Why all the minutes and love for Duhon?

BlackH20

Benchwarmer
38 minutes and your point guard give you 7 points? WOW, I know it's .8 points below is average of under 8 points a game and 6 assist, his season average, but this is some strong love for a player averaging near 34 minutes a game.
I don't care what Robinson did, we get the point now, but to make this much of an example is just being a jerk. Damn, you think he pulled something like Curry? What is the love affair with Duhon? I don't get it. Gallo, sure, he get's hot, you knew the old man, I understand. He might make it, but with a bad back at this age, and his size, I doubt it, but you have to play him, he is improving.

Harrington and Hughes nearly ties Duhon assist in the game today? Oh ya, besides your big men of Harrington and Lee, he has the most turnovers pg.
This is not something from today, this guy has the most minutes of ANY KNICK PLAYER THIS YEAR? Every Knicks win this year, Hughes has been instrumental. I am not saying he is a superstar, I am saying what you got on the bench and what has happened with 25% of the season so far, Hughes, Robinson and maybe Douglas are better than Duhon. The Knicks would have lost today against New Jersey if Hughes did not drive hard and take the hits an get to the free throw line. Duhon hesitates and slows the offense down to a crawl. If Hughes did not take over the point (and he does it from the side of the key to keep Duhon still at the top, in the third , this game would be another loss.

I complained about Harrington not starting, I was wrong, he can only give you about 25 minutes and he is done, exhausted, but damn he plays hard.
Tyrus Thomas is not near this good and unless you think somebody is coming to play with Tyrus next year forget it. He only showed some hope at the end of last year in a total of three years now.

Lee, Harrinton, Gallinari, Hughes and Robinson or Douglas need to start and have Duhon come of the bench to come out of his slump. 25% of the season is blown on D'Antonio playing him the most minutes and he contributes no more on average to the rookie Toney Douglas. Duhon is not a long term point guard. Neither is Hughes, but wins is what you better get if you want anyone to come here. Lebron isn't coming to play with this group, he is just soacking the media. Hughes was his point guard his only trip to the finals filling in for Eric Snow. Hughes doesn't like to play the point guard, its just that he can be damn good at it, better than anyone on this team. No, he's not the future, but Duhon sure is not and you better find out if Douglas can mature. Hill is a bust, the word is out on that. No work ethic has be observed and guys with 5-12 years in the league still get to practice early and stay late. Not the rookie.

Oh well, thanks for letting me get that rant out, I am sure D'Antonio and the assistant coaches check the board nightly (then again, they probably do).

Going for 25 wins if they don't trade Harrington and cut Duhon's minutes.

Later from Colorado (KNICKS FAN):2cents:

Kiyaman

Legend
The Knick Players are not happy with the way headcoach Dantoni's decision making been going this season, it has a great affect on the future ending-contract players. They are not like Darko who home and family is in Europe.

If u look clearly at the Knick vs Nets Game, u will see the majority of the Knick players in the first half were playing to lose to the Nets.....to send a message to headcoach Dantoni (like the Bobcats did to Larry Brown).

The last player u want shooting jumpers is Larry Hughes, then Jefferies, and the way my-boy Chandler been throwing up stuff when he have a clear driving lane but would throw up a brick instead, and his teammates keep feeding him the ball, while denying Gallo the ball. Things like that gives Knicks oponents and the Nets a 61 point halftime, but the Nets were playing so sloppy and fouling for no reason the Knicks could'nt help from scoring 53 points at halftime.

The Knicks "rental-players" did not decide to win this game untill after 6 minutes in the 3rd qtr. when Dantoni did not make any of his stupid substitutions so the next 6 minutes the "rental-players" took total control of both sides of the court with some great steals and passing for a 33-18 3rd qtr. Dantoni let the "rental-players" play the entire 3rd qtr....this is the second time in a row and it led to two wins.

BlackH20

Benchwarmer
Not sure on that

The Knick Players are not happy with the way headcoach Dantoni's decision making been going this season, it has a great affect on the future ending-contract players. They are not like Darko who home and family is in Europe.

If u look clearly at the Knick vs Nets Game, u will see the majority of the Knick players in the first half were playing to lose to the Nets.....to send a message to headcoach Dantoni (like the Bobcats did to Larry Brown).

The last player u want shooting jumpers is Larry Hughes, then Jefferies, and the way my-boy Chandler been throwing up stuff when he have a clear driving lane but would throw up a brick instead, and his teammates keep feeding him the ball, while denying Gallo the ball. Things like that gives Knicks oponents and the Nets a 61 point halftime, but the Nets were playing so sloppy and fouling for no reason the Knicks could'nt help from scoring 53 points at halftime.

