NY KNICKS vs. ORLANDO MAGIC

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
im watching on the magic network online and the annoucers were talking bout gallo a LOT. looks like our future star is getting some rep around the league. 7 points in the first quarter. only real bad shot was one where he was contested and he tilted away. knicks down by 8 though, hopefully comeback is brewing

iSaYughh

Starter
We can't win allowing them to penetrate inside like this....they are putting rapes on us out on the court....and it sucks seeing Patrick spur Howard on and give him tips....

Darko. Now.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
i wish we just had the knowledge of why darko isnt playing. is he really doing that bad in practice? kinda scares me that he could be that bad. robinson was in the doghouse he didnt see anytime. the more i see jordan hill, the more i want brandon jennings. toney douglass looked great in garbage minutes, he really put points on the board. wheres eddy curry btw? i know he cant defend but at least put a big body on Dwight Howard. Unless curry was injured, i cant fathom why dantoni wouldnt at least give him a try. duhon was bad, hughes was bad, chandler was bad till garbage time. ppl will see 24 points and think he played well, but trust me he CHUCKED and CHUCKED doing his best impression of Jamal Crawford except he couldnt hit shit until the magic had some nonexistent bench player guarding him. and gallinari had an off shooting night, but still put up 20 points. not to bad. overall cant say i expected to the knicks to win this one, just wish we could be more competitive.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
on a side note, i still remember last year how some game threads took people a couple hours to finish. now it'd be surprising if one took more than a minute to make cause the knicks suck so ****in bad. god i just want 2010 to start already. this year is pissing me off

robert56

Benchwarmer
Darko has played for better teams than this one so why isn't he playing now? He's a 7 footer with 6 fouls to give, he could have caused Dwight some problems tonight and the other night. What is wrong with this coach?

BlackH20

Benchwarmer
last night worked, so change it

Game time in a couple minutes...

Last night worked, Hughes literally working the point from the right side of the backcourt, best outcome of the year, right?
Tonight, Duhon is back again, slowly bringing the ball up court, never a long pass, no speed, I'm lost. Didn't the coaches see the speed of the game the night before? The players were up for tonight, the coach sucked the wind right out of them.
Hughes wasn't hitting, but he wasn't even playing the role of last night, D'Antonio has to go with Duhon the whole game until it's flushed early third quarter. Hughes sat in the corner waiting to run his slash plays to the top of the key, not moving the ball, no chances for repeating the assist like last night.
I haven't pulled Duhon's stats, but I don't have to, for the minutes he get's on the court, I don't see why Robinson or Douglas is not out there more? It's like playing 4 players and Gallo's Dad must of gave D'Antonio a sweet deal somewhere. Duhon, just too many turnovers, no hands, no defense, no speed, but this guy gets all the minutes and plays in slow motion. At least Gallo get's his three's on and is developing (but will be spent by all star break).
Then what did Robinson do to have to sit next to Darko, that train is boarding for Europe is six months. D'Antonio can be cold on everyone but Duhon and Galo, two pets. Galo, I can live with, there is hope, but the defense on Lewis and Pietrus was just terrible. Lewis broke out of his slump, nobody covered him. Jordon Hill is going to take 7 years to develop, when you take a guy that high in the draft, with the state of the Knicks, you need to contribute now. Lebron will be excited to play with Hill (ya, right). Finally, can someone tell me why Harrington has to sit the first 5-7 minutes and be the Knicks top scorer? Is that what the guy prefers this or does D'Antonio just like giving up 4-6 points early each game?
If D'Antonio finds something that works, he is going to change it the next night, talk about screwing with your teams mind. These players are better than their record, this coach changes so much that if something works, he keeps changing, he wants the exact player to fill the role he wants. Sorry Coach, not going to work with this crew, your not even four deep.

Kiyaman

Legend
Last night worked, Hughes literally working the point from the right side of the backcourt, best outcome of the year, right?
Tonight, Duhon is back again, slowly bringing the ball up court, never a long pass, no speed, I'm lost. Didn't the coaches see the speed of the game the night before? The players were up for tonight, the coach sucked the wind right out of them.
Hughes wasn't hitting, but he wasn't even playing the role of last night, D'Antonio has to go with Duhon the whole game until it's flushed early third quarter. Hughes sat in the corner waiting to run his slash plays to the top of the key, not moving the ball, no chances for repeating the assist like last night.
I haven't pulled Duhon's stats, but I don't have to, for the minutes he get's on the court, I don't see why Robinson or Douglas is not out there more? It's like playing 4 players and Gallo's Dad must of gave D'Antonio a sweet deal somewhere. Duhon, just too many turnovers, no hands, no defense, no speed, but this guy gets all the minutes and plays in slow motion. At least Gallo get's his three's on and is developing (but will be spent by all star break).
Then what did Robinson do to have to sit next to Darko, that train is boarding for Europe is six months. D'Antonio can be cold on everyone but Duhon and Galo, two pets. Galo, I can live with, there is hope, but the defense on Lewis and Pietrus was just terrible. Lewis broke out of his slump, nobody covered him. Jordon Hill is going to take 7 years to develop, when you take a guy that high in the draft, with the state of the Knicks, you need to contribute now. Lebron will be excited to play with Hill (ya, right). Finally, can someone tell me why Harrington has to sit the first 5-7 minutes and be the Knicks top scorer? Is that what the guy prefers this or does D'Antonio just like giving up 4-6 points early each game?
If D'Antonio finds something that works, he is going to change it the next night, talk about screwing with your teams mind. These players are better than their record, this coach changes so much that if something works, he keeps changing, he wants the exact player to fill the role he wants. Sorry Coach, not going to work with this crew, your not even four deep.

