Knicks/Bulls In Discussions For Tyrus Thomas

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
Bulls lost at home by 32 points, 110-78 by the Raptors. Make the damn trade, I don't see Harrington being a key player for us. Tyrus Thomas would give us length, defense, and he should of being our pick back in 2006 (2nd pick overall that the Bulls got for the Curry trade). Harrington is playing for himself and not the team. I feel the same as Nellie felt when he traded Al to us and I quote, "he thinks he's better than what he really is." Al's value is at all time high, get anything for him.

Last edited:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Bulls are down by 30 points, 80-50 by Raptors tonight in the 3rd period. Irrelevant!!!!
Make the damn trade, I don't see Harrington being a key player for us. Tyrus Thomas would give us length, defense, and he should of being (wtf?) our pick back in 2006 (2nd pick overall that the Bulls got for the Curry trade). Harrington is playing for himself and not the team. (who isn't?)I feel the same as Nellie felt when he traded Al to us and I quote, "he thinks he's better than what he really is." Al's value is at all time high, get anything for him.

His value is at an all time high... Get anything for him?... You would make for a pathetic business man. Moronic.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
we gotta hope the bulls keep posting up terrible offensive numbers. if we can get an UNPROTECTED first round and thomas id do that deal in a heartbelt. otherwise id trade to boost harrington's value to try and get rid of jeffries with him, somehow lol.

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
His value is at an all time high... Get anything for him?... You would make for a pathetic business man. Moronic.

It is obvious that we won't retain him so get something/anything for him. I'm not that high on Harrington, he doesn't make others around him better. At best he's a scoring forward and that's it. He doesn't pass, rebounds, blocks, steals. Some posters think that we could get an unprotected pick for him, that is just silly to even consider that. Have you ever seen Harrington put his head up dribbling? He thinks he is Lebron out there in his retarded mind. Ship him out and get something for him, you got that or do I have to explain it to you in Spanish? Estupido!

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Tard

It is obvious that we won't retain him so get something/anything for him. I'm not that high on Harrington, he doesn't make others around him better. At best he's a scoring forward and that's it. He doesn't pass, rebounds, blocks, steals. Some posters think that we could get an unprotected pick for him, that is just silly to even consider that. Have you ever seen Harrington put his head up dribbling? He thinks he is Lebron out there in his retarded mind. Ship him out and get something for him, you got that or do I have to explain it to you in Spanish? Estupido!

How about I explain it to you in Japanese - あなたはお釜です. I was just hitting you back for an unnecessary slandering on another post I made that you had a manic outburst about & didn't even reply to me when I asked what your point was. As well as the question I asked you which was:
Do all Europian players pass and dribble the same way? That's precisely what you said in another post. A ridiculous comment.

My over all point here, impotencia mariposo, is don't be a prick. And...Learn how to use grammar.

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
Sorry Arod, I disagree. Al isn't Lebron no doubt about that, but he can shoot and he gets to the rim effectively and draws fouls, and at times plays decent defense. Do I think he's someone we'll build around? No of course not, but at least the guy wants to be here. He (along with much of our roster) is essentially a rental player at this point. Walsh would is unlikely to make a trade unless it is for a superstar (forget that happening) or for another 1 year rental. Al to bulls for Tyrus and Jerome works in terms of no salary cap disruption, but we trade the talent away. We send a player I already somewhat described away for a bum to sit on the bench and likely ruin any drive Eddy Curry might have to increase his value, and a relatively unskilled but athletic big. Tyrus is great for a long term project, but for a one year rental (we would not retain his bird rights as it would kill our chances of signing a superstar) he isn't even close to worth it in my opinion. You never know until you see how something works out, and I am a Phys Ed teacher, not an NBA expert merely a fan, so I am not trying to argue here. I just think that it obviously doesn't help our cap situation, and in my opinion downgrades our talent for this year. With no #1 pick this seems to make no sense at all, unless of course Tyrus comes in and somehow blows up this year, but I see him at no more than a 10 pt, 9 reb, 2 block guy. A welcome addition in terms of defense no doubt, but not worth it to me.