The Knicks "rental-players" did not decide to win this game untill after 6 minutes in the 3rd qtr. when Dantoni did not make any of his stupid substitutions so the next 6 minutes the "rental-players" took total control of both sides of the court with some great steals and passing for a 33-18 3rd qtr. Dantoni let the "rental-players" play the entire 3rd qtr....this is the second time in a row and it led to two wins.

Maybe you have something there, but the only way Gallo leads or is close to leading the NBA with 3 pointers is assist are from Hughes and Duhon. He's not bringing the ball down court with those ball handling skills.
I have watched about every-game on the Dish package (yes, I am short on entertainment) and they are feeding him the ball as much as anyone. Hughes is streaky on his shots, but look back 11 years, you know what you're getting, same stats as ever, but his assist to Lee, Chandler, Harrington, Gallo and even Duhon are fantastic ball handling. He has great court vision, something the stats just don't show, plus, he is the best defender on the team and your not slacking when your in the top ten in steals. He's 30, surely not in anyone's plans, but you have to use what you have.
The Robinson thing the players don't want to get involved in, I saw him going to Duhon and Hughes over it and the both said, take it up with the man, was easy to read their lips. But, he's done his time now, he should be getting more minutes than Duhon, so should Douglas. That is where I am confused, this can't be your point guard for the future?
Hill in my opinion was a bust pick and a bust player. Not going to make it in this league.
Hughes knew he was off today, so he drove and collected fouls and turned the game (hey, I know, it's the Nets). Quite frankly, I see all the Vets getting all the time they need except Robinson and Darko. D'Antonio is the boss and disenchantment will hit the press soon in N.Y. if your right. Tyrus Thomas will really set this team back, at least this year. One glimmer of hope late last year, otherwise, he has not lived up to the hype of that run in the tournament years back. Chicago made a good run because of him and now they are ready to unload him? An answer to get this team to the playoffs? Besides an old 7 footer that can give you 20 solid minutes (and this could be Darko), I do not have a clue. It's massive trades, Lee is a keeper, Lebron or Wade is all your money in one player, you need 2-3 top level players on the court and we have not on in this league. D"Antonio did not inherit much and besides the Duhon and Robinson situations, I don't see how he could win much more games. A lot of head cases not suiting up in this franchise.

Kiyaman

Legend
What bothers me the most.....

Last season after the addition of Hughes & Wilcox (doing well in Detroit) everyone started calling the Knicks a "Rental-Player" team. And after waiting forever to resign "Lee & Nate" to a one year contract the entire league considered the Knicks a "Rental-Player" team this season.

Why did'nt coach Dantoni understand the message of being a "Rental-Player" team?
Every Knick oponents (players) will have millions of big-jokes on each of the Knicks ending-contract-players (rental-player) on the court. I know I would. LOL

In this Preseason, it did not look like Dantoni pulled all the ending-contract players to the side and say, "I'm going to give u guys more chances than the rest of the roster to pull this team together, and perform like a team. There will be alot of oponents that will score and say some stuff about rental-players-team to make u play like a one-man team to throw us off, which will not help us win. I want u guys to stay focus 100% at giving a team-performance.".

This speech was not delivered b/c Larry Hughes is still one of the top-5 defensive-guards in the NBA, and our first game of the season was aginst "D.Wade" Miami Heat. Which Larry Hughes was DNP. What got Hughes off of DNP was Nate Robinson sprained injury. And Hughes took advantage of the oportunity of getting his first playingtime this season by playing outstanding defense.

Our first round draft pick Jordan Hill is only a bust by the NewsDay paper which is owned by Dolan, and have excess to the Knicks & Rangers that no other Newspaper does. And the News Day job is to cover for Donnie Walsh and Dantoni decision making.
Jordan Hill performance is another Kurt Thomas whom Dantoni was never crazy about having in Phoenix.

Us Knick-Fans has not seen the Tandem of Lee & Hill on the court yet in 21 games or in preseason. When Blake Griffin, Thabeet, Hansbrough, and Blair only are given playingtime with another bigman teammate on the court with them.
This is why u always see Hill talking to assistant coach Herb Williams. The sameway Wilcox was DNP half of his Knick games Hill is too, but with a bad rep of being raw or a bust.

Dantoni only focus this preseason (Knicks publicity) to the 19th game of the season was "Gallo" receiving 30 mpg, and the only player on the Knicks advertisement. The coach showed he did not care or was willing to do anything about Duhon and Chandler performing like "SHUUUUT" each game.

This DNP on Nate Robinson is Dantoni's "scapegoat" for a 4-15 season...

