate, when we win and play well he has no spot on the court (hence his lack of minutes and thus lack of contribution in our best game so far), and hopefully Jefferies played well enough for someone to bite.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Larry Hughes is a pretty damned good player, I dare say. He's not AMAZING, but he plays defense and was great moving the ball tonight. I say he and Toney Douglas should probably be our starting guards. Nate has no role on our team if we actually want to win because he doesn't play defense. Douglas was ACC defender of the year and Larry Hughes is our best man defender.

There's no doubt in my mind that Danilo is our best player. The kid is damned good, and so far might be one of the best 3 point shooters in all of the NBA. David Lee with four steals? I suppose it helps that the Suns don't really play defense either...

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
:D see im so happy when i see the knicks play this well, then i get all depressed and ask myself why cant they play like this every night? gallo was great, hughes was good, lee was good, harrington was good, (gulp) jeffries nd chandler didnt play to bad. duhorrible and robinson didnt mess anything up, and douglass and hill kept the bench nice nd warm. hopefully this is a sign of things to come for the knicsk

robert56

Benchwarmer
Nice game, thanks to the Suns for giving their old coach a home win.

So we win by 27 points, which is more points than we scored in the fourth quarter alone, and yet he still does not give Darko any playing time, he plays everyone else. What the hell is going on?

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Unbelievable. We beat the Suns.

Gallo looked amazingly good.

Hughes is our best guard all round.

Jefferies had 4 blocks but is still smelly.

I can feel good about this team until the next losing streak.

Wicked

robert56

Benchwarmer

One way or another we we will either begin a small winning streak with our next game or go back to our losing streak again. I hope it's another win but who knows this coach loves losing

Torp

Benchwarmer
I only watched the first half. But numerous times I saw great cuts into the lane where a knick was open for a rather open layup.

Was this a set play or just the suns not playing defense? I'm assuming it was at least semi-set, b/c multiple times the suns had no defense in the paint. I'd like to see that play more.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Unbelievable. We beat the Suns.

Gallo looked amazingly good.

Hughes is our best guard all round.

Jefferies had 4 blocks but is still smelly.

Wicked

beat them? we shitted on them hahah

and Gallo was nasty, we need to feed him the ball after tonight he could do so much on the court

Hughes and Douglas for our starting backcourt! we need to play the young guys more!

tiger0330

Legend
Key to the game was they held the Suns to less than 100 pts tonight. First game that Phx has been held to less than 100 this season, good effort by the guys.

Only disappointment to me was Jordan Hill, you can see he's raw and a project. Wish they got someone that was more NBA ready with the pick than Hill.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Jordan Hill is raw and needs to polish his game. He needs work on decision making. Seriously, taking seven shots in under seven minutes is a pretty good sign that you're trying to do way too much. He's talented, though, and he also grabbed three boards and an offensive rebound in that six minutes so he'll be alright eventually.

Jared Jeffries - 5 offensive rebounds? I like it. Hopefully Amare now thinks "hey, these guys kicked my ass...man, they're good! Let's go there!"

In my dreams, maybe.

tiger0330

Legend
Nice game, thanks to the Suns for giving their old coach a home win.

So we win by 27 points, which is more points than we scored in the fourth quarter alone, and yet he still does not give Darko any playing time, he plays everyone else. What the hell is going on?

I agree, doesn't even play Darko in garbage time. I don't get D'antoni but Darko must be pissed, yeah he's not a SSOL type of player but he's still got 2 good knees unlike that waste of a roster space Eddie Curry.

iSaYughh

Starter
Gotta enjoy a glorious win like tonight. Let's hope this galvanizes D'Ant/Walsh into really allowing Gallo to flex his skills.

Nate needs to be showcased, put up the "numbers", and traded, ASAP. And it is beyond obvious that Hughes and Douglas need to be our big players at guard, but use Nate strategically so we can dump him with, perhaps, Jeffries or Curry.

I don't get not playing Darko like this, though, unless they have already decided that they have 0 interest in him this season or in the future. In which, case, aight.

We really can't look at this season like any other (normal smh) franchise. All I care about it trading Curry and Jeffries -- by way of Nate, Harrington, Lee...so be it.

Allow Gallo to develop and show himself, as well as Douglas. Set us up to have a legit shot at 2 FA's, and the chance that Walsh can work some magic for Flynn, Rubio (Devin Harris?).

metrocard

Legend
Best line up that would work

Douglas
Hughes
Gallinari
Lee
Hill

6th man
Harrington

Back up guard - Duhon
Back up forward - Chandler
Back up center - Darko

Scipio

Benchwarmer
Just finished watching the game on Video on demand.

Wow, was I really watching the New York Knicks?

They were passing the ball, defending well and finidng the open man. Even Duhon managed to score a couple of lay-ups. Okay, the Suns were having an off day but I prefer to be positive about our team. After all you can only play against the team that are put in front of you.

Gallo was amazing. He has been quiet the past few games but was showing all his skills. the fact that his rebounding numbers are improving surely proves that he has regained his confidence about his weakened back.

I think that D`Antoini has no interest in playing Darko. Otherwise why not give him some minutes during the fourth quarter.

I`d like to think that Duhon was finally unmasked and that D`Antoni will finally take off his rose tinted spectacles but I think that Duhon will simply continue to play because the coach seems to love him.

Well done Knicks. Something to finally cheer about.

Giants89FLY

Rotation player
I unfortunately was working and missed the game (Thank God For DVR)... But let me get this right... D'ant played everyone except Darko? WTF is up with that?

p0nder

Starter
GALLO!!!!!!!!!

HOLY ****ING SHIT YESS!!! that was a dominant performance by GALLO and Hughes! We played DEFENSE on the most offensive power house in the league. First team in nearly 20 games to hold them under 100 pts. Are you KIDDING ME??? THESE KIDS COULD PLAY DEFENSE THIS WHOLE TIME??????

Ball movement, good decisions and the guys coming out and playing aggressively, attacking the basket, hustling for offensive boards, executing SSOL offense and overall just playing with an INTENSITY and desire that was non-existent for nearly 20 games.

Great night to be a knicks fan! lets hope they can build some momentum off of this. They have to beleive they can play ball with the best of ;'em after shitting all over the suns last night.

Giants89FLY

Rotation player
I LOVED what Clyde said at the end of the 3rd "WHO ARE THESE GUYS!?!?!?"

Best we've seen the knicks play in YEARS!

Now if we can get some sort of consistency....

mafra

Legend
I LOVED what Clyde said at the end of the 3rd "WHO ARE THESE GUYS!?!?!?"

Best we've seen the knicks play in YEARS!

Now if we can get some sort of consistency....

Like D'ant's comments after the game, when he said he didn't know what to do the last 8 minutes: who to put in, when to sub. Not used to playing ahead like that! Classic.