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
Sorry Arod, I disagree. Al isn't Lebron no doubt about that, but he can shoot and he gets to the rim effectively and draws fouls, and at times plays decent defense. Do I think he's someone we'll build around? No of course not, but at least the guy wants to be here. He (along with much of our roster) is essentially a rental player at this point. Walsh would is unlikely to make a trade unless it is for a superstar (forget that happening) or for another 1 year rental. Al to bulls for Tyrus and Jerome works in terms of no salary cap disruption, but we trade the talent away. We send a player I already somewhat described away for a bum to sit on the bench and likely ruin any drive Eddy Curry might have to increase his value, and a relatively unskilled but athletic big. Tyrus is great for a long term project, but for a one year rental (we would not retain his bird rights as it would kill our chances of signing a superstar) he isn't even close to worth it in my opinion. You never know until you see how something works out, and I am a Phys Ed teacher, not an NBA expert merely a fan, so I am not trying to argue here. I just think that it obviously doesn't help our cap situation, and in my opinion downgrades our talent for this year. With no #1 pick this seems to make no sense at all, unless of course Tyrus comes in and somehow blows up this year, but I see him at no more than a 10 pt, 9 reb, 2 block guy. A welcome addition in terms of defense no doubt, but not worth it to me.

WNY_Knickfan,

Tyrus just turned 23 years old in August and that is the reason I would do this deal. I also understand that Harrington wants to be here and is a scorer. But the problem I have is that if we are developing Gallo, Hill, Chandler and Douglas then Harrington is not the player to do that. He is out to get his points, why doesn't he rebound with more proficiency? He is only a career 13.9 points per game player not a true/pure scorer in which he does it in a way that helps and benefits the team. We have been so bad over the years that any good player seems in our eyes way better than what he really is. Pay close attention when he has the ball in his hands and see how everyone doesn't move because they know that he won't pass the ball back.

Let me give you an example of players that get 20 points per game but did it or still do it effectively for their teams.

Scottie Pippen
Patrick Ewing
Reggie Miller
Brandon Roy
Mitch Richmond
Latrell Sprewell
Kevin Garnett
Joe Johnson
Allan Houston

Last edited:

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
How about I explain it to you in Japanese - あなたはお釜です. I was just hitting you back for an unnecessary slandering on another post I made that you had a manic outburst about & didn't even reply to me when I asked what your point was. As well as the question I asked you which was:
Do all Europian players pass and dribble the same way? That's precisely what you said in another post. A ridiculous comment.

My over all point here, impotencia mariposo, is don't be a prick. And...Learn how to use grammar.

Just in that you misspelled a couple of words: Europian, over all, and those words in Spanish are so bad I have a no comment on it.

Last edited:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Well I was just trying to be accommodating with the Spanish. You still didn't answer the question by the way. Do all the EuropEan players in the league dribble and pass a certain European way?

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Trading Harrington

This is a lost year and I do not care whether Harrington remains with the Knicks through the year. He is our best offensive player, but he demands the ball and probably does take something away from the development of the younger players, specifically, Chandler and Gallo.

Harringtom apparently wants to be with the Knicks not just this year but beyond as well. However, whether he is Knick in 2010 is essentially unrelated to whether or not he remains a Knick in 2009. He will be an unrestricted free agent in 2010. He is likely to be willing to take something of a home team -- Knick -- discount in 2010. However, I do not think he will take that much of a discount because this will be his last chance for a reasonably big contract. I do not see him for the future.

Walsh's apparent disinterest in dealing Harrington for Tyrus Thomas does not mean he would not trade him for some expiring contract and a promising young player we could keep in 2010 without creating the problems for 2010 cap space that keeping Tyrus Thomas would.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I don't get this stuff about Harrington hindering the development of other players. He had a couple of 40 point games but for the most part but it's not like the guy is Kobe from two years back. Harrington will defer to anyone that hits shots consistently. Lee is still putting up good numbers with Harrington on the floor. Doesn't make since to blame players inconsistencies on the ones that are being consistent.

This trade talk is bogus anyway. Media manufactures news when they run out of stories to report.