LJ4ptplay

Starter

I was watching the mike dantoni show and he said the reason duhon is still starting and playing all those minutes is because he gives us a better chance of winning. (Are you kidding me)

BlackH20

Benchwarmer
The lottery?

I was watching the mike dantoni show and he said the reason duhon is still starting and playing all those minutes is because he gives us a better chance of winning. (Are you kidding me)

Maybe he was thinking about winning the lottery?

jpz17

Starter
38 minutes and your point guard give you 7 points? WOW, I know it's .8 points below is average of under 8 points a game and 6 assist, his season average, but this is some strong love for a player averaging near 34 minutes a game.
I don't care what Robinson did, we get the point now, but to make this much of an example is just being a jerk. Damn, you think he pulled something like Curry? What is the love affair with Duhon? I don't get it. Gallo, sure, he get's hot, you knew the old man, I understand. He might make it, but with a bad back at this age, and his size, I doubt it, but you have to play him, he is improving.

Harrington and Hughes nearly ties Duhon assist in the game today? Oh ya, besides your big men of Harrington and Lee, he has the most turnovers pg.
This is not something from today, this guy has the most minutes of ANY KNICK PLAYER THIS YEAR? Every Knicks win this year, Hughes has been instrumental. I am not saying he is a superstar, I am saying what you got on the bench and what has happened with 25% of the season so far, Hughes, Robinson and maybe Douglas are better than Duhon. The Knicks would have lost today against New Jersey if Hughes did not drive hard and take the hits an get to the free throw line. Duhon hesitates and slows the offense down to a crawl. If Hughes did not take over the point (and he does it from the side of the key to keep Duhon still at the top, in the third , this game would be another loss.

I complained about Harrington not starting, I was wrong, he can only give you about 25 minutes and he is done, exhausted, but damn he plays hard.
Tyrus Thomas is not near this good and unless you think somebody is coming to play with Tyrus next year forget it. He only showed some hope at the end of last year in a total of three years now.

Lee, Harrinton, Gallinari, Hughes and Robinson or Douglas need to start and have Duhon come of the bench to come out of his slump. 25% of the season is blown on D'Antonio playing him the most minutes and he contributes no more on average to the rookie Toney Douglas. Duhon is not a long term point guard. Neither is Hughes, but wins is what you better get if you want anyone to come here. Lebron isn't coming to play with this group, he is just soacking the media. Hughes was his point guard his only trip to the finals filling in for Eric Snow. Hughes doesn't like to play the point guard, its just that he can be damn good at it, better than anyone on this team. No, he's not the future, but Duhon sure is not and you better find out if Douglas can mature. Hill is a bust, the word is out on that. No work ethic has be observed and guys with 5-12 years in the league still get to practice early and stay late. Not the rookie.

Oh well, thanks for letting me get that rant out, I am sure D'Antonio and the assistant coaches check the board nightly (then again, they probably do).

Later from Colorado (KNICKS FAN):2cents:

Why all the minutes? because he is our only option that is why

BlackH20

Benchwarmer
More LOVE and 38 minutes for DUHON nice 7 points

Every other team announcers wonder what the hell Duhon is doing out there the whole game, not running an offense worth a crap and scoring 7 points for the game. This is old, you can play Douglas, Robinson has played his dues, you can get Hill some time with Hughes playing the point, but D'Antonio's love for Duhon is crushing the teams moral. This guys collective stats are the worst in every category for any starting point guard in the NBA, and your telling me the assistant coaches can't pull this and about forty other analysis up showing worse? He is wasted space, Hughes covered Roy, if he was a great defender sure, but he sucks, 1/4 of the season wasted on bringing a guy out of a slump. Every Knick announcer kisses his butt. Come on, you don't play the most minutes on your team and score 8 ppg? If I was Robinson, I would hit the press in New York, quite kissing up, it ain't working. You got more fan base than D'Antonio and you lead Duhon in every catagory. Hell, even every starting point guard in the East and sub just about have this guy beat this year, yet he plays the whole game, hesitates, brings the ball up like paint drying. I have never seen a coach stick with a player this long in 50 plus years of playing and watching hoops.
Even these boards, no one even notices Duhon, what is up with him? Then they put the mic on him tonight, that was one great quote "lets go guys".
Ya, thanks Duhon. The announcers kiss up and say, "Well he is so honest about not playing well". That's great, play him more coach.

A few other notes: Harrington is not in shape and Gallo needs to keep the ball off the court, once he tries to get fancy, it's stolen. I can take the Gallo love, he's a good chance on the future, but besides that, I like winning and Duhon isn't helping anyone (but his family).

BlackH20

Benchwarmer
Posted in December, this is why the Knicks are not in the playoff