Great Read.....accept for the Jordan Hill comment.
I'm sure Jordan Hill, Darko, and Curry's 6 fouls each on Howard would've kept the game close.
Jordan Hill is a natural PF that needs a Bigman-coach that will make him shoot the ball only when in the paint. All that outside shooting from Jordan Hill is a product of Dantoni's poor coaching of a bigman (that is why I dont want Amare as a FA). All these Bigmen coming into the NBA trying to shoot like Dirk is a JOKE...

Kiyaman

Legend
Somethin must be done about Dantoni

I had to work extra late, which isn't bad untill u bumb into the 8:00 P.M. traffic that drags to make a 30 minute ride into a hour and a half.
The game was over when I got home, but looking at the stats (the first 3 quarters 92-70), and seeing Nate Robinson earned a Dantoni's DNP..........thats it! Dantoni has no bussiness being a headcoach, he is to personal, and using playingtime and DNP as an outlet for his revenge on players do not belong in New York.

The Knicks played the number #1 team in the league that shoot the most 3-balls per game, and to deny Nate Robinson a shot at the 3-Ball contest to match scoring.....is the reason for the Knicks low scoring in the 2nd quarter (16 points), and getting blown out the 3rd quarter by the Magics 41 points in that quarter.

To not know that Nate Robinson was supposed to be a Knick starter after his performance last season......to not make Nate a Knick starter when we have the addition of Hughes & Douglas to come off the bench to replace Nate's 6th-man explosion......plus to have started 4 to 5 different players in the last 19 games at the position inwhich Nate Robinson suppose to be starting at......there is no f.....ing excuse.
This is the coaching of a Knick-Fan with a luv-hate relation for different Knick players. Not a NBA headcoach with strategy...

p0nder

Starter
why in the world does D'antoni think that Lee can cover howard?? we've already played the magic and saw that it would not work, so why not try something different??? I thought we were supposed to be playing through Eddie Curry? Where was he last night when we needed him?

We need the fire back in these players. You can't only come out and compete against the suns because they're your coaches old team. You gotta bring it every night.

But when you play players out of natural positions, you leave mismatches on the floor the other team is going to take advantage of that and it is demoralizing to your players. If d'ant really is a "players coach" he should do DLee a big favor and play him at the 4 instead of leaving him out there to get pushed around by a beast like howard. I would also like to see more help defense from those around the paint. Everyone just gawking as howard puts it down on you is not helping the shituation.

WAKE UP KNICKS!! YOU NOW KNOW YOU ARE BETTER THEN THIS! GET ON WITH THE SEASON ALREADY!

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Darko

Darko was never known for working hard. He must be dogging it at practice and relaxing on the bench as he deposits his checks and awaits his return to Europe. I cannot imagine any other reason for not playng him at all. He just does not give a damn.

I watched last night's game with Orlando on NBA League Pass. It came with Orlando's announcers. They were high on Gallo but had some negative comments about Hill. Not so much about his abilities, but about his work ethic as evidenced in the pre-game warm-ups. I went to an exhibition game against the Celtics. In the pre-game shoot around, Hill was only shooting the breeze with Herb Williams. Otherwise he did not take a single shot. In fact, i do not think he moved at all.

Kiyaman

Legend
Darko was never known for working hard. He must be dogging it at practice and relaxing on the bench as he deposits his checks and awaits his return to Europe. I cannot imagine any other reason for not playng him at all. He just does not give a damn.

I watched last night's game with Orlando on NBA League Pass. It came with Orlando's announcers. They were high on Gallo but had some negative comments about Hill. Not so much about his abilities, but about his work ethic as evidenced in the pre-game warm-ups. I went to an exhibition game against the Celtics. In the pre-game shoot around, Hill was only shooting the breeze with Herb Williams. Otherwise he did not take a single shot. In fact, i do not think he moved at all.

Any wise coach would've used Darko's 6 fouls on Howard, Curry's 6 fouls on Howard, and Hill's 6 fouls on Howard.

All three bigmen came to play this season, the same as Marbury came to play last season.
Dantoni DNP on Nate should say something about his character as a Knick coach. I dont care how much Breen & Clyde tried to justify Dantoni's stupid decision-making. Breen & Clyde justified Larry Brown every decision (23 win season).